Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Every title Geno has won happened when he had the best player in the country. Bird, Taurasi, Moore, Stewart. He hasn't had that since Stewart graduated.
Except for 2000., I don't think Sue Bird was the best player in the country. So you're saying Geno can coach good players into being great? Yeah, Lots of schools get a top high school player but they never win a NC or if they do they only win one. All of Geno's transcendent players are great over multiple years.. But 12 consecutive final fours indicate the man's ability to coach players up.

If you don't understand the role Dave Hart played in all of this then you are just clueless. You don't believe it, then fine. That's on you. Dave Hart being hired is one of the worst things that ever happened in Knoxville. He not only sucked at his job, he was an arrogant ass.

No I don't understand the role that Hart played in South Carolina's rise in WCBB under Staley, which you intimated. Staley was already at USC during Summitt's coaching tenure, and was already building the program upwards. Mulky at Baylor, McGraw at ND, VanDerveer at Stanford, Auriemma at Connecticut were all at those programs for years during Summitt's tenure, and are still there now. THEY don't seem to have stalled Dawn Staley from building up the program at South Carolina, and they all have a direct means of doing so. Why do you think Dave Hart of all people should be given credit for this? Was he previously employed in the South Carolina Athletic Department when Staley was hired??

No I don't understand the role that Hart played in South Carolina's rise in WCBB under Staley, which you intimated. Staley was already at USC during Summitt's coaching tenure, and was already building the program upwards. Mulky at Baylor, McGraw at ND, VanDerveer at Stanford, Auriemma at Connecticut were all at those programs for years during Summitt's tenure, and are still there now. THEY don't seem to have stalled Dawn Staley from building up the program at South Carolina, and they all have a direct means of doing so. Why do you think Dave Hart of all people should be given credit for this? Was he previously employed in the South Carolina Athletic Department when Staley was hired??
Are you truly that dense? Hart dropped the ball and let the program slide from the top which means someone took it's place. All the coaches you named aren't in the SEC so.......... Hart nearly destroyed the program. We should have been battling SC toe to toe but no, they and Miss ST have taken the top from us. Hart just made it much easier for others to take our place. If you don't see it, then so be it.

Watching the presser for Harper she as well thought that the defense was horrible so I guess telling and players not doing is where most of the blame should go. Game 24 you been working with them and they still can't respond in games you get the feeling it want happen this year. Teams with high IQ's know what to do on defense to make the players they want to take the shots have to take them. We don't get that and I'm sure they have been coached and practiced and game planned on that. Certainly not down on Harper as the coach, but some of these players not getting any better and that is on them. Just need to finish the season out as best we can do some evaluations over the summer and hope players respond to what they are being taught with more time to understand it and get better. I'm posting this here because we saw tonight what has happened to the culture at Tennessee over the last several years. Many teams now have a much better program than we do because we decided to let it happen with coaching and AD that totally destroyed our elite status. Now that goes to UConn, Baylor, SC, Stanford and others as we have a long way back it appears.

Last edited:
He had plenty to do with where Tennessee is now not so much where SC is of course. The way he handled the Lady Vols program set it back several years and were in a total rebuild right now.

Watching the presser for Harper she as well thought that the defense was horrible so I guess telling and players not doing is where most of the blame should go. Game 24 you been working with them and they still can't respond in games you get the feeling it want happen this year. Teams with high IQ's know what to do on defense to make the players they want to take the shots have to take them. We don't get that and I'm sure they have been coached and practiced and game planned on that. Certainly not down on Harper as the coach, but some of these players not getting any better and that is on them. Just need to finish the season out as best we can do some evaluations over the summer and hope players respond to what they are being taught with more time to understand it and get better. I'm posting this here because we saw tonight what has happened to the culture at Tennessee over the last several years. Many teams now have a much better program than we do because we decided to let it happen with coaching and AD that totally destroyed our elite status. Now that goes to UConn, Baylor, SC, Stanford and others as we have a long way back it appears.
I agree with you. It's becoming more probable that the overall level of play won't change much until CKH has her own style of players on the roster. And that will take 3-4 years. Recruiting will be of paramount importance this year and next.

I agree with you. It's becoming more probable that the overall level of play won't change much until CKH has her own style of players on the roster. And that will take 3-4 years. Recruiting will be of paramount importance this year and next.

I agree with you to. But what is KJH style of players ? and will they be good in the SEC ? Dawn Staley said it best. I need size speed and length. Those are the type of players she go after.

I agree with you to. But what is KJH style of players ? and will they be good in the SEC ? Dawn Staley said it best. I need size speed and length. Those are the type of players she go after.
Very good questions. We will see
who she recruits this year and next. That will tell us how good a coach she will be here at UT.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I was impressed that Louisville won last night at NC State. They did get one of the starters back(Georgia Tech transfer) after playing with the Olympic team in her home country.

VN Store

Back