Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think it will be a good game and I actually give us the edge. They were out rebounded by Vandy tonight and they have nowhere near the size we have. Nelson-Ododa will have her hands way full against us. If she gets in any sort of foul trouble they will be dead in the water. She’s going to be forced to play carefully against any team with significant size.

They have no bench and have to count on all 5 starters to score in double figures and stay out of foul trouble. They just don’t have that going on at all right now. Our bench was actually a huge difference maker in the ND game. Contributions from Kamera and KK were the difference in the game. I could picture a similar scenario against UCONN.

Williams and Walker are both better talents than anyone on Tennessee's roster. They have a significant edge at point guard with Dangerfield's experience. N-O has improved this season. I agree depth is probably their biggest weakness (which is why Geno is crying about EW), but in a single game the depth advantage is overrated. You can argue UConn isn't at the level they have been, but they're still a legitimate top 10 team and a title contender. Tennessee is neither...

Reactions: one2drew
Williams and Walker are both better talents than anyone on Tennessee's roster. They have a significant edge at point guard with Dangerfield's experience. N-O has improved this season. I agree depth is probably their biggest weakness (which is why Geno is crying about EW), but in a single game the depth advantage is overrated. You can argue UConn isn't at the level they have been, but they're still a legitimate top 10 team and a title contender. Tennessee is neither...
I’d take Rennia over Walker any day of the week. She hasn’t impressed me at all during her time at UConn. Depth does matter if injuries or fouls come into play. If their one big girl gets in foul trouble, it’ll be bad news for them. We have a very long way to go and I’m not rooting our horn too loud after the ND win because, well, they’re not very good. If you play with heart, anything can happen.

I’d take Rennia over Walker any day of the week.

That's great, but WNBA GM's won't. Unless Davis shows remarkable improvement and a much more consistent motor for the remainder of her college career, Walker will easily be picked ahead of her in the draft...

Missouri State beats Oklahoma 96-90 in Women's Preseason WNIT.

Lady Bears were down by 20 in 2nd quarter. They cut the lead to 12 at the half and then outscored OK 34-18 in tbe 3rd and 23-21 in 4th.

MO St is now 4-0 with 3 road wins coming against ranked Minn., a 2019 NCAA tournament team in Boise St., and a Big 12 opponent.

You know Kellie has to be proud of her former players. Congrats to Coach Mox who is excelling in her first year there.

MO St plays #7 Oregon State on Sunday in the championship game.

Missouri State moves to the Preseason WNIT Championship game against Oregon State with a 96-90 win at OU. Lady Bears were down as much as 20 in the first half. OU scored 37 in the 1st and then proceeded to score only 32 in the 2nd and 3rd combined. The Lady Bears have won 13 straight on the road.

Championship game is on CBS Sports Network on Sunday at 3:30pm CST

That's great, but WNBA GM's won't. Unless Davis shows remarkable improvement and a much more consistent motor for the remainder of her college career, Walker will easily be picked ahead of her in the draft...
A higher draft pick doesn’t equate to a better career...plus your original point didn’t talk about the WNBA. This my friend is what you would call a straw man argument.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Texas looks absolutely dreadful. We can definitely play with them, but Jordan and Re will definitely need to bring it that day. They both play a lot of young kids. I know for sure we won’t be out coached. Karen Aston is the worst. I’m sure her time in Austin will be over sooner rather than later.

A higher draft pick doesn’t equate to a better career...plus your original point didn’t talk about the WNBA. This my friend is what you would call a straw man argument.

My original point was about talent. Walker will be drafted ahead because she has more of it. If you put her on Tennessee's roster right now, she would be their best player. UConn is a top 10 team and Tennessee is nowhere close, because their top players are more talented. I don't know how else to simplify this...

Scores like that are disgraceful in my opinion.:rolleyes: If a team can beat another team like that they shouldn't be playing them!:mad:

I thought it was a good opportunity for Vic to rest his core players and play his end of bench extended minutes and see what they can do. IMO that's how cupcakes should be treated. Hopefully Kellie gets Tennessee to the point that Kamara, McCoy, Jessie and Saunders can play 15-20 in some of these soft OOC games and get some in-game experience.

If they are comparing stats they are taking Rennia Davis. She has been the much more consistent player thus far in their careers.

VN Store

Back