Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

seriously, have you watched MR....No,, playing behind the likes of Breanna Stewart she will be utilized less, but her game, her fluidity in movement and her overall court presence is 10x better

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Coaching tips under Holly...
"Throw the ball to the big girl...That's all the offense we need to know"
AP_19025075943697_1553715982463_79399523_ver1.0-1.jpg

seriously, have you watched MR....No,, playing behind the likes of Breanna Stewart she will be utilized less, but her game, her fluidity in movement and her overall court presence is 10x better
I’ve watched her and I really don’t see a big difference in the pros in her three years. Certainly better than under Holly.

You watch a lot of Seattle games?

I'm curious why you think Chennedy's game will drop off? She hit the ground running in the W, and she was a more efficient pro player than she was in college.

Coaching...call it a hunch
The last time I saw this body language on the sidelines the athletes under her went backwards
temp001.png

Coaching...call it a hunch
The last time I saw this body language on the sidelines the athletes under her went backwards
View attachment 307125
Collen is one of the best young coaches the WNBA has. Had Carter not been injured, she'd have been a shoe-in for ROY, and will likely be an all-star her whole career.

Collen is one of the best young coaches the WNBA has. Had Carter not been injured, she'd have been a shoe-in for ROY, and will likely be an all-star her whole career.

Reading some of his posts in this thread and others I’m starting to believe this guy is just a bag or talking air. He says some of the most preposterous things. And is he really a coach?

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Yeah, Geno held her back....lol.

You're a funny guy Jumper.

And Mercedes? We discussed this before. Where is this big improvement you keep mentioning about her? Maybe a little better in the pros than in college? Maybe.

Auriemma didn't hold her back but I think he asked for something different from her than what her role is in the W.

Can't prove that by what I saw this year. And yes, Carter will play hard, but teams take on the character of their coach and Colleen looked worried, uncertant and defeated often this year and the Dream did too.

Reading some of his posts in this thread and others I’m starting to believe this guy is just a bag or talking air. He says some of the most preposterous things. And is he really a coach?

I post as a coach, not a fan.
I base my posts on what I see, not popularity.
I don't care to win over SC fans.

And,, if you ever face me on the sidelines, you would know the answer to your question!

Last edited:
I’ve watched her and I really don’t see a big difference in the pros in her three years. Certainly better than under Holly.

You watch a lot of Seattle games?

Just what I get to see on the tube...which is much more this year, given Covid and the wubble and the rigorous game-every other-day schedule.

But when I do get to watch them, I watch our players more intently than the game and MR's fluidity, endurance and skills have gotten much better...Much better

Reading these comments and posting out of boredom: I watched a few games with the Storm and agree MR is moving more quickly and looks to be in better condition. I don't think she will ever be a double digit go to player in the W but she can have a good career as a backup. I get her college career was a little disappointing but it wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. Heavy is the head that wears the crown of being the top recruit.

CD3 was terrific all season and deserves ROY for the W. I said after the draft I felt Dangerfield was a better PG than Ty Harris and caught some flack. Harris is a good player and will have many years ahead of her in the league but my money was on Dangerfield being the more successful of the two. Her role for the Lynx is very different than at Uconn, she's been put into a great situation and has taken advantage of it. I wish all these young ladies success in the league.

" 9:46 PM
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Rookie of the year Crystal Dangerfield scored 15 of her 17 points in the second half and Minnesota beat Phoenix 80-79 on Thursday night to advance to the semifinals of the WNBA playoffs.

The loss was the first in eight career single-elimination playoff games for Diana Taurasi, She had 28 points and nine assists to lead the Mercury.
Dangerfield was a big reason why that streak ended. She scored seven points in a 10-3 run to give Minnesota the lead for good, 74-67. "

Can't prove that by what I saw this year. And yes, Carter will play hard, but teams take on the character of their coach and Colleen looked worried, uncertant and defeated often this year and the Dream did too.

I post as a coach, not a fan.
I base my posts on what I see, not popularity.
I don't care to win over SC fans.

And,, if you ever face me on the sidelines, you would know the answer to your question!

Lol yeah ok. You probably couldn’t coach a Rev league to a championship please spare me man. I’m not here for you to win me over and I guarantee I would coach circles around you! You post as a Coach and not a fan but clearly you have bias when it comes to Lady Vol players...

Jillian Hollingshead has narrowed her list down to two schools. Mississippi State has been eliminated. Looks to be down to Georgia and UCLA!

Lol yeah ok. You probably couldn’t coach a Rev league to a championship please spare me man. I’m not here for you to win me over and I guarantee I would coach circles around you! You post as a Coach and not a fan but clearly you have bias when it comes to Lady Vol players...

Nope, no "Rev" league in my history
And of course I am biased about my players.

That has nothing to do with Carter...Or Collen....I recognize body-english and hers (this year) is one of uncertainty and fear...the team played like it finishing the season too.

No, winning you over is not my aim. Nor winning anyone over. It is simply to keep the LV team/org on track from my perches and influences and to weigh in on things I feel I can add to.

Last edited:
I believe if Sabrina had not been injured she would have won ROY. She too will likely become an all-star her whole career. The race would have probably been very close.

I believe if Sabrina had not been injured she would have won ROY. She too will likely become an all-star her whole career. The race would have probably been very close.
Agreed that she will become an all-star and likely MVP throughout her career, but Sabrina's problem is that her team absolutely sucks right now, and she might not have been able to get the kind of stats that people look for in a ROY. It'll take NY a while to build something solid around her.

VN Store

Back