Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Lots of basketball to be played yet. I think the top teams play each other more SC will still have top teams, and OS plays lots of the top 5 teams yet, but Baylor only has Uconn as a possible future loss. So they want to keep the top teams interesting until the matchups. I think SC is going to be a tough team in March...I know OS is a favor but others do have a chance this year.

NCAA women's college basketball rankings: AP, Coaches, USA Today
Hats off to USCe but that was a hell of a drop (#2 to #7) for Baylor considering they did beat Indiana. The bright spots are that Mulkey does her best work when she feels disrespected and Lauren Cox will soon return to action.

I agree! It’s almost as if they don’t think SC is good the way they downplayed Baylor and their drop. Yes Cox is injured and didn’t play but their isn’t 6 or 7 teams better than Baylor or SC. As far as defense goes I feels those two along with Louisville are the best in the country and that will pay huge dividends in March. It’s still early so the true colors will come to the light because I think Oregon State, Stanford and UConn are all overrated.

I'd have SC and Baylor at 6 & 7 switch with UConn & Oregon State at 4 & 5, Miss State switch with MD, and Tennessee switch with Missouri State.

But I like the idea of unpredictable polls, feels like parity has arrived in women's ball.

I'd have SC and Baylor at 6 & 7 switch with UConn & Oregon State at 4 & 5, Miss State switch with MD, and Tennessee switch with Missouri State.

But I like the idea of unpredictable polls, feels like parity has arrived in women's ball.

I get so sick of the word parity being used year after year after year in WCBB. Every year it’s “parity has arrived” or “parity is coming.” I’d love for the word to be retired.

IZABELA NICOLETTI - a player (brazil via NC private school - was an exciting guard many of us "hoped" would attend TN. She since has had two knee injuries and will not play at Miami for the second year. one is tough two -terrible.

IZABELA NICOLETTI - a player (brazil via NC private school - was an exciting guard many of us "hoped" would attend TN. She since has had two knee injuries and will not play at Miami for the second year. one is tough two -terrible.

She wouldn’t anyway since she is on scholarship at Florida St. 😉

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Texas A&M loses by 17 to Florida State and Carter took 22 shots made 8. This is what I am hoping for when they play Tennessee. Like I said before the season started A&M is a hit or miss team depending on how Carter is playing cause she gonna take a lot of shots and eat up a lot of possessions so when she is inefficient the team will suffer.
aTm is the best example of a team that can be stopped with one lock down defender. Carter will get her shots. Just don't let her get to her best spots. A simple analysis of where she has the poorest percentages. Drive her to those spots and don't give her time to get set up. Make every player aware of how to help on her best moves and spots. Lastly a team effort on the defensive boards. Expect her to miss and everyone get a solid block out.

Good game BUBear. I do understand that Baylor will be a much tougher team when Cox returns though.
Everybody expects Cox to come back 100%. She is type 1 diabetic, healing is not diabetic's strong point. Her condition plagued many non diabetic players whom didn't recover fully in 1 season. Baylor will have to use her lightly for a long season. They will lose some games. She won't be at same level as last yr, it really is unrealistic to expect her too.

What will be the seating capacity?
If I remember correctly it will be around 10k and Baylor's new arena will be around 7.5k. Both schools decided to give up seating capacity for more luxury boxes and other amenities.

Texas will tear down the 15k Irwin Center and replace it with an on campus medical school and Baylor will build a Baylor Scott & White Hospital across I-35 from the Texas campus. Baylor is keeping the 10k Ferrell Center for Acrobatics & Tumbling, Volleyball and graduations.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustaChicken
Everybody expects Cox to come back 100%. She is type 1 diabetic, healing is not diabetic's strong point. Her condition plagued many non diabetic players whom didn't recover fully in 1 season. Baylor will have to use her lightly for a long season. They will lose some games. She won't be at same level as last yr, it really is unrealistic to expect her too.
I gave the post a like. I don't like the facts you gave and feel bad for the girl. But thanks for the info. I didn't remember the complications for healing are exacerbated by the diabetes

Reactions: krichunaka
I gave the post a like. I don't like the facts you gave and feel bad for the girl. But thanks for the info. I didn't remember the complications for healing are exacerbated by the diabetes

And, I've given you both a like. My father was a diabetic - an often terrifying disease, that, though more-manageable than decades past, is still a tough fate in life. Blessings to the great Baylor player, and thanks for the information, Chitownvol1129.

VN Store

Back