Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's precious! My favorite part, " I am here to talk basketball with other people who like basketball and this is usually a good board to talk basketball. It is not my desire to engage immature personal attacks like this has morphed." 😂😂😂

I know! I literally laughed out loud when I read that. And for the Husky Evangelist to admit that his hobby in (assumably) retirement is hanging out on other programs' fan boards all the time so that he can be always be there to defend his beloved team to accuse ME of being psychotic, nearly made me spew my coffee! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Oh my god.

I mean, if I truly were psychotic I'd go post on the Boneyard all day long and then get mad every time someone over there posted something about Tennessee I didn't like, and post Tennessee-positive videos and brag-post about Tennessee recruits.

His posts in this thread are so hilariously passive-aggressive that I do believe the old fella is sitting around actually feeling like he'd like to punch me in the nose. He wants to punch me in the nose for telling him that this is not the board to spend his retirement on patrolling for perceived insults to his favorite program. Here's the mental picture I get of him sitting at his keyboard: The corners of his mouth are turned downward, his eyes are glowing red, and his brow is furrowed. His imaginary cape is flapping in the wind behind him as he visualizes himself swooping into VolNation to right the wrongs done to his beloved Huskies, once again, saving them from the humiliation of another team's fans behaving EXACTLY AS OTHER TEAMS' FANS HAVE BEHAVED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF... WELL... TEAMS. lol

That he cannot understand how it can be incredibly annoying when rival fans to come to a rival's board, brag about their team and then get upset that the rival fans don't like it, is amazing to me. Despite the fact that I occasionally read the Boneyard, I have better manners than to go over there to hang out in order to post defensive diatribes about everything I perceive as being wrongly said about Tennessee. It's THEIR HOUSE. They get to say what they want. I do not have to like what they say. Yes, I could go over there and be like Needy and wear a "protect and defend" badge, but... I'm not that rude.

P.S. Another edit to say that I consider Needy and NewDog as interchangeable entities in the area of “annoying rival interlopers.” There probably aren’t as many videos/links pertaining to CT recruit Page Bueckers on the Boneyard as one or the other of those two have posted here! lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, NeedOrange. And, lest you think it's just a "Geno thing" and/or sour grapes (although I didn't care for his attitude when we had a 6-2 lead in NC), there are plenty of coaches who rub people the wrong way. I don't care much for Jeff Walz, for instance, and thought Lane Kiffin was acting like a jackass long before SoCal came calling. Calipari just seems sleazy.

I know some people here don't care for Mulkey, Staley, or McGraw, but none of them bother me...although I do agree that Dawn always looks like she has just whiffed a SBD.

Reactions: Bret178
Smallvol1 sighting! :) I was thinking you didn't like us no mores...….

Of course I like all of you all! Been out of the country a couple of times, connections spotty, and had a lot going on when we have been back. Plus it’s been sort of hateful in here recently😔, and you know I don’t like hateful.....but then every once in a while I slip and just have to gig a troll. I never defend you though...your troll gigging capabilities far exceed mine!😂😂
Have fun on your trip, love to mil, and I WANT MY WHITE HAT BACK!!!!!
@T_Vol376 tell him to give it back!

Note @lvocd, you would have to behave in the dog pound. They’re so fragile they don’t allow any negative posts about ucon, screen posts before allowing them to show etc. No way you could post compliments of the LVs, let alone a video. I only tried to post one time, years ago, and they would not let it show. What did I post? “Sometimes I can’t help but like you all.” It was in response to when Candace had to defend herself from a stalker and the dogs were actually saying she had a right to do so. But, yep, my post was too dangerous to be approved. Don’t know if it was the ‘you all’ or the intimation I did not always like them🤔🤔😂😂😂. After that I lost all interest in the site. Just not worth the effort, nothing ever on it but back patting, geno worshipping, and denigrating opposing teams.

Last edited:
Of course I like all of you all! Been out of the country a couple of times, connections spotty, and had a lot going on when we have been back. Plus it’s been sort of hateful in here recently😔, and you know I don’t like hateful.....but then every once in a while I slip and just have to gig a troll. I never defend you though...your troll gigging capabilities far exceed mine!😂😂
Have fun on your trip, love to mil, and I WANT MY WHITE HAT BACK!!!!!
@T_Vol376 tell him to give it back!

Note @lvocd, you would have to behave in the dog pound. They’re so fragile they don’t allow any negative posts about ucon, screen posts before allowing them to show etc. No way you could post compliments of the LVs, let alone a video. I only tried to post one time, years ago, and they would not let it show. What did I post? “Sometimes I can’t help but like you all.” It was in response to when Candace had to defend herself from a stalker and the dogs were actually saying she had a right to do so. But, yep, my post was too dangerous to be approved. Don’t know if it was the ‘you all’ or the intimation I did not always like them🤔🤔😂😂😂. After that I lost all interest in the site. Just not worth the effort, nothing ever on it but back patting, geno worshipping, and denigrating opposing teams.

You're right there Kiddo (And welcome back),,,,I went there to see how different it was and just to troll around and see how that sight differed....Talk about thin-skinned,,,sheesh

The dog-pound was more of a dog-ounce

PS,,,Not that white hat again...
;o)

Dawn has always been worthy. Some may not like her and I don't like her looking like she just smelled a fart all the time on the sidelines but she is a good coach. The sad thing is Dave Hart and the hiring of Holly as coach let South Carolina slip in and take our spot in the SEC. It's going to be a hard fought struggle for us to get our top spot back as long as Dawn is there but we will keep trying to get it back until we do. Congrats Gamecocks but Go Lady Vols!!!
Like you would have told Pat to shut up, you can't pick your successor. Time to stop picking on Holly, people like you, are as much at fault for Lady Vols slipping as Holly. It is not like Pat left team stacked, like Holly did. Holly had a hugely successful first season with what was largely seen as a hugely rebuilding year losing " The Baby Vols" .We suffered from dysfunction and a huge load of that came from social media turmoil.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Like you would have told Pat to shut up, you can't pick your successor. Time to stop picking on Holly, people like you, are as much at fault for Lady Vols slipping as Holly. It is not like Pat left team stacked, like Holly did. Holly had a hugely successful first season with what was largely seen as a hugely rebuilding year losing " The Baby Vols" .We suffered from dysfunction and a huge load of that came from social media turmoil.
Well, if you were on this board enough to know what is what, you would know I supported Holly and the team until near the end when it was obvious a change needed to be made and even then I never voiced an opinion she should have been fired. Secondly, I wouldn't have needed to tell Pat anything because she didn't pick her successor. It may be a shock to you but deal with it. I'm not picking on Holly at all. She was the coach so she has to own her record and everything that goes along with that. She had ample time to rebuild the team as you say it needed rebuilding but the further into her tenure we went, records of the kind you don't want to be set were being set. Now who is responsible for that? Not me. Not the janitor at TBA. Not the team managers. I believe that answer would be the head coach. She didn't get the job done. Period. End of story. It's now Kellie's turn. She will either get the job done or she won't and a change will be made. I will support her 100% until she either makes it or a change needs to be made. I can 100% guarantee you I had 0% to do with Holly's success's or her failures. Those are hers to own.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
I think everyone thought the logical choice to replace Pat was Holly....sometimes those things work out great...sometimes they don't. Holly wanted to win, she just didn't know how to do it her way in Pat's system. I think that may have been her biggest problem.

I think everyone thought the logical choice to replace Pat was Holly....sometimes those things work out great...sometimes they don't. Holly wanted to win, she just didn't know how to do it her way in Pat's system. I think that may have been her biggest problem.

Everyone? I never wanted Holly from the start and several fans expressed concerns. Just say you thought she would excel but please don’t say everyone because the hire was contentious from the start.

Reactions: mcannon1
Based on the way the events were unfolding around the departure of Pat, Holly was the logical choice....To me, the mistake was keeping Holly too long when it was painfully obvious she did not know offensive basketball. She is one hell of a nice woman, and did the best she could do.....
K0013057261-1251501.jpg

I always thought Nikki was the logical choice and Holly was the heart string choice.

Last edited:
I always though Nikki was the logical choice and Holly was the heart string choice.

At the time I thought that Nikki would be the choice, and that she’d likely ask Holly to join her staff to help ease the transition. At MOST Holly should only have been given a slightly longer-term interim position as the AD took his time searching for Pat’s replacement. Holly, with her easygoing personality and lifelong connection to Knoxville and UT, actually WAS a suitable short-term bridge between Pat and her successor, but Hart went ahead and rushed Holly into the job on a permanent basis.

VN Store

Back