Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

In my opinion we can beat anybody we play!
Including SC and the connies
In typical coach j fashion, you didn't answer the question. I didn't ask you if we could. I asked your opinion if we will.. For a long time I thought you were just being obtuse.
But I've come to the realization that you're just an _____.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I can. I don’t believe they will all play all 4 years at SC. It’s not going to be easy keeping all of those kids happy, especially since they’re used to be stars.

Pretty sure they know the circumstance of what playing time will be before they committed. Dawn is blunt with her players you work hard and you play. As far as playing time goes she’s had a 10 player rotation before and no doubt that will be the case in 2021-22.

If Kellie could have managed to land Key they might have had a chance, now forget it. Playing for second...

Too bad your whole post is irrelevant because she is a 2021 grad and this is about 20-21 news. So she wouldn’t have been playing for a chance this year anyways 🙄 if you’re going to make a dig at the team at least attempt to make it an intelligent one

I can. I don’t believe they will all play all 4 years at SC. It’s not going to be easy keeping all of those kids happy, especially since they’re used to be stars.
They are all stars out of the gate...they remain stars through their whole careers. UCONN didn't have a mass exodus of stars and Dawn won't either. They all know the system...they all know they will get close equal time on the court. Her second teams play as many minutes as her first team and on some nights more. The entire country saw what this team did with our bench last year...and even the year Aja was a freshman, Aja was second team and played a lot. They want to win...and play. That's what Dawn knows and what she strives to do. These kids are not committing thinking they will play every minute. These girls have fun on and off the court. That's the secret....having fun and winning.

In my opinion we can beat anybody we play!
Including SC and the connies
You may say that using the "on any given night" stance....but be realistic. Kellie is just starting her second year. The fans are going to ratchet up their expectations too early and that's not fair to her or the program she is trying to build. She has to build it from the ground up her way. She is going to be dealing with a mix bag of Kellie/Holly players for at least two more years. Give her a chance before you start the "her and her team can beat anyone". It's going to happen...but not next year and maybe not for two more years...but it will happen.

Reactions: Tyree02
You may say that using the "on any given night" stance....but be realistic. Kellie is just starting her second year. The fans are going to ratchet up their expectations too early and that's not fair to her or the program she is trying to build. She has to build it from the ground up her way. She is going to be dealing with a mix bag of Kellie/Holly players for at least two more years. Give her a chance before you start the "her and her team can beat anyone". It's going to happen...but not next year and maybe not for two more years...but it will happen.

I’m still trying to figure out was it you or @SCspur that said they didn’t see why Johnson would come there when Key was more of a priority and had a need for her position and versatileness...

EDITED: It was you “ Johnson would be a surprise. I think Dawn has enough guards and another wing player would make more sense. I think either Key or Hollingshead would make more sense....but...I have been wrong many times in my life“

So how do you feel about the pick up now? Like there is still a whole that needs to be fillled? Just curious.

Very good point about giving KJH time to build back up a program!

Pretty sure they know the circumstance of what playing time will be before they committed. Dawn is blunt with her players you work hard and you play. As far as playing time goes she’s had a 10 player rotation before and no doubt that will be the case in 2021-22.
Sure they do, and everyone believes they’ll be the one getting the minutes...until they’re not. It’s not a shot at Dawn (love her), her staff or the program. These kids these days are different and with the possibility of the change of the transfer rule...just wait.

I understand expectations will be high because it is Tennessee. My expectations are reasonable 4 the program. I expect us to have as good a record as we had last year or slightly better. The Improvement I expect to see is that we win a game or two that we were not expected to win and continue to win the games were supposed to win. That will show growth to me. As well I expect to see coaching growth timeouts taken in their appropriate instance, serving with purpose, things like that.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Too bad your whole post is irrelevant because she is a 2021 grad and this is about 20-21 news. So she wouldn’t have been playing for a chance this year anyways 🙄 if you’re going to make a dig at the team at least attempt to make it an intelligent one
Not irrelevant at all. He was answering a specific question on winning over the next four years. That would certainly include Key’s class for three of those years.

Sure they do, and everyone believes they’ll be the one getting the minutes...until they’re not. It’s not a shot at Dawn (love her), her staff or the program. These kids these days are different and with the possibility of the change of the transfer rule...just wait.

Who don’t you see playing time for? By the time they’re sophomores the 21’ class will have an abundance of minutes with Saxton, Henderson, Littleton, and Wesolek all gone. Not sure why you already think these kids will leave what will likely be a top 3 team throughout their career all because they had to sit a little their freshman year....

Who don’t you see playing time for? By the time they’re sophomores the 21’ class will have an abundance of minutes with Saxton, Henderson, Littleton, and Wesolek all gone. Not sure why you already think these kids will leave what will likely be a top 3 team throughout their career all because they had to sit a little their freshman year....

Bold statement... Nice!

I’m still trying to figure out was it you or @SCspur that said they didn’t see why Johnson would come there when Key was more of a priority and had a need for her position and versatileness...

EDITED: It was you “ Johnson would be a surprise. I think Dawn has enough guards and another wing player would make more sense. I think either Key or Hollingshead would make more sense....but...I have been wrong many times in my life“

So how do you feel about the pick up now? Like there is still a whole that needs to be fillled? Just curious.

Very good point about giving KJH time to build back up a program!
It was me...I mean she is a great player and I am glad she chose us. I just thought we needed another wing player or another post player but someone pointed out she was a true point guard so I can see the need in this class for her. With two available slots in 2022 the wing and post players can be addressed before the real need arises....

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I understand expectations will be high because it is Tennessee. My expectations are reasonable 4 the program. I expect us to have as good a record as we had last year or slightly better. The Improvement I expect to see is that we win a game or two that we were not expected to win and continue to win the games were supposed to win. That will show growth to me. As well I expect to see coaching growth timeouts taken in their appropriate instance, serving with purpose, things like that.
True...but that will not translate this quickly into a level to beat the top tier teams on a consistent bases. That is all I was saying. The home court advantage could make some more talented team falter but on a whole the program is not there yet. Tennessee is still behind some programs in the SEC as well as the national level. Holly gave Kellie a mixed bag to deal with and she has handled it well so far...but it's still not "her" team in the true sense.

Not irrelevant at all. He was answering a specific question on winning over the next four years. That would certainly include Key’s class for three of those years.

NO, he was taking a dig at the fact we didn’t get Key. Which is all good in my book because while it sucks I want players who want to give their all. Key is a REALLY good player but the fact he constantly keeps taking subtle digs at our recruits gets tiresome. Having Key MIGHT have helped but I’m not gonna say we are playing for second because we didn’t get her. That’s like saying anybody who doesn’t land Azzi is playing for a runner up spot. It’s asinine... they are really good players for sure but nobody is playing for second they all play for first.

So while you may give him, her, it a pass the LV are MY team and I can be objective and I appreciate the criticisms from other posters because there is truth in it.

So again, the post was really irrelevant. Say what you want, I will say what I want, and if you don’t like what I say you can block me. I’m not a sunshine pumper either and can deal with differing points of views. Anyone can state what they want in here but it doesn’t protect them from others speaking on it just as you did my post...

Idk what rock you’ve been hiding under but it happens all of the time now, kids leave. Not sure why you think SC is or will be immune to it.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back