Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
I'm still a novice in women's basketball until
I found volnation. Obviously you posters know
alot more about the other teams than I do.
I really like our SEC teams and can't wait until
KJH gets us competitive again.

We are competitive. I’m assuming you mean compete for national titles, as in make the final four?

Paradise Jam:

#1 Oregon 91 Texas-Arl. 54

#2 Baylor 77 #17 Indiana 62

#6 USCe vs Washington St

ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands -- DiDi Richards scored 20 points and No. 2 Baylor weathered a challenge from No. 17 Indiana for a 77-62 victory Friday night at the Paradise Jam tournament.

Queen Egbo had a double-double with 14 points and 14 rebounds, Te'a Cooper had 17 points along with nine assists, and Juicy Landrum added 10 for the Lady Bears (7-0) in their closest win of the season.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Near-future opponent heads up:

On Friday at 6:30 p.m. Texas will take on #12 N.C State in their first game of the Rainbow Wahine Classic in Hawaii. I don’t yet know if the game will be available to see live — I highly doubt it — but I’m hoping for at least a YouTube replay at some point.

This game is huge for Texas. They’ve struggled, but a win against the Pack could get them back on track. On Friday everyone will find out whether there has been any improvement since they dropped out of the polls, and for Tennessee’s sake, I hope they HAVE improved.

We really need for Texas to be at their best when they come to Knoxville on Dec. 8. If they come in confident and playing well after an upset victory over a well-coached, highly ranked team, Kellie will get a more accurate picture of HER team.

I feel strongly that the home game against Texas is a must-win for Tennessee, and that it will help our RPI much more if it comes after Texas just beat the Wolfpack. (Sorry, Wes!)
#12 NC State 84 Texas 73

Paradise Jam:

#5 USCe 68 Washington St 53

#2 Baylor and #5 USCe set to play tomorrow.

Paradise Jam:

#5 USCe 68 Washington St 53

#2 Baylor and #5 USCe set to play tomorrow.

Should be a good game if we go by the rankings. Curious as to if Lauren will play? I wouldn’t risk it but it would be a major win for either program.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
If UConn stays healthy the rest of the way the starting 5 is among the best, but a team with size and skill at the post position will give them problems(Baylor, Oregon, SC).The only starter that might foul out is Ono. The other 4 can play solid defense without fouling out.

Have to disagree. Starting 4 and then no more. The polish girl is too many games in to continue to say she is in a slump. She is slow and people blow by her. UConn’s defense this year in the couple games I’ve watched on ESPN3 is no where near as good as usual. Dangerfield is the only potential lock down defender and she plays in pain from her surgery.

Playing 5 against 4 is a huge advantage. I still think this is the time we get UConn. 1/23/20. Mark your calendar. Lady Vols +8

Reactions: mcannon1
Have to disagree. Starting 4 and then no more. The polish girl is too many games in to continue to say she is in a slump. She is slow and people blow by her. UConn’s defense this year in the couple games I’ve watched on ESPN3 is no where near as good as usual. Dangerfield is the only potential lock down defender and she plays in pain from her surgery.

Playing 5 against 4 is a huge advantage. I still think this is the time we get UConn. 1/23/20. Mark your calendar. Lady Vols +8

I’m afraid the Lady Vols may struggle to beat any Top 10-level opponents UNLESS they greatly improve their shooting from long distance. So far, even against far lesser opponents, they’ve only had one stellar three-point shooting game (against Notre Dame).

I’d love more than anyone could know for Tennessee to suddenly become consistently dangerous from Three Land. That would definitely be the best thing that could happen for this team. But until they do I will only be crossing my fingers and HOPING to steal the some wins over quality opponents, not counting on it.

FYI: If anyone would like to check out LVFL Alex Fuller Simmons’ Garner-Webb team taking on Furman, that game begins at 2 p.m. on ESPN+.

I always liked Shelbyville native Alex Fuller, and admired her so much for how she stuck around for a fifth year to play Team Mama to the Baby Vols. I always hated, mostly for Alex, that that team fell short of pre-season expectations.

At 3-1 her second year as a head coach is starting off well.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to check out the Runnin’ Bulldogs. They’re down 12 to Furman at the half, but it feels much, much worse than that. o_O

Can’t wait to go see Tennessee tomorrow! Hopefully they won’t play down to the competition and everyone will get to feel themselves scoring a lot of points.

No box score up yet, but a reporter noted Oregon was 6 for 34 from the three. That is a lot of three attempts.
It seems likely to me like the team that can hit threes consistently will be the eventual champion. Stone-cold shooting from outside is a confidence killer that seems too often to affect both ends of the floor. This is why I worry about Tennessee against the better shooting teams.

This young season is crazy so far! :eek:

Its possible #1 #2 #3 all go down today in womens basketball. Doubt thats ever happen, much less in November. Stanford and Miss St have yet to play just yet.

🙄😔😓

Coulda been a great night. #9 football beat Kansas 61-9 and #1 VB sweeps TCU to clinch the BIG XII Title. 😥

Texas and Baylor are co-champs which is Baylor’s first Big XII title congrats to the Lady Bears! Huge accomplishment.

Texas gets an automatic bye because of tie break rules...

I think Baylor will get favorable seeding ... their body of work was quite good

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back