Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Interesting note, DePaul is the 1st team I’ve seen with players playing with masks ON during the game. The game between them and Texas A&M is pretty good

Reactions: JustaChicken
Interesting note, DePaul is the 1st team I’ve seen with players playing with masks ON during the game. The game between them and Texas A&M is pretty good

It’s not covering the nose on most after a few seconds of play. Totally pointless to have it on if both teams aren’t wearing one. The nose is the primary sight of infection for airborne viral infections.

MO State knocks off Maryland. Love to see it! Coach Mox has done a fine job but it’s nice to see Kellie’s former team still having success. Seems like she left them in a great spot. Technically still a ton of players she and her staff recruited. They were a very young team her final season when they went to the Sweet 16. I have high hopes for the Lady Vols this season. I pray for an NCAA tournament. Somehow, someway!

It’s not covering the nose on most after a few seconds of play. Totally pointless to have it on if both teams aren’t wearing one. The nose is the primary sight of infection for airborne viral infections.

I noticed that too, which to me would seem like all they’re doing is making it harder on themselves to play for no reason... UK plays them in 2 weeks, will be interesting to see if they are mask-less (may have made that word up lol) by then or if they actually try and keep them over the nose and mouth.

Reactions: VolBall09
thoughts on West Virginia we play them soon

We have a lot of similarities with WV. They are also a team that hangs their hat on rebounding and defense. Will be a great test to see how far our offensive execution has come. Gondrezick is a great player. She can really get her shot about anytime she pleases. I think our length can bother them though. Particularly their backcourt. We’ve got them by 3 or 4 inches at each guard spot.

They love to play in transition. Keys to the game will be keeping them off the offensive glass, limiting live ball turnovers and getting back in transition.

MO State knocks off Maryland. Love to see it! Coach Mox has done a fine job but it’s nice to see Kellie’s former team still having success. Seems like she left them in a great spot. Technically still a ton of players she and her staff recruited. They were a very young team her final season when they went to the Sweet 16. I have high hopes for the Lady Vols this season. I pray for an NCAA tournament. Somehow, someway!

Maryland was having there way with MO State in the first half up 16, Then the wheels fell off. Chloe Bibby really hurt them in my book. She is a starter played 28:37 mins and scored only 2pts she needs to score more. Mimi Collins played very well in 17:00 mins 4-7 from the floor but was foul trouble for her in the game. Fr Angel Reese had another strong game.

Remains to be seen what Missouri State will do once all the Harper recruits graduate. She really found some terrific under the radar players with high IQs that really know how to win basketball games. Wish she could've brought Franklin and Calip to Tennessee with here. Those two are terrific players.

Next opponent East Tennessee over Longwood by six. Longwood lost their previous game to Duke 94 to 64. I would expect the Lady Vols to be around a thirty point favorite in that one.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Remains to be seen what Missouri State will do once all the Harper recruits graduate. She really found some terrific under the radar players with high IQs that really know how to win basketball games. Wish she could've brought Franklin and Calip to Tennessee with here. Those two are terrific players.
MoSt has 2 FR and 1 SO on the roster, and I believe the SO was actually one of Kellie's recruits. Also, a couple of one transfers. Looking at the Md box score shows that all the starters were Kellie's players plus all except one that came off the bench --- just sayin' that Kellie knows a thing or two about recruiting "players."

Last edited:
No, I have not but, I will. Thank you for your response.

If they aren’t I do believe it also comes with my Sling sports subscription. I don’t pay for cable, just have the basic channels. I have Sling TV and a Roku. The sports package on Sling includes most of the conference channels. You can cancel anytime so I just sign up in November and cancel after the NCAA tournament since the only thing I watch on there is basketball. Easy to re-instate your subscription the next year.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop

VN Store

Back