Rickea Jackson
Jessika Carter
JaMya Mingo Young
Madison Hayes

POTENTIAL TRANSFER:
Aliyah Matharu
Xaria Wiggins
Myah Taylor (if the team gets gutted)

Yep, think that covers the whole roster, except for the last two players on the bench, who will be promoted to the centerpieces of the team.

Personally, I'd love to see Myah Taylor come to Tennessee...even more than Rickea.

Bring Madison Hayes home too... she would add to the bench depth and bring it up!

The SEC is strong need to get someone that can bring in the recruits, You can bring in any coach but if they can`t land the top players why hire them, Then you are back to square one.

Pretty sure Molly would be able to. She’s young, attractive and a great coach. A good combination for identifying with players. Likely has a modern coaching philosophy and approach which is attractive to kids these days.

I don’t think Auburn is an attractive enough athletics destination to bring in an already successful D1 coach. My guess is whoever they hire will be a relatively young and up and coming coaching.

Felicia Leggett Jack at Buffalo is also on my radar for that job. She threw her hat in the ring for a few jobs last year. May have just been trying to get a raise at Buffalo. She could be a great fit at Auburn and they would be dangerous. She’s also a great coach and seems to attract super talented under the radar prospects and makes them great scorers.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
My thinking is Wynn coming in the next class is better than any of those Chattanooga guards of the last three seasons. Not to impressed with Hayes suspect she is a better player than what she showed today. I think all we need is a three point shooter that can play defense as well as offense. The addition of Wynn and Miles along with some current players gives us all the speed we need on the perimeter. We need some three point shooters at least one 40 percent to go with Rae along with speed guards that can break down the defense and get them the open looks.

This was an easy call. If I were the AD at Vandy I would let White go there. I guess they want another year of SEC torture.

White gotta go too. She has no handle on her program.

Still don’t think MSST will make a move on McCray. Today was the cherry on top of their crap season though. They’re going to have a bunch of roster changes at the very least. Her players are not within her control. The little showdown with Mingo-Young and Pointer seemed to be Mingo-Young just losing her cool. Not a good look.

Pretty sure Molly would be able to. She’s young, attractive and a great coach. A good combination for identifying with players. Likely has a modern coaching philosophy and approach which is attractive to kids these days.

I don’t think Auburn is an attractive enough athletics destination to bring in an already successful D1 coach. My guess is whoever they hire will be a relatively young and up and coming coaching.

Felicia Leggett Jack at Buffalo is also on my radar for that job. She threw her hat in the ring for a few jobs last year. May have just been trying to get a raise at Buffalo. She could be a great fit at Auburn and they would be dangerous. She’s also a great coach and seems to attract super talented under the radar prospects and makes them great scorers.
Will be interesting to see who they get going to be a long rebuild Auburn will have to be patient.

I`m with you on Felicia Leggett Jack at Buffalo she can coach and i think she can will be able to get so good players to come and play for her.

White gotta go too. She has no handle on her program.

Still don’t think MSST will make a move on McCray. Today was the cherry on top of their crap season though. They’re going to have a bunch of roster changes at the very least. Her players are not within her control. The little showdown with Mingo-Young and Pointer seemed to be Mingo-Young just losing her cool. Not a good look.
No they are projected into the NCAA tourney with a 10 and 9 5 and 8 SEC record.

lol cant wait for the Jeff Walz to Auburn predictions
He will put his name out there and then look to Louisville to give him a little more money to stay. I'm not sure they will fall for it again Auburn never going to pay what Louisville is paying that guy. I suspect they are more in the 600 k pay range.

Bring Madison Hayes home too... she would add to the bench depth and bring it up!
Hayes plays hard, but she's raw. Still has time to develop, though. She was one of the few bright spots on the team.

I do wonder where the players will end up. LSU seems like a natural fit for Mingo Young, and I wonder if Jackson/Carter have already been making plans to "catch up" with Vic. If he got those two, then I can see Texas being the team to beat in the B12.

MSST is done. If they aren't a contender, then they don't have much to sell to recruits to come join them. I wouldn't be surprised if their incoming recruits change their minds. Straight to Coach Flo's cellar for the next two years until Nikki is given her walking papers

Kentucky can’t guard Smith. Either letting her go by and shoot wide open layups or inexplicably giving her about 10’ of space on the perimeter. She going to hit that almost every time.

Oregon State up on Oregon in the first half. They beat them pretty good today. We’re going to see some seed changes for the NCAA tournament for certain. Them losing would help us as I think we have a fairly similar resume with losses to ranked teams. Their recent loss to a couple unranked opponents really hurt them. PAC-12 is similar to the SEC this season though. Pretty tough conference top to bottom aside from a team or two at the very bottom.

Think we could see Washington State knock of #11 Arizona later as well. Wash St has a good team and has played well this season. Arizona hasn’t been playing as well of late.

Last edited:
I don't see MSST replacing her after one season unless there are extenuating circumstances. Replacing her tells potential coaching replacements volumes about who has their backs. I also don't think there will be a max exodus. Players don't like to lose on any level so reading and interpreting body language of a young woman athlete is high risk at best.

I don't see MSST replacing her after one season unless there are extenuating circumstances. Replacing her tells potential coaching replacements volumes about who has their backs. I also don't think there will be a max exodus. Players don't like to lose on any level so reading and interpreting body language of a young woman athlete is high risk at best.
I don't think they fire McCray this season either. But she will have her work cut out for her, because there will be player turnover announced shortly after their final game of the season...and it's going to be the more talented ones on the team. She will need to rebuild, and I think the odds are stacked against her because...well...it's Starkville. At that point, MSST won't want to pay her out since women's basketball will sink into oblivion and it will be like Vic Shaefer was never there.

Miss St, Auburn, Vandy, Ole Miss, and to some extent Bama are teams that will be on their way down next season. Ole Miss probably the best of the five but losing Austin and their point guards will be huge. Florida looks like a team headed for the top six or seven in the league next season. Missouri seems to be in good shaped to have a nice season as well. The other teams have to see who goes and who returns. SC will be in a class all by themselves unless a couple other teams get some top quality transfers to add to their returnees.

My prediction for departures from MSST:

GRADUATION:
Sidney Cooks
Yemiyah Morris
Caterrion Thompson

DEFINITE TRANSFER:
Rickea Jackson
Jessika Carter
JaMya Mingo Young
Madison Hayes

POTENTIAL TRANSFER:
Aliyah Matharu
Xaria Wiggins
Myah Taylor (if the team gets gutted)

Yep, think that covers the whole roster, except for the last two players on the bench, who will be promoted to the centerpieces of the team.

Personally, I'd love to see Myah Taylor come to Tennessee...even more than Rickea.

I haven't seen much of Myah's game. Is she their point guard?

VN Store

Back