Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Give credit where it's due. Paige isn't even through her first season and she's already shown a knack for hitting the big shot in clutch moments...
I'll give her credit for her clutch play in the last 8 min of the game, but that shot was a prayer. Not squared up, off balance, bad form. She is great for the awareness to shake her defender and beat the shot clock, but she got an assist from Lady Luck right there.

Because she’s slow and not very athletic. Very coordinated, not very athletic. People often confuse the two.

Leticia Amihere is exactly the opposite. She’s very athletic but not very coordinated lol.
Not just that, but not strong enough either. She would have nothing to counter Saxton...especially trying to keep her off the glass or defend her postups.

I'll give her credit for her clutch play in the last 8 min of the game, but that shot was a prayer. Not squared up, off balance, bad form. She is great for the awareness to shake her defender and beat the shot clock, but she got an assist from Lady Luck right there.

When does it change from luck to clutch? She killed Tennessee with a heroic 3 and now USC, If she keeps doing it maybe she just has the ability to hit bad form shots when the chips are down.

When does it change from luck to clutch? She killed Tennessee with a heroic 3 and now USC, If she keeps doing it maybe she just has the ability to hit bad form shots when the chips are down.

Talking about the bounce of the ball off the back of the rim was the lucky part. She totally took over that wasn’t luck but the shot to swing the momentum def has a bit of luck

Haters gonna hate.

The narrative has changed from "is she the best freshman in the country?" to "is she the best player in the country?" I'm thinking yes...

Well, let's see...she missed her previous 5 threes when she shot in rhythm and perfect form, and made one where she practically heaved it at the basket with the shot clock winding down. So yes...that was more luck, less clutch. Just like Zia's midcourt shot.

The difference in the Tennessee game was that her shot wasn't a prayer. She hadn't made a three all game, but no one would have called her shot attempt in that game a prayer.

Haters gonna hate.

The narrative has changed from "is she the best freshman in the country?" to "is she the best player in the country?" I'm thinking yes...
I've already said that she's my pick for NPOY.

And that shot was still more lucky than good. Come on now!

Reactions: VolBalls33
No the best player in the country is still in HS her name is Fudd.
Well, I guess that UConn will have #1 and #2 in the country next season then.

I hope Henderson plays like she did tonight ..... when we play them ! She literally killed any chance for them to win that game. JMO

I hope that SC's vaunted class has some ball handlers that don't cough up the ball 8 times in a game. Henderson had more turnovers than SC had assists as a team. Co-MVP for UConn along with Bueckers tonight.

No the best player in the country is still in HS her name is Fudd.

Even more depressing. I can already see Fudd-Bueckers rivaling Bird-Taurasi as the greatest backcourt in women's basketball history.

Why don't we not keep the UConn series going Kellie...

Reactions: mcannon1
And her team beat #1... 🤷 If her goal was to win a title, she's well on her way...
I mainly point this out as UCONN doesn't win in Knoxville without Westbrook scoring like she did. Of course she has one of her worst games against SC. And so what if I want to see her play bad? I just don't like her attitude. Having said that, I don't blame her or anyone that left UT because Holly was well Holly and wasn't ever going to reach the Final 4 much less a title game.

I mainly point this out as UCONN doesn't win in Knoxville without Westbrook scoring like she did. Of course she has one of her worst games against SC. And so what if I want to see her play bad? I just don't like her attitude. Having said that, I don't blame her or anyone that left UT because Holly was well Holly and wasn't ever going to reach the Final 4 much less a title game.

The lineup Tennessee used was a better matchup for Evina. They didn't have a true 4. Tennessee was basically playing 4 out, 1 in. Even if they brought KK out to play alongside Key she's too slow to chase Evina around the perimeter. Saxton is a true 4/5, plus she's fast and mobile enough to guard the perimeter. Evina had no chance whatsoever in this matchup. She'd have the same problem against a team like TAMU.

You guys are way overreacting....She's Ok, no big deal.
Next season we'll have the horses to match them tit for .........tat.

Some of you guys so worried just need to hibernate for a few years...
I wish you were correct but yes we will have horses but they will have stallions.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back