Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Texas Tech and SMU are two peas in the same putrid pod. The article describes Stollings' great record at MN, but says nothing about why she left there.

Reactions: JustaChicken
remember one former LV turned successful coach had a similar situation a few years back at a university in Kansas. -

IMO Several of our boarders have "recommended" several not out of date punishment (boot camp) penalties for individual players and the whole team that in 2020 would be defined as toxic (probably should have been earlier).

Reactions: Orange Maniac
The only reason Dangerfield started is because Lexi Brown did not play. Banham has played much better and should have started. She was more efficient in half as many minutes. IMO Crystal is too small for the W. She won’t be able to get into the paint like she did in college against AAC teams. She has trouble getting her shot off over the taller perimeter defenders in the W. I don’t see her playing more than 2 seasons at this level. If she can get to where she can shoot like Leilani Mitchell she might have a chance. Over hyped IMO

Well, Brown is back and guess what. Dangerfield is still starting. While still not shooting great, she is performing better than her second round position. She might permanently have that starting PG job.

Well, Brown is back and guess what. Dangerfield is still starting. While still not shooting great, she is performing better than her second round position. She might permanently have that starting PG job.

Crystal is starting because Sylvia didn't play, so they went small. Odyssey Sims just got activated today, so I wouldn't bet on her being on the bench for long, if at all. The other player making the most of her opportunity is Bridget Carleton. Granted, it was NY, but her and Lexie both had very strong games last night.

Crystal is starting because Sylvia didn't play, so they went small. Odyssey Sims just got activated today, so I wouldn't bet on her being on the bench for long, if at all. The other player making the most of her opportunity is Bridget Carleton. Granted, it was NY, but her and Lexie both had very strong games last night.
Actually Carleton started because Fowles didn’t play. Not Dangerfield.

NY, without Ionesco, is just a terrible team.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
I did forget about Sims coming back. The earliest she can play is 8/13. She might come off the bench For a few games. Being a short season, she might be the scorer off the bench for the season.

Any way you look at it Sims will get big minutes.

Kamaria McDaniel is a transfer from Penn State. Baylor commit.

Penn State: Kamaria McDaniel 5-10 G.. 1st Team All Big 10. Averaged 20 PPG, 4.1 RPG and 3.1 AST. 2nd in scoring in the Big Ten will have 1 year remaining.

the outcome at Texas Tech is that the Athletic Director had to first cover himself for not following up for two years. Similar to almost every other example of young adults in university sports. Penn State is the first recent example which has now grown to double digits. As a reader I believe the article in a national newspaper brought action that otherwise had been covered up.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
BUbear - you lived thru the initial denial throughout Baylor Administration concerning issues raised by women. and then the ongoing denials, did it effect your opinions on your university?

Reactions: volnationnj
c86c7bd3-409e-4227-8f6b-0be13c973d04-png.57425

Great player. Stanford is loaded and reloading.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
From Baylor —-> Rutgers—> now Alexis Morris is at Texas A&M hopefully a third time is a charm!

she should be a junior... i wonder if she will have to sit out ?EA6D6C81-EDCD-4A76-8A38-49047B5F679E.png

Last edited:
BUbear - you lived thru the initial denial throughout Baylor Administration concerning issues raised by women. and then the ongoing denials, did it effect your opinions on your university?
I'm still waiting on the Feds, Texas Rangers or NCAA to find something that isn't there...any damn thing.

VN Store

Back