Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She has a ways to go. Really good recruiting class for her first year...considering she just started 3 months ago and had to do a lot of work from Zoom or Facetime...but not on the level of SC's haul. Still a few players on the board though. I'd be shocked if Nikki isn't going hard after Hollingshead.

Not at the level of SC OR TN to be honest...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If that’s what you believe, then you believe that they would have beaten SC in the championship game had they gotten past Miss State. Can’t have it both ways...either hypotheticals are allowed or they’re not.
I don't know what would have happened in the game...and neither does anyone else. It's others who are making the "UCONN would have won" with nothing to back it up. UCONN would have not have been facing the same South Carolina team that lost during the regular season. They were much better during the tournament run. That is a fact....and it's a fact they won the national championship...the rest is speculation backed up by absolutely nothing but assumptions. You guys are sooooo jealous. I have always admired the Tennessee program and would never dis your program the way some of you guys want to do South Carolina. UCONN knocked you from your perch and dominated WCBB for a decade and you want to take a swipe at us...get real !

I don't know what would have happened in the game...and neither does anyone else. It's others who are making the "UCONN would have won" with nothing to back it up. UCONN would have not have been facing the same South Carolina team that lost during the regular season. They were much better during the tournament run. That is a fact....and it's a fact they won the national championship...the rest is speculation backed up by absolutely nothing but assumptions. You guys are sooooo jealous. I have always admired the Tennessee program and would never dis your program the way some of you guys want to do South Carolina. UCONN knocked you from your perch and dominated WCBB for a decade and you want to take a swipe at us...get real !
If you want someone to stroke your ego, you’re barking up the wrong tree. I truly have all the respect in the world for Dawn Staley. I’m a black woman and will always support black women, she has earned everything she has and I would NEVER take that from her. No one is dissing SC. You’re on an UT board and you’re shocked that people aren’t falling all over themselves to fawn over SC...give me a break.

Yeah, if you are looking for a fan club over here, you are lost. Turn around. Here, take your trophy with you:
BD1B6865-0F8C-4C11-8F8F-690B21A4C736.jpeg

Then you have a very simplistic way of thinking.
Dawn finally won a game against Geno after seven tries and all of sudden South Carolina is "owning" UConn just because you guys won the last game. Most South Carolina fans has been going around on various other teams boards acting like they are the national champions because they finished number one in the regular season polls and will probably have the number one or two ranked recruiting class of 2021.

It really isn't a fact that SC team was much better during the tournament run. The team was pretty much the same, decent but not great defensively and still an average perimeter shooting team. You barely beat a so-so Arizona team in the 2nd round at home, having to overcome a double digit deficit in the 2nd half to win by 3. You lucked out in the Sweet 16 playing an over-matched Quinnipiac team. All that mattered was the final score and you won the games you needed to win but the tournament run was not that impressive.

Yet that same year Tennessee lost in the 2nd round and has been a fringe Tournament team since then... I know y’all upset you won’t ever get back to where you once were but hating on another team is not it lol... The history books will say SC won that National championship so y’all might as well get over it...

Yet that same year Tennessee lost in the 2nd round and has been a fringe Tournament team since then... I know y’all upset you won’t ever get back to where you once were but hating on another team is not it lol... The history books will say SC won that National championship so y’all might as well get over it...

LOL call me when you have 8 national championships.

dyk what a chicken does when you knock them off their perch? fly off squawking their pinheads off.

It really isn't a fact that SC team was much better during the tournament run. The team was pretty much the same, decent but not great defensively and still an average perimeter shooting team. You barely beat a so-so Arizona team in the 2nd round at home, having to overcome a double digit deficit in the 2nd half to win by 3. You lucked out in the Sweet 16 playing an over-matched Quinnipiac team. All that mattered was the final score and you won the games you needed to win but the tournament run was not that impressive.
I know...national championships are not impressive....the 8 you guys had before WCBB was really even funded by other schools, mostly just an afterthought.....there was no competition to even deal with so...not impressive....see how silly that sounds ?

Never say never!!

I know...national championships are not impressive....the 8 you guys had before WCBB was really even funded by other schools, mostly just an afterthought.....there was no competition to even deal with so...not impressive....see how silly that sounds ?
not our fault that Tennessee actually cared about its women program and SC didnt care till yall started winning

If you want someone to stroke your ego, you’re barking up the wrong tree. I truly have all the respect in the world for Dawn Staley. I’m a black woman and will always support black women, she has earned everything she has and I would NEVER take that from her. No one is dissing SC. You’re on an UT board and you’re shocked that people aren’t falling all over themselves to fawn over SC...give me a break.
Fawning...lol...but don't trash the program. I have been a member here longer than most of the ones that are doing the smack talk. I have never seen anything like this. I usually just come and read up on the latest from the SEC. This place has turned hostile to the South Carolina fans...just because we now rule the SEC in women's basketball....nothing else....That's OK...not a problem...after all these years the fan base on here has gone from respective....to whatever it is now. Good luck....maybe you guys should just argue among yourselves until you get over it.

NO COMPETITION whattt ummm Chamique Holdsclaw played in 3 of those championships and Tamika Catchings played in one of them but yet People call both of them the Greatest Women Basketball players ever

Tamika Catchings is in the hall of fame and she has tons of WNBA and Collegiate records that probably wont ever be broken and btw she retired in 2016 sooooooo....

not our fault that Tennessee actually cared about its women program and SC didnt care till yall started winning
It was a national thing...not just South Carolina....the entire WCBB was underfunded and Tennessee wasn't....so it was a cake walk to those titles.

Not as silly (or incomprehensible) as your post. Your....posting....style.....looks.....familiar.

I was responding to your claim that SC was "much better during the tournament run." That simply wasn't true. The team was different without Coates, but not better. SC was a #1 seed that barely escaped the 2nd round at home.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back