Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

This is the best WBB forum out there....UCONN’s boneyard is ok, but not like this.

Thanks Rooster, I agree, this is a great community. One of the few places left where people can discuss women’s hoops without the conversation being dominated by UCONN Stats.

It seems many of the posters here a more...ummm....mature (old). Which probably helps.

My favorite thing about VolNation is you might get on here and hate someone’s guts all day one day. Go back and forth, disagree about every post...then two weeks later you realize you’re agreeing with and having a great convo with the same person lol.

I can’t be the only one?

This is the best WBB forum out there....UCONN’s boneyard is ok, but not like this.
Boneyard is ok. It's always very active and there are a ton of knowledgeable bball people over there with insightful things to say. It's the incessant and constant contest to outdo each other in their worshipping adn fawning of Gino that gets alittle much for me. Their general womens basketball board is pretty good

Reactions: mcannon1
It seems many of the posters here a more...ummm....mature (old). Which probably helps.

My favorite thing about VolNation is you might get on here and hate someone’s guts all day one day. Go back and forth, disagree about every post...then two weeks later you realize you’re agreeing with and having a great convo with the same person lol.

I can’t be the only one?

No, several of us also have such frequent senior moments in which we mutter angrily at ourselves before making up.

It's the alarmed glances from strangers at bus stops that is really aggravating.

Tennessee won the NCAA title with a record of 29 and 10. I don't think they rated recruits back then and sure some would have been rated five stars. Of course you need talented players to win the National Championship. The team that came the closest that I can remember was Mississippi State who had like two total five star players on their entire roster. They beat UConn but lost to SC in the title game. They didn't have a player ranked in the top ten but had two top fifty players.
Holdsclaw

Reactions: Volfan2012
Wow, obviously a huge loss for UConn. Don't think anyone saw this coming, and now I'm wondering if we should be worried about Davis...
I would be more surprised if Davis left and I do not feel she is ready to turn pro until after her senior season.

So strange no more men’s or women’s basketball.
The portal news will be about it until official visits are announced for recruits.

Reactions: travis929 and glv98
She wouldn’t play second fiddle to EW?

Well, that's kinda my worry with Davis. I'm not a team insider, and for all I know these players are best friends off the court, but it was obvious to anyone who followed the team that Davis was often visibly frustrated playing alongside Horston...

Well, that's kinda my worry with Davis. I'm not a team insider, and for all I know these players are best friends off the court, but it was obvious to anyone who followed the team that Davis was often visibly frustrated playing alongside Horston...
That is really not the vibe I get. More like team leader getting the youngsters in line. They also seem to really celebrate each other’s successes.
Just gut feel here, Davis for sure stays because she has a chance to play on a team that can make a big step forward next year. Think she might want to end her career really helping Lady Vols get back on track. Somewhere in the back of my mind, however, I think she had a number of college credits when she arrived on campus. Wonder if she will graduate this summer? Start grad school? I could be really wrong about that.

That is really not the vibe I get. More like team leader getting the youngsters in line. They also seem to really celebrate each other’s successes.
Just gut feel here, Davis for sure stays because she has a chance to play on a team that can make a big step forward next year. Think she might want to end her career really helping Lady Vols get back on track. Somewhere in the back of my mind, however, I think she had a number of college credits when she arrived on campus. Wonder if she will graduate this summer? Start grad school? I could be really wrong about that.

You are correct... she had an Associates Degree when she left high school she had 60 credits or so.

VN Store

Back