Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I'm curious about Jantel's tweet. Is she wondering why OSU didn't sell a shirt with her name on it, or did she expect one gifted to her by the school in honor of her accomplishment? The latter I can see if there's a precedence for it with other student-athletes; if it's the former, I'm sorry Jantel...but who the hell would buy that :confused:?
she asked for a t-shirt and they said no

I'm curious about Jantel's tweet. Is she wondering why OSU didn't sell a shirt with her name on it, or did she expect one gifted to her by the school in honor of her accomplishment? The latter I can see if there's a precedence for it with other student-athletes; if it's the former, I'm sorry Jantel...but who the hell would buy that :confused:?

It’s the fact that she asked for a T-shirt from the athletics department and they said No because they kept count. i know for a fact other players get sent packages Kellie sent EX LVs got sent packages and kept in the loop

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think Joni is going to get it. I don't think she deserves it by a long shot; this should 100% go to Blair. But I can see her getting the votes to win it.

And sure enough, Joni gets the nod. There was zero chance that they were going to give it to Gary Blair no matter how impressive a season he had.

SEC Announces 2021 Women's Basketball Postseason Awards

"Georgia's Joni Taylor was named Coach of the Year. This is Taylor's first SEC Coach of the Year honor. "

There was zero chance that they were going to give it to Gary Blair no matter how impressive a season he had.
I must have missed something. Why was there zero chance?

And if we're overlooking the obvious and awarding someone who turned a program around how bout KJH? Georgia beat a top 5? (I know, they did beat us x2)

I didn't see the game, but I think that was the 5th foul on Charli, and it was quite a bogus call from what I heard.

I bet Rickea is watching this and thinking, "I wonder what it would take to get Nikki out of her chair?"

The 4th foul was a joke should have never been called, But the 5th foul was the correct call she pushed her in the back and she knew it.

Reactions: Amb3096
Reactions: djtee
If Vic really wanted to make an impression, he should have heaved a chair across the court.

Which is probably what Gary did when he found out Joni had gotten the award.

Funny thing is, if we had beaten GA, WV, and KY the rematch, Kellie would be a leading strong candidate for COY. Add Conn and she would've been a shoo-in.

If Vic really wanted to make an impression, he should have heaved a chair across the court.

Which is probably what Gary did when he found out Joni had gotten the award.

Funny thing is, if we had beaten GA, WV, and KY the rematch, Kellie would be a leading strong candidate for COY. Add Conn and she would've been a shoo-in.
Fun fact: Gary, Kellie and Dawn are the three SEC coaches on the Wooden List for COY. Joni is not on the list, surprisingly...

Arkansas has a ton of seniors. Wonder if any will come back next season? Several lost out on playing time over their career as the talent level increased there.

VN Store

Back