Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

ut he continues to find ways to belittle Tennesse
If a North Eastern yankee may give you a little advice; you shouldn't feel picked on. Geno only belittles the good programs. Do you think Muffet likes him any more than you do? Do you really think he's quiet about St. John's or Georgetown because he admires their program. It is a culture clash. Recognize he's a typical Philly Jerk (all of the northeast recognizes that term) and Philly fans are all this way regardless of the sport (well, hockey may be the worst).

If a North Eastern yankee may give you a little advice; you shouldn't feel picked on. Geno only belittles the good programs. Do you think Muffet likes him any more than you do? Do you really think he's quiet about St. John's or Georgetown because he admires their program. It is a culture clash. Recognize he's a typical Philly Jerk (all of the northeast recognizes that term) and Philly fans are all this way regardless of the sport (well, hockey may be the worst).

The fact that it is common doesn't make it right, or any less objectionable! At least, in my opinion.

Jim

LSU is just gritty. Their defense keeping them in it so far. No real answer for Boston but they’re making it tough when she catches. She’s gonna have to work for it tonight. SC looking fatigued by the LSU defense a little already. Conversely the size of SC is wearing on LSU.

Nikki managing fouls very closely. Took Aifuwa out for a good bit with just the one foul.

LSU got the ugly game going 25 to 23 lead at half. They have forced SC into 9 turnovers a little below the 21 they average forcing but are in good shape with a couple of their best players sitting out most of that half of the game. I don't know if they can hold SC off but I'm thinking it is going to be a game that if you can get to 60 you probably win.

LSU is offensively challenged but the way they get after it on defense especially at home is impressive. I haven't seen a better defensive team wish Tennessee would play with their intensity on defense every possession. I think we have a very good defense but we don't get after it like LSU you earn your points.

Northwestern is one of those teams that remained ranked despite not beating anyone of quality. Good win for Indiana.

Wake Forest has become an underdog favorite of mine in the ACC, keeping it close against Louisville late in the 3rd quarter. Something about a #1 ranked Louisville sits wrong in the soul for me, so I'm definitely rooting for WF here!

NC State comes from 14 down in the 4th quarter to beat Virginia Tech 89-87. Cunane didn't play...wonder what's up with that?

Mizzou blowing chances after tying it up and having empty possessions, missed FT, and turnovers. Still only down by two, but just gave up offensive rebound.

Had another golden chance to tie but missed 2 bunnies and then turned over.

A&M just hit 2 FT to up by 4 with 15 seconds left.

Not looking good.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Mizzou throws inbound pass away. Shame...they had been hot and hit a ton of threes.

Unless they steal imbound or get 5-second count, this one's over.

A&M survives to win 70-66.

The fact that it is common doesn't make it right, or any less objectionable! At least, in my opinion.

Jim
I agree. I know that when i moved south 30 years ago I had to learn to drop the Yankee put downs that I would use with my good friends up north. Once I realized my Yankee ways were offensive it really upset me and I had to change. Like I say 'North is a direction, south is a culture' and I than God regularly for letting me live in South Carolina. (But I still support the NY Yankees, NY Giants, and UConn basketball. College football I support a different shade of orange and also garnet and black.)

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back