Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Chloe Bibby has seemed to regress since her injuries. She is invincible when playing other elite teams.
It typically takes players at least one season to return to where they were after tearing an ACL. She returned extremely quickly. Vic had praised her as a gym rat and a hard worker. Wouldn't be surprised to see her return to sophomore form next season.

Reactions: krichunaka
Not that anyone cares, but I do enjoy having this thread to catch up on the news from fans of other programs. It's easy to simply NOT open the thread on days I'm not in the mood to hear from fans of other teams. Some days I care what's going on outside of LV Land, and sometimes I don't. So this thread is perfect.

That said, I have to say that I do often find myself wishing that fans of other teams who come here mostly to discuss/defend THEIR team, would restrict their input to within this thread only. Obviously there are times when certain issues/timely news stories/events are applicable to ALL of us as WCBB fans and, thus, all of those threads are enhanced by more voices. But, still, more often than not I'd personally prefer that people not 100% on board with Lady Vol basketball stay in the lane they've graciously been given to speak freely in, and not chiming in with endless butt-hurt defenses of their team in each and every thread they perceive as containing a comment even remotely insulting to their chosen program, taking EVERY opportunity to educate the unwashed Orange Heathen as to why they are silly not to appreciate their program as much as they do.

I actually like fans of other teams as long as they are fully respectful of the fact that every team's main public fan board is, first and foremost, a sanctuary for THAT program's fans to express themselves as they feel appropriate. Fan boards aren't meant to be equal for all who participate -- that's why their are names for board such as "VolNation." This board isn't named "EveryWCBBteamNation" for a reason. Guests posting on this board must try to accept the fact that they are in somebody else's house and try their best to behave as such -- meaning they should only give everyone else sh!t if they've been granted permission to do so...

And that's what the "Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2019-20" thread is meant to be: A permitted public space in which to speak freely and glowingly (or critically, if you choose) about YOUR program and any other program you feel the need to speak about. CT fans, you're welcome to use this thread to defend G.A's sorry @ss. South Carolina fans, please feel free to use this thread to discuss your fabu Gamecocks -- I love them, too! I really enjoy reading about other teams and their successes in recruiting and coaching, as well as interesting stories about individual players both inside and outside the SEC -- WITHIN THIS PARTICULAR THREAD. This thread was created FOR OTHER PROGRAMS' FANS to have a space to sound off as they please -- as long as they adhere to accepted societal standards.

GO LADY VOLS!

Last edited:
It typically takes players at least one season to return to where they were after tearing an ACL. She returned extremely quickly. Vic had praised her as a gym rat and a hard worker. Wouldn't be surprised to see her return to sophomore form next season.

Is she following Vic to Texas?

Also, does anyone think there's a chance that she may want to join up with fellow Aussie Jessie Rennie at Tennessee?

Is she following Vic to Texas?

Also, does anyone think there's a chance that she may want to join up with fellow Aussie Jessie Rennie at Tennessee?
If anyone has the Summitt annual subscription, Gene’s Page, the Mississippi State board, is very eventful if you’re bored.

Bibby was reportedly transferring before Vic left Mississippi State. She was going to fall too deep on the depth chart with Rickea Jackson and Sidney Cooks getting most of the time at the 3/4, Bibby’s main positions. Would she now decide to follow him if she sees an opening for minutes at Texas? Not sure, but it seems unlikely.

She was the lone player to publicly congratulate Vic who (per their 247 board) did not inform his players he was leaving, instead they were forced to find out via social media.

If anyone has the Summitt annual subscription, Gene’s Page, the Mississippi State board, is very eventful if you’re bored.

Bibby was reportedly transferring before Vic left Mississippi State. She was going to fall too deep on the depth chart with Rickea Jackson and Sidney Cooks getting most of the time at the 3/4, Bibby’s main positions. Would she now decide to follow him if she sees an opening for minutes at Texas? Not sure, but it seems unlikely.

She was the lone player to publicly congratulate Vic who (per their 247 board) did not inform his players he was leaving, instead they were forced to find out via social media.
I believe this is an unsubstantiated rumor that he didn't inform the players before the UT AD tweeted it out.

I believe this is an unsubstantiated rumor that he didn't inform the players before the UT AD tweeted it out.

Per MS ST's 247 board, it's true. Vic was heading back to Mississippi then planned to tell his players but that TX AD posted on social media before Vic's plane landed.

Per MS ST's 247 board, it's true. Vic was heading back to Mississippi then planned to tell his players but that TX AD posted on social media before Vic's plane landed.
Don't believe everything you read on a fan board.

The actual 247 journalist himself, Robbie Faulk, stepped in to clarify: "Vic did indeed notify players and recruits that he was leaving for Texas before that tweet hit social media. It was a few minutes before the tweet went out but they knew before everyone else nonetheless."

Don't believe everything you read on a fan board.

The actual 247 journalist himself, Robbie Faulk, stepped in to clarify: "Vic did indeed notify players and recruits that he was leaving for Texas before that tweet hit social media. It was a few minutes before the tweet went out but they knew before everyone else nonetheless."

I read Robbie's earlier post but found his more recent post:
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.14.20 PM.png

Reactions: wcbbfantalk
That’s a bad start and a bush league action by Texas AD.

Estella Moschkau is leaving Stanford as a grad transfer. She never played a ton of minutes there but she’s a dead eye three point shooter and a pretty good defender. She shot 60% from three in limited attempts. I believe she had some injuries that hampered her off and on. She was rated well out of HS FWIW.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Be on the watch for Grand Canyon to start making some noise! Very successful D-II coach Molly Miller is taking the reins. In six seasons at Drury her teams went 180-17 (.914). She holds the best winning percentage in all of college basketball, men’s or women’s, at any level (DI-DIII).

Honestly surprised a more well known program didn’t snap her up.

Attachments

• 2D0F0C9F-AA3D-490F-B52C-8942C216CCF3.jpeg
    2D0F0C9F-AA3D-490F-B52C-8942C216CCF3.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Be on the watch for Grand Canyon to start making some noise! Very successful D-II coach Molly Miller is taking the reins. In six seasons at Drury her teams went 180-17 (.914). She holds the best winning percentage in all of college basketball, men’s or women’s, at any level (DI-DIII).

We were half-seriously discussing her last spring when the Lady Vol vacancy came about. Mainly, we were slobbering over her photos. Could make a case for being the most physically-attractive coach in WCBB, and a snazzy dresser to boot.

She had an incredible, almost unbelievable run at Drury. We'll see how that translate to a new program. She could be a rising star...still very young. Some success at GC, and a bigger school may give her a shot in the future.

Why is Holly on the far end of the bench?

Reactions: VolBall09
Looking like Nikki McCray may be the new HC at Ms St... saw on Twitter that they may have their HC (the twitter user is an inside basketball person so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was true) and this was posted ... she started following their AD

Wow, so much going on! Can't tell ya'll how much I need this diversion.
That’s a bad start and a bush league action by Texas AD.
If Vic had to hurry a text to his players before the UT AD spilled the beans, that's indeed a bad start and bush league IMO. How long could the flight from Austin to Starkville be (besides the million cultural miles)? Texas AD couldn't wait till Vic could tell his team face to face? Did Vic agree to this? If this is what happened, it completely sucks. Inexcusable.
Why is Holly on the far end of the bench?
LOL, so much going on in this pic, besides the obvious. It does look like HW at the end of the bench! And why does the coach have a doppleganger sitting beside her? Stunt double? My fave tho is the look on the face of the large woman in the crowd behind hot coach. "Sit down skinny bitch!"
Looking like Nikki McCray may be the new HC at Ms St... saw on Twitter that they may have their HC (the twitter user is an inside basketball person so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was true) and this was posted ... she started following their AD
Good for her, hope its true. Always loved "the other Nikki". Perhaps Pat's greatest legacy is her mighty coaching tree, stronger than a hundred year old oak. I know she would be proud to have so many of her players coaching and asst coaching in the SEC.

VN Store

Back