Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Watching the Iowa vs Maryland game.
Iowa made seven 3 point attempts in the first quarter.
Unfortunately for them. Maryland made 8 out of 9 from 3.
No defense being played by Iowa.
Maryland 41-21 after the first quarter.
Katie Benzan has hit 7 3's with 5 min to go before halftime :oops:.

Vic screwed up big when he rescinded her scholarship to Texas.

68 to 51 at halftime. I wouldn't even say the game is over Maryland has been known to fade in the second half of games don't know if that will happen today. I've seen them squander more than 17 point lead but usually still win.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Katie Benzan has hit 7 3's with 5 min to go before halftime :oops:.

Vic screwed up big when he rescinded her scholarship to Texas.

Benzan - MD and Clark - IA with 8 triples apiece in the first half. It's like they are hell-bent on outscoring each other and forgetting to play defense. Lucky for Katie, she has better pieces around her.

maybe Kellie should be looking for Ivy league players in the portal then.

Would have to be a grad transfer, because I can't see someone who is getting a free ride to an Ivy League school leaving without a degree.

I'm surprised that more teams weren't after Katie. She can shoot, pass, takes care of the ball, and I think she leads the team in steals. Brenda must have been thanking the heavens that Katie practically landed in her lap. The funny thing is that Katie is EXACTLY what Texas is missing. If she stayed with her original plan, Collier would have a lot more room inside because Texas has no consistent outside threat.

Benzan hitting 51 percent from the three and 93 percent from the foul line for the season. Vince going to have nightmares about letting that player go.

Reactions: Amb3096
The record for a game is 25 Sacramento State vs Portland State. That is going down today. Just need two in second half.

Benzan - MD and Clark - IA with 8 triples apiece in the first half. It's like they are hell-bent on outscoring each other and forgetting to play defense. Lucky for Katie, she has better pieces around her.
Clark hit about 2 or 3 of those threes wtih Benzan all over her. Clark is threat to shoot and make a three once she crosses half court.

Reactions: Amb3096
68 to 51 at halftime. I wouldn't even say the game is over Maryland has been known to fade in the second half of games don't know if that will happen today. I've seen them squander more than 17 point lead but usually still win.
Maryland is putting this one to bed so far in the 3rd quarter.

No threes from Katie or Cait in over 5 minutes???

Looks like Maryland will score about 125 today. Three point record is safe as no one has hit many in the third quarter so the one team record of 25 will stand. I don't know what the record is for two teams combined. I was expecting one of the teams to hit at least six in the third and have a shot at that 25.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back