Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

They all went to Hamilton Heights and played for treasures mom on the AAU circuit together. Not saying that’s the reason but i’m sure it didn’t hurt either

Wouldn't hurt, but I highly doubt that the was the sole reason. Otherwise, why didn't they all just commit to the same school together?

If Jazmine was happy at UT, I doubt she would have left just because her friends were bugging her to play together.

Reactions: mcannon1
This is Mimi's second year playing. She redshirted last year.

My answer as to who I would pick depends if I needed a guard or a post. If you were to ask Maryland, they wouldn't trade Mimi for Rae given that they lack size and already have Angel Reese.

Agree that this is MiMi’s second year to play . If she never practiced any last year then Rae has a years experience on her !?!? It is still her third year in college but since this year is a free eligibility for all then she has three or four more years if she wants ?
I asked who would you choose ! Since neither one of us is going to tell Brenda who to choose it really doesn’t matter ?
You maybe right about MiMi starting at Maryland. If you take into account the swinging door their ! Maybe we should ask :

Shakira Austin
Taylor Mikesell
Olivia Owens
Destiny Slocum
Jenna Staiti
Josh Gillespie
No wait ..... they are not there anymore!

Maybe we should ask :
Bippy
Benzan
Since they just got there ! There is no telling who will play for her from one year to the next ?So ..... you are right 😁

Wouldn't hurt, but I highly doubt that the was the sole reason. Otherwise, why didn't they all just commit to the same school together?

If Jazmine was happy at UT, I doubt she would have left just because her friends were bugging her to play together.

stranger things have happened ... the world may never know 😃

They have made comments now stating that they wanted to play together and that’s why they all went to UK. The announcers were discussing it the other night on one of the SEC games. Can’t remember which.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They have made comments now stating that they wanted to play together and that’s why they all went to UK. The announcers were discussing it the other night on one of the SEC games. Can’t remember which.

Yes, Jazz, Treasure, and Rhyne Howard all played on the same AAU team together. They are all really close, but as someone mentioned, it's interesting that they didn't just originally plan to play together at the same school without the need for a transfer.

Reactions: Amb3096
Then you have two more AA’s ? Really?

MiMi # 49 ( A McDonald’s All American) ?

KK #57. ( A McDonald’s All American) ?

These games do not select the top 20 or 30 ranked players! They cannot play games with all guards or all wings ! Therefore, depending on the class .... they have to pick positions even if they are in the 40’s and 50’s ! Just Saying

Anyone who thinks that KK was an AA . I don’t see it ? JMO

Hoopgurlz is just one rating agency. Prospect Nations had MiMi Collins ranked #9 in her class, and she was a Naismith First Team All-American and a Top 5 Finalist for the Naismith HS POY. Those are not insignificant accolades. Kushkituah was #57 in Hoopgurlz, but she was #11 by Prospect Nation and #9 by ASGR.

Both of them were elite HS players. Let's not pretend that they weren't highly sought after players who would have had very different careers to date if they played for a real coach. Holly mishandled KK for 2 years; I bet if she played for Vic instead, no one would be questioning why she was a McD AA

Reactions: dapeak
Hoopgurlz is just one rating agency. Prospect Nations had MiMi Collins ranked #9 in her class, and she was a Naismith First Team All-American and a Top 5 Finalist for the Naismith HS POY. Those are not insignificant accolades. Kushkituah was #57 in Hoopgurlz, but she was #11 by Prospect Nation and #9 by ASGR.

Both of them were elite HS players. Let's not pretend that they weren't highly sought after players who would have had very different careers to date if they played for a real coach. Holly mishandled KK for 2 years; I bet if she played for Vic instead, no one would be questioning why she was a McD AA

Agree with your assessment of Vic and Holly as coaches . I am sure as soon as Brenda and Kelly finish coaching them for two years they both will have elite status again and have a wonderful professional basketball career ! 😈

South Carolina will be fine, but based on the games I’ve seen so far this year, Mississippi State is the team to beat. Everyone else has looked rusty for spurts and decent for others, but MsState had their act together from the get-go. Dawn is lucky those two teams don’t meet until Jan. 28.

South Carolina will be fine, but based on the games I’ve seen so far this year, Mississippi State is the team to beat. Everyone else has looked rusty for spurts and decent for others, but MsState had their act together from the get-go. Dawn is lucky those two teams don’t meet until Jan. 28.
15 seconds left SC is about to croak
cock-a-doodle-didn't

Yup and KY in a tight one also right now against KSU.

SC will figure it out... It was easier for them with Harris she just had intangibles and was basically Dawn on the floor. It gives Dawn tape to teach.

Lol are they still trying to pretend LeLe Grisset is a guard? She's useless unless she's right under the basket, and that includes FTs.

SC is good, but they are not nearly as good as they were last year. Not even close. They will get better, but their ceiling is definitely lower than last year and what it will be next year.

Lol are they still trying to pretend LeLe Grisset is a guard? She's useless unless she's right under the basket, and that includes FTs.

SC is good, but they are not nearly as good as they were last year. Not even close. They will get better, but their ceiling is definitely lower than last year and what it will be next year.

People on here were gunning for my head when i was saying that SC wouldn’t be the number 1 team all season because of the loss of Harris on the offensive end and her ability to direct traffic and Herrigan was an eraser on defense.

But hey ya know.. it is what it is LOL

The thing I was impressed about with MSST last night was how comfortable the players looked with a brand new offensive scheme. It looked like second nature to them.

I doubt SC will have a game where Cooke and Henderson both shoot as poorly as they did tonight.

i know you’re basing this off the incoming #1/2 class but Harris was a big deal for this team and if Henderson can be that type of PG great. But even with Johnson it will be an adjustment.

No, I agree. I'm just saying that SC's ceiling next year will be higher than it is this year. But I don't think either will be as good as last year's. They had all the right pieces.

Kentucky scores the last 11 points to beat Kansas State 60-49.

Elzy must feel good that even though UK stunk and Rhyme played horrendously, they had other players step up. Dre'una Edwards is exactly what UK was missing, leading thr team with 16 pts and 12 rbds.

Kellie inherited 7 McD AAs, plus players like Key and Burrell. 99% of coaches would have killed to be left with a roster like this that they didn't have to recruit.

Poor Kellie...

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back