Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The difference between us and the other teams mentioned above is we are capable of laying an egg and losing in the 1st round.

Reactions: glv98
I don't know why people didn't expect that program to drop when Vic left. Coaching changes rarely produce overwhelming results in year 1. She deserves a chance to succeed but the fan base is not happy. Tough situation.

VIC is not even doing well at all with all the stars he has.

Reactions: djtee
I will agree with you on that,

Well here’s the thing TN hasn’t lost to anyone who has been outside of the NCAAs top 16 (first reveal). They beat the “cupcakes” during preseason and even though they struggled with Ole Miss and shook loose in FL those teams wouldn’t even be on our seed line. So while losing in the first round is possible and i know people are speaking from years past this team hasn’t lost to a lesser first round opponent of sorts. If they win out they will have continued that trend if they lose one of the last two games then i rescind my statement.

Kellie has been good with beating the teams she was supposed to beat i can give her that. Now she has to be dominant and consistent.

UConn beat SC head to head in Storrs in overtime (and only because SC couldn't hit 3 gimmes in the closing seconds). We beat SC in Knoxville in regulation.

Conn has played one top ten teams. We have played three. Other than in-and-out-of- the-rankings DePaul twice, Conn has played #1 (overtime home win), #15 (road loss), and #25 (final minute road win).

You seriously think that Conn has proved this year on the court that they have been tested in the way other teams like SC and Texas A&M have been tested? Most years they deserve to be in Top 1-3 slot, without question. What have they done this year that has been so impressive given their weak schedule?

Well, if you don't mind, I will respectfully disagree with some of your points.

In looking several times at the replay, I didn't think they just missed those "gimmes". They were well defended and the last one by Boston was missed due to fatigue. She was just too pooped to pop. And that might have been a big play, but so was the half court shot at the end of the first half.

Yes Tennessee beat South Carolina in Knoxville in regulation. Tennessee is definitely tough at home. I'm not sure what this means though in regards to UConn being a No. 1 seed.

Yes, Tennessee has played three top 10 teams, but they lost to two. Playing top teams helps your SOS but losing to them doesn't help your ratings or rankings.

The Rankings and Ratings don't weight the MOV that much when calculating their position. A win is mostly a win and a loss is a loss.

Well, even though it's not their strongest schedule, they led the NCAA in several offensive and defensive categories. And it took an extremely hot game by a Top 25 team on the road to beat them by 3 points.

Looking at the other teams with their loses I don't see how UConn is not a 1 seed.

NET - 1
AP - 1
Coach's poll - 1
Massey - 2

Now, I do agree with everyone else that there are several teams that can win it all. So excited about that. I'd definitely look out for Texas A&M and Baylor is always tought.

I just don't see a real favorite and that is FUN!!!

Last edited:
Watched Standford Arizona last night, I have notice after the back to back losses to Colorado and UCLA Tara has made a lineup change moved 6-4 fr Cameron Brink into the starting lineup in place of Belibi who now comes of the bench, Also Belibi minutes have been reduce.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Oh, I thought Tennessee beat SC...

🤔 well ya know when you’re determined to look for what you want to find 😂

and the close loss to UConn actually bumped us up in the NET ranking if i remember correctly...

If anyone watches those tourney shows they all have a column that says good wins and the other says bad losses. There wouldn’t be any bad losses so far...

Reactions: Rickster
Watched Standford Arizona last night, I have notice after the back to back losses to Colorado and UCLA Tara has made a lineup change moved 6-4 fr Cameron Brink into the starting lineup in place of Belibi who now comes of the bench, Also Belibi minutes have been reduce.

Yep. Brink has much more offensive game happening. Can score at all 3 levels and defends the paint very well for a freshman. Just needs to work on staying out of foul trouble.

Belibi is an incredible athlete but in terms of actual basketball she’s still pretty green. No outside shot and doesn’t have as many post moves as Brink.

🤔 well ya know when you’re determined to look for what you want to find 😂

and the close loss to UConn actually bumped us up in the NET ranking if i remember correctly...

If anyone watches those tourney shows they all have a column that says good wins and the other says bad losses. There wouldn’t be any bad losses so far...
I wan't trying to make Tennessee look bad, just trying to show that playing Top teams isn't enough, you have to beat them. The SC win was awesome and huge in their being in the fourth line of the seedings.

I just screwed up...lol. What can I say. I'm going to edit it.
I wan't trying to make Tennessee look bad, just trying to show that playing Top teams isn't enough, you have to beat them. The SC win was awesome and huge in their being in the fourth line of the seedings.
Oh hell you done gone and done it now! Here come the villagers with the pitchforks, or in our case, the Hillbillies with the shotguns acomin' to sker you off Yankee! Skeedadle varmit!

JK, Im your biggest defender. Please don't make it any harder lol.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Oh hell you done gone and done it now! Here come the villagers with the pitchforks, or in our case, the Hillbillies with the shotguns acomin' to sker you off Yankee! Skeedadle varmit!

JK, Im your biggest defender. Please don't make it any harder lol.
I'm old. The mind ain't what it used to be.

I'll try to do better....lol.

Reactions: glv98
I can see Miss St making a coaching change after just one season. I have to believe that Auburn will finally make a change as well. Even with their losing record and likely not to make the NCAA Tourney LSU probably stays with Caldwell. I don't see any other coaching change possibilities for the SEC.

Well, lookie here!!!! Rutgers enters the Top 25 at No. 25. WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!
I really miss the RU/UConn Big East game back in the day when CViv's team was right up there with UTenn as the team UConn fans loved to hate. The current WCBB Big East line up is not a whole lot better than the AAC.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back