Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Wonder how many are scratching their heads on that one? ;)

If not using phone, I might have thrown in a pic from Stargate, Doctor Who, Time Tunnel, or The City on the Edge of Forever just in case.

I hear there's a dominant post player in 3022 class. Molly Morlock.

gule says she's already committed to UCONN, but you know how he likes to tease on those announcements.

UConn Commit Aaliyah Edwards All-Canada Player of the Year
EUTZjoaXYAM61SA

Reactions: mcannon1
Carter headed to the WNBA

I think this levels things out a bit next season. I believe UT and Kentucky are returning the two best players in Howard and Davis. I expect S.C. to potentially have some growing pains without Harris and KiKi. They have a ton of talent coming back, but an AA PG like Harris is always a big loss.

I felt A&M was probably the strongest team coming back. They will still be tough, but not the same without Carter.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I think this levels things out a bit next season. I believe UT and Kentucky are returning the two best players in Howard and Davis. I expect S.C. to potentially have some growing pains without Harris and KiKi. They have a ton of talent coming back, but an AA PG like Harris is always a big loss.

I felt A&M was probably the strongest team coming back. They will still be tough, but not the same without Carter.

SC will be fine with Destanni Henderson at point. #1 pg in the 2018 class and everyone will see why as soon as next year.

How was A&M the strongest team coming back after they finished 4th in the league? Even with Carter they weren’t going to win next year.

SC will be fine with Destanni Henderson at point. #1 pg in the 2018 class and everyone will see why as soon as next year.

How was A&M the strongest team coming back after they finished 4th in the league? Even with Carter they weren’t going to win next year.

As I said, plenty of talent coming back. It’s not the same when you’re losing an AA PG who was your senior leader. Those will be big shoes for Henderson to fill, I’m sure she’s capable.

With the graduation of Harris and HH I felt A&M had the best returning starting 5 and I would still believe that if Carter weren’t entering the draft.

I also believe they would have finished higher this season if Carter had not missed 7 games.

She was pretty inconsistent in her 23 minutes per game. No doubt she had a few games that were pretty good, but she would need to make a good size jump to come close to impacting the team like Harris did.

Reactions: VolBall09
She was pretty inconsistent in her 23 minutes per game. No doubt she had a few games that were pretty good, but she would need to make a good size jump to come close to impacting the team like Harris did.

I think we are all missing the fact that they lost Herbert Harrigan who did more than the box scores showed. I think she was the glue player and allowed for some defensive mistakes not to be exposed. Victoria Saxson could possible step up but I think the transition from a 4 year starting PG and a versatile Herbert Herrigan will be felt.

Jayla Hemingway is transferring from Mississippi State. She was the Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year in 2019.
Not surprising. She's a good player that will make many programs happy, but they have sooooo many good wings. MSST is loaded at every position 😳

I think we are all missing the fact that they lost Herbert Harrigan who did more than the box scores showed. I think she was the glue player and allowed for some defensive mistakes not to be exposed. Victoria Saxson could possible step up but I think the transition from a 4 year starting PG and a versatile Herbert Herrigan will be felt.
I agree totally about Herbert Harrigan. She had a great senior season.

Big losses for South Carolina, but they do have great talent coming back. Only one player in their incoming freshman class.

Do they have any red shirts or transfers coming in?

I agree totally about Herbert Harrigan. She had a great senior season.

Big losses for South Carolina, but they do have great talent coming back. Only one player in their incoming freshman class.

Do they have any red shirts or transfers coming in?

Littleton from Texas at SG. Was a big time scorer in HS, but did not impress at Texas. We'll see if the change in school revives her game.

I'm sure Dawn will go shopping in the portal...probably for a backup center. Her and Vic will be fighting hard over whoever ends up being the standout post prize.

Littleton from Texas at SG. Was a big time scorer in HS, but did not impress at Texas. We'll see if the change in school revives her game.

I'm sure Dawn will go shopping in the portal...probably for a backup center. Her and Vic will be fighting hard over whoever ends up being the standout post prize.
Oh yeah, Littleton.

Very underwhelming at Texas.

As I said, plenty of talent coming back. It’s not the same when you’re losing an AA PG who was your senior leader. Those will be big shoes for Henderson to fill, I’m sure she’s capable.

With the graduation of Harris and HH I felt A&M had the best returning starting 5 and I would still believe that if Carter weren’t entering the draft.

I also believe they would have finished higher this season if Carter had not missed 7 games.
There are players on the bench for us who are better than the 4 returning for A&M when excluding Carter (to make 4). Amihere was the No.1 high school player before her injury....Lele is a great player...Saxon....Henderson...come on. Next years team will be even better than this years team with all the freshmen having a year under their collective belts. Henderson played better than Harris at times. She is way more than capable....we will be a beast next year....

VN Store

Back