Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I'm not a whiner.

The only issue I have is the UConn discussion (Video) in our recruiting thread. If he wants to post that stuff, this is the thread to do it in. You would think having a moderator move his posts (fully intact no less) to this thread, on at least two different occasions, would clarify things.
There is a big difference between discussions about WCBB and posting UConn propaganda. I don’t care which thread. This is a LV board. I would not want a LV fan to go post a video about the LVs on the Boneyard. The UConn video was not showing a general love of WCBB. I can’t say for sure Need Orange’s motivation but if it wasn’t to rub our noses in it then it was surprisingly clueless post. I think Need Orange is pretty smart so........

Wiggins Commits To Michigan.

Ari Wiggins of Indianapolis, Indiana, gave her verbal commitment to Michigan today. The No. 12 player in the class is the first player in the 2021 class to commit to the Wolverines.

“I chose to attend University of Michigan because they are a global academic giant and school is always a priority for me,” Wiggins said. “The future of their basketball program is bright and I want to be apart of their growing legacy.”

Wiggins is a 5-foot-7 point guard who has competed at a high level nationally both with the Indy Gym Rats EYBL program and attending the BCS All-American Camp last summer.

Ari Wiggins
INDIANA, Class of 2021
POSITION/RANKPG / 4
HEIGHT5' 7"
COMMITTED TO
Player Videos
"Ari is dynamic and explosive, especially in the open floor with the ball, but it's her love to be coached, to be challenged, and to improve her game that separates her," Gym Rats 17U head coach Danny Riego said.

Michigan signed a strong four-player class in 2020 and Wiggins could be the point guard that ties it all together.

Wiggins Commits To Michigan.

Ari Wiggins of Indianapolis, Indiana, gave her verbal commitment to Michigan today. The No. 12 player in the class is the first player in the 2021 class to commit to the Wolverines.

“I chose to attend University of Michigan because they are a global academic giant and school is always a priority for me,” Wiggins said. “The future of their basketball program is bright and I want to be apart of their growing legacy.”

Wiggins is a 5-foot-7 point guard who has competed at a high level nationally both with the Indy Gym Rats EYBL program and attending the BCS All-American Camp last summer.

Ari Wiggins
INDIANA, Class of 2021
POSITION/RANKPG / 4
HEIGHT5' 7"
COMMITTED TO
Player Videos
"Ari is dynamic and explosive, especially in the open floor with the ball, but it's her love to be coached, to be challenged, and to improve her game that separates her," Gym Rats 17U head coach Danny Riego said.

Michigan signed a strong four-player class in 2020 and Wiggins could be the point guard that ties it all together.

Big get for Michigan

It was Gametime that posted the first mention specifically about UConn.

“When UConn signs Azzi....Conn!” With a Bill Shatner picture.

You did bring up Stewart as well.

And what I believe is a Tennessee fan posted a long post about UConn ’95.

That gave NeedOrange a chance to post the ‘95 video. That wasn’t necessary.

tumblr_mx1vtkd57p1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Perhaps only partially relevant - the baseball draft will have only five rounds but more important a cap of $100k for those recruited. And the "slot value" for last year would have all the early draftees starting at $7 million. And funding down for college sports - major impact on baseball scholarships or even having the sport. Summary: what does a high school student, or a college player (non-senior) decision to stay in school or go pro.

reason for posting - just another consequence re high school/college athletes with a dream living in 2020-??

It will suck, but I wouldn’t say lights out. You still have to play the games and just cause you land them, doesn’t mean you’ll keep them.

If Coach K is from the Coach Jumper school of basketball, she is thinking this...."I'll just build a better version of the one that didn't choose me and beat her with them!"
captain obvious microphone drop.gif

Hopefully the other one isn’t Key, although that is a rumor.

Key has yet to commit. I'm hearing its Rivers and someone else. I was thinking Bree Hall, but IDK.
My SC friends told me its not Key. They were right about Rivers so we'll see. Im just grateful we still have action with Key. I think she has to be our top target right now. Give me Key, Miles and Puckett to go along with Striplin and Wynn and Im satisfied.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Key has yet to commit. I'm hearing its Rivers and someone else. I was thinking Bree Hall, but IDK.
My SC friends told me its not Key. They were right about Rivers so we'll see. Im just grateful we still have action with Key. I think she has to be our top target right now. Give me Key, Miles and Puckett to go along with Striplin and Wynn and Im satisfied.

or maybe Wiggins,,?!

It’s likely that it was Sania Feagin from Georgia who also committed than Key. Dawn has been in Feagin very hard.

VN Store

Back