Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Arkansas only has 5 assists on the day. Pitiful for a team that starts 4 elite guards. I’ll watch it later but can tell there was already too much one on one. Could be a trap they fall into this season. Slocum, Dungee and Ramirez can all have a tendency to play that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Also no LeLe Grissett today not sure why she is not playing

She’s a big role player for them. Her absence makes a difference against this team. Sjerven is no slouch in the post I’ve been watching her for a couple years and she’s flat tough inside. Especially on the defensive end.

She’s a big role player for them. Her absence makes a difference against this team. Sjerven is no slouch in the post I’ve been watching her for a couple years and she’s flat tough inside. Especially on the defensive end.

I agree Her absence makes a difference

Reactions: VolBall09
South Dakota is always tough. They catch people by surprise all the time. Several of the Dakota teams play great ball.
SD played SC relatively tough last time out, and SC was a better team then. But SC starting to pull away and is up 16 midway through the 3rd, and getting it done without Boston being much of a factor.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Oregon has picked up where they left off. Dropped 39 in the first quarter. Chavez appears to be the primary heir to Sabrina’s PG position. So far playing really well. They are stacked with excellent shooters.

SD played SC relatively tough last time out, and SC was a better team then. But SC starting to pull away and is up 16 midway through the 3rd, and getting it done without Boston being much of a factor.

I’ve watched parts of two of their games. Boston looks out of shape to me. I except her game to pick up but she doesn’t appear to have done much conditioning in the off season.

Looks like Lele came in during the 3rd quarter. SC didn't go deep in their bench in the first half it seems.

I’ve watched parts of two of their games. Boston looks out of shape to me. I except her game to pick up but she doesn’t appear to have done much conditioning in the off season.

I spoke too soon. She's starting to fill up the stat sheet. 6 pts, 7 rbds, 4 assts, 4 steals. Surprised that she has zero blocks.

I haven't seem them play this year, but Boston seemed a bit on the thicker side in general. Amihere seems to be their key player in the post today.

Interesting, wonder what that’s about.
Guessing because it was a tight game. Boston, Saxton and Beal were all in foul trouble in the 1st half, and Amihere, Russell and ?!?Wesolek?!? seemed to be as far down the bench as Dawn went. Surprised that Littleton and Grisset didn't come in until the 3rd quarter.

Henderson flirting with a double-double to become the 5th SC player to get one this season. And that's without much in the way of assists.

I spoke too soon. She's starting to fill up the stat sheet. 6 pts, 7 rbds, 4 assts, 4 steals. Surprised that she has zero blocks.

I haven't seem them play this year, but Boston seemed a bit on the thicker side in general. Amihere seems to be their key player in the post today.

I’ve been watching for a bit now and her feet just look heavy. She’s a talented player but she’s not moving any better than she did last season. She’s gotten beat by Sjerven on a couple basket cuts based off foot speed alone and Sjerven is no track star lol.

Guessing because it was a tight game. Boston, Saxton and Beal were all in foul trouble in the 1st half, and Amihere, Russell and ?!?Wesolek?!? seemed to be as far down the bench as Dawn went. Surprised that Littleton and Grisset didn't come in until the 3rd quarter.

I’m guessing that was a suspension of some kind.

Miksell just hit back to back to back 3s 7/8 in the first half from deep. An easy 21 pts. She maybe taken 4 dribbles. Having a Klay Thompson moment lol. She was built for the spread out Oregon offense. They are going to be dangerous again. Young but talented.

Give them all the excuses that they can get ok..lol

Oregon has picked up where they left off. Dropped 39 in the first quarter. Chavez appears to be the primary heir to Sabrina’s PG position. So far playing really well. They are stacked with excellent shooters.

Chavez can play watching now and the team put up 71 in the 1st half

Reactions: VolBall09
Chavez can play watching now and the team put up 71 in the 1st half

Yeah, it’s frightening to say it, but their offense looks possibly even better than last season. And they lost Ionescu, Satou, and Ruthy Hebard. It’s not like those were nobodies lol. Boley has been relegated to the block and she’s one of the best set shooters I’ve ever seen. That’s how many and how good their shooters are.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yeah, it’s frightening to say it, but their offense looks possibly even better than last season. And they lost Ionescu, Satou, and Ruthy Hebard. It’s not like those were nobodies lol. Boley has been relegated to the block and she’s one of the best set shooters I’ve ever seen. That’s how many and how good their shooters are.
Don't forget Sedona Prince. Combine a dominant inside presence with a sharpshooter like Mikesell, and they will be really hard to beat.

Miksell just hit back to back to back 3s 7/8 in the first half from deep. An easy 21 pts. She maybe taken 4 dribbles. Having a Klay Thompson moment lol. She was built for the spread out Oregon offense. They are going to be dangerous again. Young but talented.
How are you able to watch the game? Do you have the Pac 12 Network?

VN Store

Back