Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I could see it. She was one of his top targets in the class of 2019 besides Rickea, and he missed on Kamilla Cardoso. Vic has generally done a terrific job of developing post players as well.

She surprisingly only averaged 2.7 PPG and 2.3 RPG, which is disappointing for a top-15 recruit on a team where she wasn't behind an elite post player. She was very impressive playing for the USA U18 team, but the competition level is not always great for the America tournaments, when USA is facing Mexico, Colombia, etc.

Maori has a very different game than Key, and she would be an intriguing addition for Kellie and the staff because she is a far more explosive athlete than Key, Saunders, or Kushkituah.

Then why did she play so little ? and let`s keep it real

Then why did she play so little ? and let`s keep it real
That’s what I’ve been wondering. It isn’t like she was playing back up to an elite center. In fact, she was battling for a starting spot with a senior that averaged 2.2 PPG and 1.8 RPG as a junior.

Perhaps her skill set didn’t translate to the P5 level as anticipated, or perhaps she wasn’t as far along the development curve as was expected.

Regardless, she still has a high ceiling and lots of potential.

That’s what I’ve been wondering. It isn’t like she was playing back up to an elite center. In fact, she was battling for a starting spot with a senior that averaged 2.2 PPG and 1.8 RPG as a junior.

Perhaps her skill set didn’t translate to the P5 level as anticipated, or perhaps she wasn’t as far along the development curve as was expected.

I watched her game and she was far different from when I saw her played with the USA team.

You are correct she has a high ceiling and lots of potential but has a long way to get there might need better coaching you think.

Lauren Hansen (5-8 FR guard, Long Island, NY) has announced that she is entering her name into the transfer portal. For the Auburn WBB team during 2019-20, she played in 25 games, starting 20 and averaging 7.9 PPG in 24.3 MPG.

Lauren Hansen (5-8 FR guard, Long Island, NY) has announced that she is entering her name into the transfer portal. For the Auburn WBB team during 2019-20, she played in 25 games, starting 20 and averaging 7.9 PPG in 24.3 MPG.
Add two more CB362116-5E0C-46B4-9815-AAB2B76B03A8.jpeg

She had some injuries/concussion issues right? But I recall she looked pretty good when she did play.

Big blow for them losing essentially all their guard play. Will likely be Flos last season there unless she can get a good transfer.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Bigger question is what's going on at Auburn...?
Maybe inevitable after the year they had and the temptation of the portal? But I'm kind of surprised, I thought that coach had done a great job keeping them together and they had actually improved by the end of the season. Tough blow for her.

Last edited:
How bout that Auburn...
A3wj.gif

Reactions: krichunaka
She had some injuries/concussion issues right? But I recall she looked pretty good when she did play.

Big blow for them losing essentially all their guard play. Will likely be Flos last season there unless she can get a good transfer.
Man, that would take a good transfer with an enormous I and Only I Can Save the Program complex! Talk about a big fish in a small pond. Realistically maybe she can get a middlin to decent transfer or two

Reactions: VolBall09
In college playing against AAC competition, not against the best players in the world.

There is no shortage of college stars who couldn't find a place in the WNBA. Considering the depth of quality wings in the league and coming in, I don't think Walker makes an opening day roster.
It’ll be really hard

Her sister is now on the ND coaching staff, that might of changed things for her.

Be like jumping outta the frying pan and into the fire. Sister or not, I don’t think I’d want to put myself in the middle of the ND mess right now.

Maybe they will bounce back next season, but they were plum terrible most of the year this season.

DiJonai Carrington (5-11 SR wing, San Diego, CA) has entered her name into the transfer portal, per sources; grad transfer from Stanford WBB who sat out most of 2019-20 with an injury; started every game the previous year, averaging 14 PPG and 7.5 RPG

DiJonai Carrington (5-11 SR wing, San Diego, CA) has entered her name into the transfer portal, per sources; grad transfer from Stanford WBB who sat out most of 2019-20 with an injury; started every game the previous year, averaging 14 PPG and 7.5 RPG

She is a wonderful, tough player. She has struggled with injuries, but when she’s able to play she is tough to stop. Best wishes to her, if she’s healthy she will be an excellent addition to some program.

another Auburn player in the portal—Natalie Kelly (6-3 SO forward, Albany, LA) That makes 6 Auburn WBB players from 2019-20 roster either in the portal or having already transferred. If all in the portal go, that would leave 8 returnees with no 2020 commits.

Shakira Austin and Olivia Owens (both from Univ. of Maryland) have entered the transfer portal. Austin was the starting forward and set the school's freshman blocks record, Owens sat out the year due to injury. Both with three years of eligibility left

another Auburn player in the portal—Natalie Kelly (6-3 SO forward, Albany, LA) That makes 6 Auburn WBB players from 2019-20 roster either in the portal or having already transferred. If all in the portal go, that would leave 8 returnees with no 2020 commits.

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. Not good news for them. Must have had some culture problems there this season. If that many players are leaving I would think the university is potentially considering a coaching change.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Assuming that the new rule on transfers is not applied next season and excluding grad transfers, I wonder how many of these transfers get immediate eligibility for some reason.

VN Store

Back