Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think these players really like playing for Kellie and they feel they are on the cusp of something special. Want her to do what’s best for her but I would have absolutely no issues with her returning for another season. Would be great for the program and Rennia could get some time back since her Freshman and Sophomore year were a total mess.

Would also really help Suarez, Striplin and Puckett. Having Rennia available still will really take the pressure off of our young 3/4 players who are going to have to play.
Rennia returns for a 5th szn, Rae and Jordan H become stars...idk about y'all but that makes me feel like they could be a National Championship contender

Rennia returns for a 5th szn, Rae and Jordan H become stars...idk about y'all but that makes me feel like they could be a National Championship contender

I would agree. Tamari is going to have to step up in a very big way for us to contend for any championships. We are going to have to have a scoring inside presence.

So either she gets a lot better or we try to bring in a transfer in the post. I suppose Kasi might stay for a 5th year as well. But she also needs to improve if we are to compete for championships again.

This season I’m just hoping to finish firmly in the top 4 of the SEC. If we can do that it’ll be a step in the right direction. Anything extra is just icing on the cake.

I agree. I have a feeling UCONN will back out because they don’t want to risk traveling to Tennessee. If they have reschedule anymore conference games they are going to be in a pickle.
They were ready to travel to Waco, so I don't see why they wouldn't travel to Knoxville. If both teams are Covid free, the game will be played in my opinion.

On edit - UConn's game with Seton Hall was just postponed. Providence has halted BB operations and the Big East postponed the UConn/Seton Hall game as a precaution. So maybe not? It's crazy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
I agree. I have a feeling UCONN will back out because they don’t want to risk traveling to Tennessee. If they have reschedule anymore conference games they are going to be in a pickle.

I think as long as the opposing team can prove they’re healthy, UConn is ready to load the plane (or bus...) and play pretty much anyone.

Reactions: mcannon1
I have my doubts as well. Do you have specific information or just a hunch?
Think about the date of the game and what is supposed to happen the day before. Then watch the news. If what is being said comes true, there is no way any games will be played that day or the days after, maybe even the days right before. It has nothing to do with the virus. jmo. If this post is out of line, I apologize to the Moderators.

Think about the date of the game and what is supposed to happen the day before. Then watch the news. If what is being said comes true, there is no way any games will be played that day or the days after, maybe even the days right before. It has nothing to do with the virus. jmo. If this post is out of line, I apologize to the Moderators.
good point hopefully nothing bad happens..... 2020 was already crazy enough

Praying for civility.

Not unless Tennessee is a NC contender today. Adding the 4 freshmen won't elevate them to that level right off the bat. It's likely (and expected) that most of them will need time to adjust to the college game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not unless Tennessee is a NC contender today. Adding the 4 freshmen won't elevate them to that level right off the bat. It's likely (and expected) that most of them will need time to adjust to the college game.

ever the optimist 😉

Edit: This is a joke... i just realized there are some posters on here that don’t appreciate a light sense of humor. not saying that’s you but i just wanted to be sure to emphasize that comment was a joke

Think about the date of the game and what is supposed to happen the day before. Then watch the news. If what is being said comes true, there is no way any games will be played that day or the days after, maybe even the days right before.

Regrettably, what is being said will come true, and Joseph Biden, Jr. will be inaugurated.

[Note: just having a laugh. Not trying to get thread deleted, licked, or moved to Politics. Freak, please delete if needed.]

Edit: Locked, not licked.

ever the optimist 😉

Edit: This is a joke... i just realized there are some posters on here that don’t appreciate a light sense of humor. not saying that’s you but i just wanted to be sure to emphasize that comment was a joke

My skepticism shows...I know. But in all seriousness, do you think adding the 4 freshman to this team (and subtracting KK) would put Tennessee in the same league as Stanford, UConn, SC, Louisville, and Oregon...who will all have monster teams next season? I think they could be a S16 team, but NC contender is pushing it.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
My skepticism shows...I know. But in all seriousness, do you think adding the 4 freshman to this team (and subtracting KK) would put Tennessee in the same league as Stanford, UConn, SC, Louisville, and Oregon...who will all have monster teams next season? I think they could be a S16 team, but NC contender is pushing it.

oh no i totally get what you’re saying... I do think her coming back puts them in the upper echelon when you’re talking about top 10-15.

You say sweet 16 i’m thinking elite 8. and that’s honest.

My ears were burning......

We get that you try to insert yourself into our forum and make things about you but news flash they aren’t!

Posters on this board have called you out for your $<!+ before and if i felt the need i would do the same.

So to be clear when i’m talking to you i will @ you. But with your rude accusatory tantrum you threw was not a good look.

So do you want an issue? Because i haven’t said anything to you but if you want to stir this pot let me know ... I have time this evening.

I’d put an emoji but i know how much they set you off

Reactions: LadyVol1908
We get that you try to insert yourself into our forum and make things about you but news flash they aren’t!

Posters on this board have called you out for your $<!+ before and if i felt the need i would do the same.

So to be clear when i’m talking to you i will @ you. But with your rude accusatory tantrum you threw was not a good look.

So do you want an issue? Because i haven’t said anything to you but if you want to stir this pot let me know ... I have time this evening.

He’ll be banned soon enough. Just ignore the h*ll out of him. I just don’t respond. Don’t have him on ignore though because he inserts himself into every conversation. So if you ignore him you end up missing half the stuff on the board.

He’s only here to stir the pot. Contrary to any post he may make indicating he has any other intention. Calls himself a Rutgers fan but I can’t recall the last time he brought any info to the board about Rutgers and he gets butt hurt anytime someone brings up how terrible his team has been.

You saw they're ranked now, right... ?
I've learned to become fluent in "Darth", so I get what you're saying. I agree, to an extent. The win over Arkansas was a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see things play out more in the SEC to get a sense if Tennessee is "back". It goes in one of two directions now. Either a.) a resurgence against the top tier of the SEC and a top 4 finish or b.) falling back in with the middle of the pack. The next two games are important. Win both, and they climb in the rankings and their appearance there could become a trend again vs. an anomaly.

DIdn't we have a back and forth where you told me you were joking about something and I had taken it seriously? Maybe I confused you with another poster?

I was only responding to the part where you said you were making sure it was understood you were joking. it was similar to another post to me.

Wow...that is all I meant.

He’ll be banned soon enough. Just ignore the h*ll out of him. I just don’t respond. Don’t have him on ignore though because he inserts himself into every conversation. So if you ignore him you end up missing half the stuff on the board.

He’s only here to stir the pot. Contrary to any post he may make indicating he has any other intention. Calls himself a Rutgers fan but I can’t recall the last time he brought any info to the board about Rutgers and he gets butt hurt anytime someone brings up how terrible his team has been.
RU is on Covid protocol.

And I don't get butt hurt. They've been ranked this year and have a possible AA on the team. I can take the jokes about it.

You are going to get me banned? I hope not. I haven't posted anything that breaks the rules.

They've been ranked this year and have a possible AA on the team. I can take the jokes about it.

Guairantes (sp?) may not make an AA team, but it's not from lack of effort. She probably doesn't get on not because she isn't deserving, but because she isn't an early "chosen one". Someone posted an article about the top WNBA prospects, and she is stuffing the stat sheet in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. At the guard position and under 6 feet tall. She's an impressive player!

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back