Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

LOL did you really just ask GULE why his off the wall comment will come to fruition😂 you know just as well as I do he is trying to stir the pot.

He may be on the Evina got CHW fired kick lol
I know. I’ve read him enough to get his style. Just eggin him on....lol.

Will Baylor even still be ranked # 1 by then as they got swept by Texas and set number 2 was a complete blow out (25-10) the other sets were both (25-19) which was closer but not nail biters. while I watch volleyball I don’t follow it hardcore so I don’t know how a loss like that to another top 4 team shakes up the rankings ?

No.4 Volleyball sweeps No.1 Baylor - University of Texas Athletics
DI Women's Volleyball Rankings - AVCA Coaches | NCAA.com

The whrons moved up to #1 and Baylor drops to #3 with Pitt sammiched between them

Texas struggles to 10 point win at home vs DII Champion Lubbock Christian. Sug Sutton and Joyner-Holmes sat out due to injury. Rumor is Joyner-Holmes could miss up to 2 1/2 months.

I know that Sug's cousin posts here so maybe she can post injury updates for us.

Texas struggles to 10 point win at home vs DII Champion Lubbock Christian. Sug Sutton and Joyner-Holmes sat out due to injury. Rumor is Joyner-Holmes could miss up to 2 1/2 months.

I know that Sug's cousin posts here so maybe she can post injury updates for us.
Hi! I’m cousin. She had a stress fracture over the summer and they kept her out for precautionary reasons more than anything. I’m not too sure about Joyner.

DeCosta to transfer portal looks like a few Baylor players may go there.

Interesting timing to announce two weeks before the season starts while the team is in pre season practices which she appears to have been going to. Sounds like falling out with Mulkey during preseason practices

Interesting timing to announce two weeks before the season starts while the team is in pre season practices which she appears to have been going to. Sounds like falling out with Mulkey during preseason practices
Probably about playing time might be down the depth chart and that makes some ready to move on.

I have no idea what, if any, problems exist for, or between, DeCosta and the coaching staff at Baylor. I do know that, from my limited observation of her during the USA Basketball play for the U-18 team, I really was hoping that she would choose Tennessee. She was a scorer more along the lines of Meighan Simmons, high volume for her production, but she was the Energizer Bunny when it came to defense and rebounding. I believe that she would fit right in with Kellie's preferred style of play. Rumor has it, however, that she may be headed back to the West Coast, to one of the California schools.

Jim

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I have no idea what, if any, problems exist for, or between, DeCosta and the coaching staff at Baylor. I do know that, from my limited observation of her during the USA Basketball play for the U-18 team, I really was hoping that she would choose Tennessee. She was a scorer more along the lines of Meighan Simmons, high volume for her production, but she was the Energizer Bunny when it came to defense and rebounding. I believe that she would fit right in with Kellie's preferred style of play. Rumor has it, however, that she may be headed back to the West Coast, to one of the California schools.

Jim
Just curious about the Baylor roster and they already have her off the roster online. They are down to 11 players and will be down to 7 with only one commit in Gusters. Does Treasure Hunt and Baylor still have mutual interest?

From what gathered is really has nothing to do with a falling out with the coaching staff but circumstances and playing time. DeCosta was transitioning from being a post player to the perimeter. She got a late start last season due to injury and thus didn't get that much game time. When you are transitioning you need game time to get experience, but due to her lack of experience Baylor just has too many players at the wing/guard positions for her to get the time that she needs to catch up. Whatever team she picks will probably need to have a spot for her at those positions. She certainly would not want to go to a team that would put her in the post because of need.

From what I heard on the Baylor site is that the four remaining players from the frosh class of last year were all suspended for a number of games for some reason. Probably something they all did together. That might have also influenced DeCosta's desire to transfer because she probably didn't want to miss important early games two seasons in a row.

VN Store

Back