Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

UCONN's coach getting payback and rubbing it in McGraw's face.

We can expect the same treatment or worse for past "slights" going back to Pat.

I watched some of UConn’s game. It doesn’t seem that They have fallen as far back on offense as I thought. Their defense is well below their normal but not bad. They still switch well

Honestly? I’m less optimistic about 1/23 after watching them for less than the second half. And it seemed after a while Geno throttled then back. Plus as usual they are in great physical condition and can run and run

Reactions: mcannon1
ELT40rCUEAE4YrZ

6'5" Amari DeBerry No. 5 class of 2021. Verbal to UConn
Paige Bueckers, No. 1 class of 2020. LOI to UConn
Azzi Fudd, No. 1 class of 2021 and a possible future Husky

All three behind the UConn bench at the Notre Dame game.

I watched some of UConn’s game. It doesn’t seem that They have fallen as far back on offense as I thought. Their defense is well below their normal but not bad. They still switch well

Honestly? I’m less optimistic about 1/23 after watching them for less than the second half. And it seemed after a while Geno throttled then back. Plus as usual they are in great physical condition and can run and run
Today they looked better, but they're still making a lot of mistakes that really good teams can take advantage of. Notre Dame isn't that team, yet.

The erratic results of this season so far, if nothing else, have shown us that no one is safe or immune to off nights.

Last edited:
I saw some of UConn's first games and a little of the recent games. I am astonished by how much they improved. It seems impossible but I guess this is why they made it to the last 12 final fours.

Reactions: Rixxx
Prayers for Baylor's Jordyn Oliver and family:

Per her twitter account, Jordyn's mother posted

"our son Dwayne passed away 11/30 at the young age of 24. Please respect our privacy at this time as we are not accepting calls." Dwayne's funeral service is today in California.

Meet Rayford Evans 👇👇👇

View attachment 243164

Rayford is an employee of George's Bar (best chicken fried steak you ever had) in Waco who has served the Lady Bears on game days since 2002. Kim Mulkey made sure that Rayford received a 2019 National Championship Ring for his dedication and service to the program throughout the years.

Sic'em Rayford.

That is really awesome!!!! ☺️

DePaul beat Notre Dame in a close high scoring game. Both teams shot over 50 from the field and from the 3 most of the game. UConn at DePaul next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
ELje_IOWkAE25BW.jpg

Dec 11, 2019
TCU 68 @ Texas A&M 70

"Gutsy performance by the Frogs, but TCU falls to #11 Texas A&M 70-68 at Reed Arena tonight. Lauren Heard led the Frogs with 23 points - her third straight 20-point game. ... at the 12.6 second mark ... tied at 68-68."
- TCU twitter feed

View attachment 244955

Dec 11, 2019
TCU 68 @ Texas A&M 70

"Gutsy performance by the Frogs, but TCU falls to #11 Texas A&M 70-68 at Reed Arena tonight. Lauren Heard led the Frogs with 23 points - her third straight 20-point game. ... at the 12.6 second mark ... tied at 68-68."
- TCU twitter feed
Ha! A&M hung on by a thread to get the win. A&M & Miss State don't look so dominant. The lady vols could easily knock off anyone in the SEC.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Ha! A&M hung on by a thread to get the win. A&M & Miss State don't look so dominant. The lady vols could easily knock off anyone in the SEC.

Yes, could If we make most of the layups and 2 footers. Also, improved defense on the perimeter.

ELT40rCUEAE4YrZ

6'5" Amari DeBerry No. 5 class of 2021. Verbal to UConn
Paige Bueckers, No. 1 class of 2020. LOI to UConn
Azzi Fudd, No. 1 class of 2021 and a possible future Husky

All three behind the UConn bench at the Notre Dame game.
Girl to Fudd's left is Caroline Ducharme (G from MA). Top 20 ranked, but not sure how hard she is being recruited by UCONN.

Nobody really looks dominant this season except for that school way up North and Oregon and even they have weaknesses that can be exploited.

Aggy tears just seem sooo much sweeter though. Old rivalries die harder as I'm sure Lady Vol fans know.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Baylor down another player:

ckilpatrick 8:05p

Saw on Instagram she (Caitlin Bickle) had her knee wrapped up and on crutches. Hope it is just a sprain. Anyone know??

Word is she hurt her leg in the Georgia game and will miss a month.

* Lauren Cox (foot inury)
* Jordyn Oliver (death of brother)
* Caitlin Bickle (leg injury)

Louisville at Kentucky 12 ct
Ohio State at Stanford 7:30 ct on Pac 12 channel

are the top two games today.

Purdue at SC 1 ct
Missouri at Missouri State are games of interest. I think Missouri State is gonna beat Missouri. 3 ct
North Carolina at Alabama 2 ct

Several other SEC teams playing today mostly against teams they should easily handle:

Houston at Texas A&M 1 ct
Northwestern State at Arkansas 2 ct
Furman at Georgia 1 ct
Eastern Kentucky at Vanderbilt 3 ct
Bethune Cookman at Auburn 2 ct

One other SEC game to mention Ole Miss gets hammered by Southeastern Missouri 70 to 53 last night.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
What a finish to the Louisville/Kentucky game! Louisville absolutely shut Howard down in the second half. Kentucky was crushed on the boards all night. Louisville had so many second possessions.

As soon as they started trapping Howard every time she touched the ball, she was rattled
and once you get into a player's psyche, it affects them for the game
unless they
"hear the right words" to get them back to what they are supposed to be

Great game today between UK and UL. Is the point transfer Patterson eligible in January? She will be a good one. Kentucky sure can hit the 3.

VN Store

Back