Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

So looking around, I noticed LSU plays Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday, and LSU is the visitor. How did that happen, I know FGCU has become a fairly decent mid major in the last decade, didn't think they could host a major team though.
LSU just got clobbered by Oklahoma in their last game. Can they bounce back against a pretty good FGCU team??

The #17 MO State Lady Bears head to Spokane to take on the #18 Zags at 8pm CST on Friday the 20th.

If memory serves me correctly, the last time MSU was in Spokane they booked a trip to the 2001 Final Four (not against Gonzaga)

Two teams that match up very well against each other. Should be a hell of a game.

No bigger talk in Springfield than that of the Lady Bears right now. "It's Our STATE". Team added another goal for their season recently but it would take getting this monumental game.

Wish someone was picking up this game but with Bowl Season starting, I know why they don't.

Can't wait!!!

Nice, but isn't this the Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2019-20 thread???

F6E5DA6A-5CF6-4489-A835-757A08039456.png
It does fit. Think of the logo as a charter....or a blueprint. Tennessee is kinda the Kevin Bacon of women’s basketball. It does fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvocd
I seen in the news that ETSU PG Erica Haynes Overton is going into transfer portal. She scored +40 vs UT earlier this year. She has 2 years left. Would Lady Vols have any interest.

She is amazing sure hope that we'd be interested in her.

If she redshirts this year, next year she'd be a RS Jr. when Jazz is a Jr, Jordan is a Soph, and Zaay is a RS Soph. Plus Rennie, Darby, and Salary. That would be quite a backcourt but H-O would need to pass the ball and everyone would have to be happy with their PT. I'm not quite seeing it.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
I’ll defer to the coaches’ assessment of her.

However, based on Natasha Mack’s current stats at OSU, I wish our staff had been more “interested” in her last year coming out of Juco.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
So looking around, I noticed LSU plays Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday, and LSU is the visitor. How did that happen, I know FGCU has become a fairly decent mid major in the last decade, didn't think they could host a major team though.
Why would they not be able to host a "major" team? Plenty of mid-majors, both good and not-so-good ones, host teams from power conferences. For example, East Tennessee State (not so good) hosted Tennessee.

Texas was upset by Louisville in Austin and are out. Here's the Final Four:

Baylor wins first set only for Wisconsin to come back and win three straight sets to win 3-1. Baylor seemed to have trouble with Wisconsin’s serving. The commentator said Wisconsin’s schedule was one of the toughest in the nation and prepared them to take on Baylor.

Nice game and saw some athletes out there but Wisconsin moves on to the national championship game.

Reactions: BUBear
Baylor wins first set only for Wisconsin to come back and win three straight sets to win 3-1. Baylor seemed to have trouble with Wisconsin’s serving. The commentator said Wisconsin’s schedule was one of the toughest in the nation and prepared them to take on Baylor.

Nice game and saw some athletes out there but Wisconsin moves on to the national championship game.
The Big Ten is the real deal in women’s volleyball

Looks like Stanford will most likely beat Minn. That game with Wisc and Bay was a war. I have never seen so many lazers launched by both team in my vb days. I really think Wisconsin will win it all this year. Watched finals last year and again this year is the real deal. Would love to have a couple of 6 six ladies on the LVs!!

I guess we can get off the Jeff Walz bandwaggon of how great he is. UT Martin was 4 and 5 going into that game they just barely miss upsetting Louisville double overtime loss.

Reactions: LVsinceJV and gule
The #17 MO State Lady Bears head to Spokane to take on the #18 Zags at 8pm CST on Friday the 20th.

If memory serves me correctly, the last time MSU was in Spokane they booked a trip to the 2001 Final Four (not against Gonzaga)

Two teams that match up very well against each other. Should be a hell of a game.

No bigger talk in Springfield than that of the Lady Bears right now. "It's Our STATE". Team added another goal for their season recently but it would take getting this monumental game.

Wish someone was picking up this game but with Bowl Season starting, I know why they don't.

Can't wait!!!
West Coast Conference Official Athletic Site You may be able to see it with this link.

Reactions: gule
If UT Martin could've made their free throws Louisville would have another loss today. Free Throws are so important and something to many players are terrible at.

South Carolina routs Duke..89-46...we look strong as of now...but our team is young and may get to feeling too good about themselves...hoping not.

Looks like Stanford will most likely beat Minn. That game with Wisc and Bay was a war. I have never seen so many lazers launched by both team in my vb days. I really think Wisconsin will win it all this year. Watched finals last year and again this year is the real deal. Would love to have a couple of 6 six ladies on the LVs!!

Launched lasers is the understatement. Pressley from Baylor is unconscious. She launches effective kills from the backline more so than the front (versus Wisconsin). Her vertical is amazing, which allows her six foot stature to sky among the trees. It is if the net isn't there. The final will be a war. Unfortunately, Baylor won't be there.

Launched lasers is the understatement. Pressley from Baylor is unconscious. She launches effective kills from the backline more so than the front (versus Wisconsin). Her vertical is amazing, which allows her six foot stature to sky among the trees. It is if the net isn't there. The final will be a war. Unfortunately, Baylor won't be there.
Yep Pressley is the real deal and jumps out of the gym. Not many her size jumps so well. I really feel like Wisconsin will win and I don't pull for Stanford in anything. They are really good as well but too much uppity for my blood!

Reactions: Rixxx

VN Store

Back