Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Which would make her a 10th grader for the 19-20 school year. Depending on her school district and when they finish she could still be a sophomore or she could have advanced to be a junior. In VA we have some school districts that finished up and some that won’t finish until next week.
I was confirming the "I think" in the post.....yes...10th grade...2022.

I was confirming the "I think" in the post.....yes...10th grade...2022.

I got it. But I was saying in some cases some of these kids maybe considered 10th graders while others in the same class have gotten their “congrats you’ve advanced to the next grade” letters/emails. Wasn’t arguing or disagreeing just explaining for those who cared or are in different situations.

Reactions: superfly
I don't understand why anyone would choose Kentucky for four years of their life. Lexington is not a fun city. Mitchell is always middle of the road in the conference. Their gym sucks. Guess I am just not informed when it comes to KY.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I don't understand why anyone would choose Kentucky for four years of their life. Lexington is not a fun city. Mitchell is always middle of the road in the conference. Their gym sucks. Guess I am just not informed when it comes to KY.
Agreed. Why would anyone want to win.

Reactions: glv98
It's good to have more competition in the SEC. Maybe they'll replace our rivalry with MSU.

ehhh, I honestly think they’ll both be competing for second place. And regardless of the outcomes Kentucky will always be a rivalry game with SC. But I really like the talent both has accumulated and I expect the SEC to be much better overall these next couple of seasons.

UK will become more of a rivalry game when the SEC championship is on the line but that hasn't happened yet. With MSU it's been four out of the last five years.

Reactions: SCspur
Let's think about who that supporting cast was: Bashaara Graves, Jaime Nared, Te'a Cooper, Jordan Reynolds, Alexa Middleton...plus a bunch of other kids ranked in the top 100. That's another 5 All Americans, including an additional 3 consensus top 10 recruits to go with Mercedes and Diamond.

The supporting cast was not the problem. Diamond and Mercedes was not the problem. The problem was that Holly was their coach.

A little late to this topic. But I agree with some others on most of this argument about coaching and complementary players being essential. However, the best teams have one or two elite players (top 3-5). That’s what separates UConn and more recently SC. If this staff can break thru with one or two soon, we could get back to national relevance and it gets easier to recruit.

Reactions: mcannon1
A little late to this topic. But I agree with some others on most of this argument about coaching and complementary players being essential. However, the best teams have one or two elite players (top 3-5). That’s what separates UConn and more recently SC. If this staff can break thru with one or two soon, we could get back to national relevance and it gets easier to recruit.
I think Mississippi State essentially had this in their second year of going to the NCAA championship. They had two elite players in Victoria Vivians and Teaira McCowan, and then a solid supporting cast in Morgan William, Roshunda Johnson, and Blair Schaefer. It'll be interesting to see if the staff can develop anyone on the roster/future roster into one of those elite players. Horston sure does have the potential for that.

200.gif

Fugitive from justice.

Goes by alias Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

Has been known to pal around with law enforcement and use fake i.d.s. If encountered, do not...I repeat, do not...approach without backup. He is known to have two desperate accomplices.

VN Store

Back