Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

aTm is the best example of a team that can be stopped with one lock down defender. Carter will get her shots. Just don't let her get to her best spots. A simple analysis of where she has the poorest percentages. Drive her to those spots and don't give her time to get set up. Make every player aware of how to help on her best moves and spots. Lastly a team effort on the defensive boards. Expect her to miss and everyone get a solid block out.
3ighhp.jpg

A&M beat someone called the Sugar Bears tonight. Carter had 12 pts (4 of 12 shooting) and 9 assists.

Baylor 72 Georgia 38

WACO, Texas -- Queen Egbo had 20 points and 11 rebounds as No. 7 Baylor rebounded from its first loss in nearly a year with a 72-38 win over Georgia on Wednesday night.

NaLyssa Smith added 15 points and Te'a Cooper had her eighth consecutive double-figure scoring game with 11 points for Baylor, which extended its home winning streak to 45 games. The Lady Bears have also won 55 consecutive home games against non-conference teams since a loss to UConn in January 2014.

With Baylor playing its last game for two weeks, coach Kim Mulkey used all 10 of her available players. All but one played at least 13 minutes.

Lauren Cox DNP but she was no longer wearing the boot.

bearbone11 7:45p
I think Georgia could lose a game of HORSE against an empty gym.

Last edited:
We’re most of the out of conference games for Mo. State scheduled when KJH was coach? They have had a challenging OOC schedule.

That’s likely the case. Kellie is already talking about beefing up the Lady Vols’ schedule. But as DeerPark has mentioned, sometimes compiling the ideal schedule is easier discussed than done, as there are lots of factors involved that sometimes prevent it from happening.

I think we can rest assured that Kellie will be doing her best to make the first third of the season more competitive in the future.

Reactions: T.J. and Smallvol#1
Muffet McGraw's Notre Dame Lady Irish lost 75-67 to the Minnesota Lady Gophers and their record has fallen to 6-5

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
They will have a tough time in ACC play.
It's even possible that they'll miss the NCAA tournament. How many ACC teams will be taken ?
I think the best they will do is the WNIT Tournament. Here are the ACC Women's Basketball teams that i think will go to the NCAA Tournament

Louisville
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
FSU
Syracuse
Miami
NCSU

Reactions: volnationnj
I'd have SC and Baylor at 6 & 7 switch with UConn & Oregon State at 4 & 5, Miss State switch with MD, and Tennessee switch with Missouri State.

But I like the idea of unpredictable polls, feels like parity has arrived in women's ball.

Agree. But it seems like much of it’s bad. All stat lines down. Not good crisp fundamentals it seems. There seems to be a smaller group of top lev players spread over more teams

Even UConn’s stat’s seem off. Seems like the new normal so far this season

Meet Rayford Evans 👇👇👇

74594344_2463357567317529_7054418620979944650_n.jpg

Rayford is an employee of George's Bar (best chicken fried steak you ever had) in Waco who has served the Lady Bears on game days since 2002. Kim Mulkey made sure that Rayford received a 2019 National Championship Ring for his dedication and service to the program throughout the years.

Sic'em Rayford.

Seton Hall gave UCONN a run for their money. They had a 9 point lead at one time mainly due to UCONN foul trouble and no Dangerfield. The Huskies righted the ship in the second half and Seton Hall went brain dead for a while and ended up losing by 14. It's a crazy year for sure.

Every team has had a challenge this season from a lesser team and many have lost. Louisville losing to Ohio State brings them back down to earth after all the positives they had received. Ohio State lost by 15 to South Dakota and by 6 to Ohio. What we are seeing is parity starting to take shape in the women's game. There are a lot of teams that could win the title this season.

Every team has had a challenge this season from a lesser team and many have lost. Louisville losing to Ohio State brings them back down to earth after all the positives they had received. Ohio State lost by 15 to South Dakota and by 6 to Ohio. What we are seeing is parity starting to take shape in the women's game. There are a lot of teams that could win the title this season.

This is why I'm so excited about the overall game and this season

You've got to be kidding

I watched the game and a few others of Louisville. UofL is a very good finesse team, if you can make them play physical like Ohio State did, then you have a chance. Don't really see any team in the ACC doing that though so this may be their only loss until post season

VN Store

Back