Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Shakira Austin and Olivia Owens (both from Univ. of Maryland) have entered the transfer portal. Austin was the starting forward and set the school's freshman blocks record, Owens sat out the year due to injury. Both with three years of eligibility left
Wow and they had a good year?

Or maybe hold on to our current players. It’s going to happen here to.

With which players? Who do you think is transferring ?

Looks like Austin wants to be more of a stretch 4 it seems per her dad... so why couldn’t she fit in here and we keep our other players. We lost Lou brown who fit that role. Karoline Striplin will fit that role but who else? This would make Key and Saunders are 5 players.

College women's basketball: Former Colonial Forge standout Austin to transfer from Maryland

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
With which players? Who do you think is transferring ?
I have no names no inside info just saying at the same time we fans are hoping that some of not all the kids in the Portal come here you have to know that some of ours may be pondering it.

”She played one season at JM and two at Colonial Forge before she finished her career at Riverdale Baptist, a private school in Upper Marlboro, Md.”

This would be three different high schools and two different universities in seven seasons....

That’s a lot of changes.....No, wait, it’s not!....No, wait, it is!...No, wait, it’s not!....No, wait, it is!...No, wait, it’s not!....No, wait, it is!...Oh, I can’t decide!....

Opening conversations that could disrupt the team or plant ideas into these kids are harmful to the program. It only suggest to players who become subject to those discussions, that we don't want them and want them to transfer.

It has been proven over and over that this site is read by players, staff, parents and potential recruits.
Use this power wisely.

Talking about picking up a transfer is one thing, but talking about any player or suggesting that it is being considered without factual based knowledge is another thing and could prove to be costly to our program.

If you're bored go work a puzzle!
If you start rumors or start topics that result in rumors, you jump into negavol status.

Opening conversations that could disrupt the team or plant ideas into these kids are harmful to the program. It only suggest to players who become subject to those discussions, that we don't want them and want them to transfer.

It has been proven over and over that this site is read by players, staff, parents and potential recruits.
Use this power wisely.

Talking about picking up a transfer is one thing, but talking about any player or suggesting that it is being considered without factual based knowledge is another thing and could prove to be costly to our program.

If you start rumors or start topics that result in rumors, you jump into negavol status.

Are you directing this at me?

Evina was "something to talk about" too

Lou and Kamera are finished. By the time she (whomever) is likely eligible, Kasi and Jaiden will also have graduated. Tess and Destiny are likely to play at two and three, and Karoline doesn't arrive for two seasons. Are you good with Burrell taking Rennia's spot, or do you see Rae and Karoline at four? It's natural and reasonable to discuss the possibility/probability that, regardless of the incoming 2021 freshmen, Coach Kellie will add at least one other player to the roster. So, rather than dismiss the idea, work with us here. Help a brother out.
Cheers, Coach!

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Lou and Kamera are finished. By the time she (whomever) is likely eligible, Kasi and Jaiden will also have graduated. Tess and Destiny are likely to play at two and three, and Karoline doesn't arrive for two seasons. Are you good with Burrell taking Rennia's spot, or do you see Rae and Karoline at four? It's natural and reasonable to discuss the possibility/probability that, regardless of the incoming 2021 freshmen, Coach Kellie will add at least one other player to the roster. So, rather than dismiss the idea, work with us here. Help a brother out.
Cheers, Coach!

Talk about potential future leaders are great conversation!

I'm not worried about talk about incoming transfers,,,I am more concerned about current players that have not expressed any interest in transferring, becoming subject matter without provocation.

Rumors are detrimental and can start out of innocent conversations.

I like hearing about potential transfers "TO" our organization,,,that is good conversation as it promotes good publicity for our org

No

More so at people who are just looking for something to talk about

Just checking... I def am not trying to have any hand in the discord we had previously seen. While the results on the court aren’t exactly what I would like to see you could tell the girls were having fun and seemed to respond better than before. That has a huge thing to do with the coaches and their intentional actions!

Just checking... I def am not trying to have any hand in the discord we had previously seen. While the results on the court aren’t exactly what I would like to see you could tell the girls were having fun and seemed to respond better than before. That has a huge thing to do with the coaches and their intentional actions!
I agree. And I am 100% behind Coach K. I believe she will bring this program back to where it used to be.

Don't be like that NBC reporter, Peter Alexander
Good grief
I don't recall seeing a reporter getting dressed down by a sitting president like that before. I mean he blistered him good. Politics aside, most reporters drive me crazy with their stupid questions and go over and over the same thing just rewording it a little. A lot of these reporters appear to be some of the dumbest humans on earth at times.

That meltdown yesterday was reminiscent of Jack Nicholson's character Colonel Jessup's meltdown on the stand in Few Good Men.

Auburn with a possible mass exodus of players.

South Plains College center Ruth Koang announced an oral commitment Friday to Alabama, which is coached by former Texas Tech coach Kristy Curry.

Koang, a 6-foot-5 sophomore from Rochester, New York, averaged 10.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game this season for South Plains.

The Lady Texans went 32-1 and were seeded No. 2 in the 24-team NJCAA Tournament before the event was canceled over coronavirus concerns.

Lady Texans coach Cayla Petree recently called Koang “probably the most sought-after (center) in the country” in the junior-college ranks. Petree said Koang also had scholarship offers from Florida, Houston, Oklahoma State, Texas and Kansas, among others.

The NCAA Division I regular signing period for basketball runs from April 15 through May 20.

Koang is the fourth member of this season’s South Plains team to land a spot in a power-five conference program. During the November early signing period, Lady Texans point guard Caroline Germond and center Channel Noah signed with TCU and shooting guard Sarah Shematsi signed with LSU.

Use this power wisely.

We can agree to disagree on this one. If a player gets the idea about transferring from a message board, I would be shocked.

These kids aren’t dummies.

I’m sure that Davis has been thinking long and hard about her future and nothing we say here will influence that decision.

We can agree to disagree on this one. If a player gets the idea about transferring from a message board, I would be shocked.

These kids aren’t dummies.

I’m sure that Davis has been thinking long and hard about her future and nothing we say here will influence that decision.

Some posters like to believe they have much more influence than they actually do. I believe it’s due to some type of complex.

VN Store

Back