Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

hD56ADB86
Leggo my ego

Don’t be cruel, we need to let Holly live in peace and quit throwing darts at her every chance we get.

You’re the one being cruel. A coach at a top school was let go. Surely other schools will pursue a coach of her expertise. Unless, of course, you don’t believe Holly is a smart hire.

I think it's a good move for Mimi to redshirt. Knowing that the emotional trauma of last season was bad enough to make her transfer, it'll probably do her good to have a full year to move past it and have a real fresh start.

I think it's a good move for Mimi to redshirt. Knowing that the emotional trauma of last season was bad enough to make her transfer, it'll probably do her good to have a full year to move past it and have a real fresh start.

Same would go for Evina then I would think... although not all athletes are the same if she was traumatized enough to leave AND injured I would think a year to heal would be good.

Reactions: lvocd

I think MiMi being traumatized is a little much . JMO
However, could you possibly imagine coach Freeze and MiMi discussions on what kind of a team Maryland will have THIS year ! And maybe they could have discussed how MiMi would best fit into the coaches plans to use her ? I believe the coach might have discussed some of these things.... maybe before MiMi decided to transfer ? JMO 🤔

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I think MiMi being traumatized is a little much . JMO
However, could you possibly imagine coach Freeze and MiMi discussions on what kind of a team Maryland will have THIS year ! And maybe they could have discussed how MiMi would best fit into the coaches plans to use her ? I believe the coach might have discussed some of these things.... maybe before MiMi decided to transfer ? JMO 🤔

Okay, I can agree that using the word "trauma" might have been too strong in regard to Mimi. She was deeply hurt and upset by what she felt was a gross mistreatment of Holly -- hurt enough to not want anything to do with the program anymore.

But I definitely think that Evina WAS traumatized and deserves a waiver.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Okay, I can agree that using the word "trauma" might have been too strong in regard to Mimi. She was deeply hurt and upset by what she felt was a gross mistreatment of Holly -- hurt enough to not want anything to do with the program anymore.

But I definitely think that Evina WAS traumatized and deserves a waiver.

And how was Evina traumatized? If anything, she traumatized fans by transferring to the Lady Vols’ arch rival.

And how was Evina traumatized? If anything, she traumatized fans by transferring to the Lady Vols’ arch rival.

Although I have a little bit of contempt for her going to the connies,,, I have the utmost respect for her pushing the envelope and waking up the UT administration. Evina put herself in a bad situation for the good of the organization and I applaud her for it.

Without her personal sacrifice, we may be under another year of ,,, "it's hard"

You must not have read any of the many extreme ugly -- including a few somewhat threatening -- comments that were spewed at her after she was cornered by that badger of a reporter. It was awful and, yes, frightening. I say it was frightening because *I* was actually frightened for her.

This is not a 45-year-old, beer swilling, tough construction worker who's used to rough talk we're discussing here. The extreme meanness from adult strangers was leveled at a 20-year-old young lady. Yes, that's traumatizing. Sure hope you weren't part of that mob.

You must not have read any of the many extreme ugly -- including a few somewhat threatening -- comments that were spewed at her after she was cornered by that badger of a reporter. It was awful and, yes, frightening. I say it was frightening because *I* was actually frightened for her.

This is not a 45-year-old, beer swilling, tough construction worker who's used to rough talk we're discussing here. The extreme meanness from adult strangers was leveled at a 20-year-old young lady. Yes, that's traumatizing. Sure hope you weren't part of that mob.

And here I am hoping you weren’t since you seem to know so much about it. Do you have any screenshots or links to the traumatizing comments? I’m sure it was much harsher than what other (male) college athletes endure on social media when they miss the game winner or transfer.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Usually or always when your recruiting coach is fired you get the waiver. She must have decided to not apply and sit out. I think if Evina applied she will get hers.

And here I am hoping you weren’t since you seem to know so much about it. Do you have any screenshots or links to the traumatizing comments? I’m sure it was much harsher than what other (male) college athletes endure on social media when they miss the game winner or transfer.

No, I didn’t make any screen shots. It never occurred to me to do that, but sure wish now that I had. I’m not exaggerating the level of verbal abuse, though. Maybe some other poster who saw some of what I did can back me up? Anyone?

Sarah Andrews and Hailey Van Lith will both visit Baylor together on the weekend of Halloween. I like the way that sounds.

Sarah Andrews and Hailey Van Lith will both visit Baylor together on the weekend of Halloween. I like the way that sounds.

Two 5’7” guards .... 🤔 both playing at same time? You can’t cover two 5’7” players on defense even in a zone ! But they are both rated top ten players ? 🤷‍♂️

Two 5’7” guards .... 🤔 both playing at same time? You can’t cover two 5’7” players on defense even in a zone ! But they are both rated top ten players ? 🤷‍♂️
You must forget when Mississippi State spent most of the season undefeated and embarrassed Tennessee starting three players generously listed 5-5, 5-7, and 5-7.

Reactions: mcannon1 and BUBear
You’re the one being cruel. A coach at a top school was let go. Surely other schools will pursue a coach of her expertise. Unless, of course, you don’t believe Holly is a smart hire.
I have to ask how is it being cruel by saying we should leave Holly alone instead of using her as a punching bag? I personally do not have an opinion weather Holly is or isn't a smart hire.I hope she does can get back into basketball, she has the love for the game. I actually think she more than likely could be an excellent assistant coach. Not every assistant coach in any sport has the skill set to be a head coach. That in and of itself is not a bad thing as look as one realizes their strengths and weaknesses.

I have to ask how is it being cruel by saying we should leave Holly alone instead of using her as a punching bag? I personally do not have an opinion weather Holly is or isn't a smart hire.I hope she does can get back into basketball, she has the love for the game. I actually think she more than likely could be an excellent assistant coach. Not every assistant coach in any sport has the skill set to be a head coach. That in and of itself is not a bad thing as look as one realizes their strengths and weaknesses.

I agree. But like I started saying years ago, Holly has lived the vast majority of her life in the Knoxville area and would likely find it extremely difficult to uproot herself to go somewhere new at this point in her life.

In time the wounds she’s nursing now will heal, and if she stays around Knoxville she’ll be a valuable asset to the community and university.

Reactions: teacherdean

VN Store

Back