Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And both won Netional ROY and Lisa Leslie awards. You don’t do that by just setting screens. BTW, have toy watched the pros? They all have to set screens so that’s a good skillset to have.

What is your explanation?

I do not buy the argument to give her a few more years to recruit top five talent. New coaches, particularly at formerly elite programs with pros like Candace, have a window to sell where they are headed. After, it becomes what you have done there. She needs to be heavily involved with at least a couple of elite players in 2022 or it’s a big red flag. I also get that’s harder than settling but if we can’t get it done, we need better recruiters.

Last edited:
Yea, agreed. i think we need to be in on some of the top prospects too. but i really feel like the 2021 class is pretty good but they seem selfless and from their interviews and their playing from vids they seem like they want to do whatever to win and other players will be attracted to that
Pretty good don’t cut it in big time womens basketball at Tennessee. Let us all hope we will improve over pretty good to great soon. Love Kellie, wish her great success, jury still out.

Pretty good don’t cut it in big time womens basketball at Tennessee. Let us all hope we will improve over pretty good to great soon. Love Kellie, wish her great success, jury still out.

well vics pretty good got him to upper echelon because they worked hard.

i’ll take pretty good, hard working , level headed kids instead of heart break of losing kids to fighting, disciplinary rules, etc.

i realize where WE ARE. while i want to get back to where we were i know that will take some time.

While i’m not settling for pretty good we got beat by REALLY BAD teams LOL ...

cheers!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The only reason Dangerfield started is because Lexi Brown did not play. Banham has played much better and should have started. She was more efficient in half as many minutes. IMO Crystal is too small for the W. She won’t be able to get into the paint like she did in college against AAC teams. She has trouble getting her shot off over the taller perimeter defenders in the W. I don’t see her playing more than 2 seasons at this level. If she can get to where she can shoot like Leilani Mitchell she might have a chance. Over hyped IMO just like Nurse and Hartley. Have never been impressed with either of them. Hartley is playing well this year but there are many better players who can’t even get on a roster. UCONN name carries them a long way.

I think this season will open a lot of eyes with lots of different players getting an opportunity.
Completely agree.

well vics pretty good got him to upper echelon because they worked hard.

i’ll take pretty good, hard working , level headed kids instead of heart break of losing kids to fighting, disciplinary rules, etc.

i realize where WE ARE. while i want to get back to where we were i know that will take some time.

While i’m not settling for pretty good we got beat by REALLY BAD teams LOL ...

cheers!
You’re so right. Vic turned an “okay” hardworking team into a title contender.
We had excellent recruiting classes under Holly and you see where that got us. I’ll take selfless, hard workers any day of the week.

Are you referring to just KJH because she's only been on the job for a couple years in that she shouldn't be on any top five rated recruits or new coaches in general? ND has a new coach and they are on the list.
But Niele (STL made) was only away for a year, if you don’t think she had a pre-existing relationship with these kids, you’re sadly mistaken. You also have to remember, these kids grew up watching UConn, ND, SC, and Baylor dominate. They have a leg up on us, just in name recognition alone.

You’re so right. Vic turned an “okay” hardworking team into a title contender.
We had excellent recruiting classes under Holly and you see where that got us. I’ll take selfless, hard workers any day of the week.

And a coach who expects your best,,,not one who asks for it

When Holly first took over, my wife and I went to a LV function and I expressed my concerns about Holly's lack of offensive ball coaching abilities to a lady seated next to me...She lit into me like a banshee.
tenor.gif

Reactions: mcannon1 and T.J.
When Holly first took over, my wife and I went to a LV function and I expressed my concerns about Holly's lack of offensive ball coaching abilities to a lady seated next to me...She lit into me like a banshee.
tenor.gif

I am still feeling the repercussions from being so vocal about her firing.

I was approached to summer coach one of the veteran players from one of the parents of a present player (Not one of the new players!).....The parent and I felt good about moving forward to asking the player....Once the parent asked her player-child, it was an immediate negated by the player.

Back to square one...sigh

Reactions: GameTime and T.J.
I do not buy the argument to give her a few more years to recruit top five talent. New coaches, particularly at formerly elite programs with pros like Candace, have a window to sell where they are headed. After, it becomes what you have done there. She needs to be heavily involved with at least a couple of elite players in 2022 or it’s a big red flag. I also get that’s harder than settling but if we can’t get it done, we need better recruiters.

This. How many "next years" do people think this program has to get it done? Kellie has picked up some decent role players, but this lineup is suddenly going to look a lot less scary once Davis leaves...

This. How many "next years" do people think this program has to get it done? Kellie has picked up some decent role players, but this lineup is suddenly going to look a lot less scary once Davis leaves...
Have you seen them play as a TEAM. You have no idea how good or bad they will be as a team.

Have you seen them play as a TEAM. You have no idea how good or bad they will be as a team.

just ignore the troll he/she got ignored for awhile and disappeared... their main purpose is to stir the pot and then likes to guise themselves as “where’s the lie” and twist certain facts to their liking while with holding the whole picture.

There are fans who can understand where we are without tearing down everything being built.

Last edited:
The only reason Dangerfield started is because Lexi Brown did not play. Banham has played much better and should have started. She was more efficient in half as many minutes. IMO Crystal is too small for the W. She won’t be able to get into the paint like she did in college against AAC teams. She has trouble getting her shot off over the taller perimeter defenders in the W. I don’t see her playing more than 2 seasons at this level. If she can get to where she can shoot like Leilani Mitchell she might have a chance. Over hyped IMO just like Nurse and Hartley. Have never been impressed with either of them. Hartley is playing well this year but there are many better players who can’t even get on a roster. UCONN name carries them a long way.

I think this season will open a lot of eyes with lots of different players getting an opportunity.

You may well be right about Dangerfield, but her coach has a different take on things.

Crystal Dangerfield is next UConn player to step up for Lynx

just ignore the troll he/she got ignored for awhile and disappeared... their main purpose is to stir the pot and then likes to guise themselves as “where’s the lie” and twist certain facts to their liking while with holding the whole picture.

There are fans who can understand where we are without tearing down everything being built.
Darthy didn't disappear because of being ignored. Darthy disappeared because there wasn't anything that could be twisted into a negative. Positive events are like garlic or sunshine to a vampire for old Darthy.

Darthy didn't disappear because of being ignored. Darthy disappeared because there wasn't anything that could be twisted into a negative. Positive events are like garlic or sunshine to a vampire for old Darthy.

ah gotcha gotcha ... better stop before he/she claims we are of their fan club... lol

Todays news is a USA today report on the toxic environment at Texas Tech women's basketball. once again strength coach, language and power and control. and the expected response from the Athletic Director and the President. Allmost a rewrite on last month's football program at Iowa, or ... redundant, redundant, the new-normal of college sports coaching is evolving.

VN Store

Back