Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

An Auburn fan was just giving the refs HELL. He is so right though. That Cameron Inouye is the worst. The games she officiates always take forever. She goes to the monitor every 2 minutes and spends at least 5 minutes there.

MS is also a young team and they have been turning the ball over quite a bit lately, but not like TN.
It must be eating Vic up to not have a dominate defensive team.

Last edited:
I would love to see this:
1. A list of the names of 5-star players Holly signed
1. A list of the names of the 5-star players Holly signed that stayed at Tennessee for their entire length of eligibility (didn’t leave early, transfer or get dismissed)
Ask and ye shall receive;
1582292973148.png

Last edited:
Hayes is not currently on the roster. We need someone like Hayes to break down the defenses of other teams.
We have a Hayes on the roster, her name is Rae. The bull in the china shop throw up a prayer player who makes one bad play for every good play. I never thought Hayes was very good, and I think Rae has more of an upside and potential to eventually be more than that head down drive and everything else be damned player.

We have a Hayes on the roster, her name is Rae. The bull in the china shop throw up a prayer player who makes one bad play for every good play. I never thought Hayes was very good, and I think Rae has more of an upside and potential to eventually be more than that head down drive and everything else be damned player.
Disagree. Not even playing the same position. We need a point guard like Arkansas that pushes tempo and breaks down a defense. Rae's role and the PG role is vastly different.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Disagree. Not even playing the same position. We need a point guard like Arkansas that pushes tempo and breaks down a defense. Rae's role and the PG role is vastly different.
I realize their positions and roles are different. I'm just saying one wild pony is enough. Totally agree we need a tempo pusher and defense breaker at PG, I just never thought Hayes was truly that.

I wonder if Jaz could become that tempo pusher we need. Her improvement over the last offseason was incredible and she is still young. Could tempo pushing and becoming more of an offensive threat be this offseason's goal for her?

Or what if JH ever actually became the slasher, defense breaker down, and offensive threat we hope and dream of? Could that, coupled with the solid, steady ball handling of JM (except last night, where she had a very uncharacteristic 4 t.o.s) be a decent guard combo?

Obviously, we need quality depth at guard also, as well as at every other position.

Last edited:
I realize their positions and roles are different. I'm just saying one wild pony is enough. Totally agree we need a tempo pusher and defense breaker at PG, I just never thought Hayes was that.
She was a freshman. She could have gotten better. Maybe?

Maybe, we'll never know. Freshman developing into better players was not exactly a thing then, or sadly, apparently right now. Also, I think there may have been too much family and off court drama going on to make it worth the wait.

She hasn’t. She is a very similar player at MTSU to her freshman year at UT. High volume, low percentage and more turnovers than assists on the season. She is their leading scorer but has taken significantly more shots than anyone on the team.

38% from the floor, 21% from 3 and 62% from the line. Her speed defensively would have helped us, but she likely wouldn’t have made our PG woes on offense any better.

Reactions: glv98
If I were a UConn or Tennnssee fan, this would remind me of the concern we both should about Walker and Davis.
Well Satou is projected as a top 4 pick, not sure that either Walker or Davis would be top 10 picks. I’d be more concerned about them being grad transfers. Idk about Walker but I know Davis will have graduated.

Well Satou is projected as a top 4 pick, not sure that either Walker or Davis would be top 10 picks. I’d be more concerned about them being grad transfers. Idk about Walker but I know Davis will have graduated.
Could be wrong, but I do not see Davis leaving for the WNBA or leaving as a graduate transfer.

I just wonder if Baylor will pick up another grad transfer like Jackson and Tea Cooper. They both developed really well under Mulkey.

Is there a graduate point guard out there. We could use another true point.

Hayes didn't just transfer, she got booted from the school for policy violations --- also, Cooper left after the infamous fistfight with a teammate

Could be wrong, but I do not see Davis leaving for the WNBA or leaving as a graduate transfer.

I just wonder if Baylor will pick up another grad transfer like Jackson and Tea Cooper. They both developed really well under Mulkey.

Is there a graduate point guard out there. We could use another true point.
I don’t see Re leaving either. She appears to love UT and this program. I hope to goodness she stays.

So strange how Karen and Holly’s coaching and roller coaster teams are similar.
Kim helped her as much as possible. Helped her get the jobs at UNCC and UNT, although Karen got Mulkey in trouble with the NCAA. Once Aston got the job at Texas she said there is a new "sheriff" in town. Kim crushed her 😂😂😂

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back