Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hey first and foremost I admire pure basketball if the wcbb variety. Nobody has done it better for the last dozen or so years. I admire and respect what they have achieved. I
can’t argue with facts regarding their #5 SOS

I can and will be surprised if Kyla Irwin is their consistent 5th starter for the rest of the season. It would be magical given her prior 3 season. If it happens I will be happy for her too in addition to being surprised

Remind me to say so at the end of the season
I certainly don't expect this kind of efficiency all season long. That would be really unrealistic. But she has good size (6'2") has always been a very good three point shooter, she knows the offense and while slow on defense, she makes up for some of that with good positioning.

It's certainly not 5 on 4 when she is on the court.

I agree that will likely be the case, but I don't think UConn deserves the 2 spot as they haven't faced enough quality opponents yet and are already overranked this season as it is. I feel the same way about Tennessee as well, to be honest.

UConn has the No. 5 SOS according to RealTimeRPI.

They have played 62, 83, 54, 16, 14, 134 in RPI.

Tennessee has the No. 341 ranked SOS.

They have played 306, 315, 86, 337, 170, 254 and 338 in RPI.

Did you mean to compare the schedules in regards to how to look at who might be overranked?

Did you mean to compare the schedules in regards to how to look at who might be overranked?
I knew our schedule was sad but 341st weakest schedule good lord how embarrassing. I did not know there were even 341 schools with ball teams out there. And we have 9 of these scheduled. I hope KJH changes this philosophy on OOC games.

If they are No. 2 after this crazy weekend, it won't be on reputation.

It will depend on how many voters move teams below the undefeated teams like Stanford and UConn that lost this weekend.

Based on what I have seen over the many years of poll watching, this is going to be a tough one to call.

I'm thinking that many voters will only knock Oregon down 2 slots. Baylor will move two slots down too.

That means that Stanford will move up 2 spots and UConn will move up 2 spots.

And Louisville and South Carolina?

The Cards could move up three spots and South Carolina will stay the same as they also lost to Indiana before beating Baylor.

So here is my guess, not how I would vote.

1. Stanford
2. UConn
3. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Louisville
6. South Carolina
7. Texas A&M
8. Oregon State
9. Maryland
10. UCLA

So how would you vote? Just curious as polls don’t mean much to me especially early in the season

Wow! What a crazy week in WBB. Powerhouse #1 Oregon falls to #8 Louisville. #5 South Carolina loses to #17 Indiana but then bounces back & knocks off #2 Baylor. & had a bounce or two gone #10 Miss State's way they had a good chance at beating #3 Stanford. The #1, #2 & #3 ranked teams almost lost in the same week! When was the last time that happened?!

I believe most would agree that WBB is even more enjoyable when upsets happen week to week & there's more parity in the game.

It seems the parity this season is based on universally under performing on the court. No team has impressive stats game in and game out. A to TO, ft%, fg%, 3 pt% all seem inconsistent but lower than usual is their consistency.

I'm not comparing their schedules directly to each other. I'm talking about two different overranked (imo) teams.

So how would you vote? Just curious as polls don’t mean much to me especially early in the season
Great question. Polls don't mean much to me either.

I can tell you how I think the people that vote will do. They are pretty predictable.

Obviously, Oregon and Baylor have to drop. They lost.

Stanford and UConn didn't lose, so they stay in place.

Louisville had a big win over Oregon so they have to move up.

Poll voters don't like big movement so.....

I predict

1. Stanford -
2. UConn -
3. Oregon -2
4. Baylor -2
5. Louisville +3

I can tell you how I think the people that vote will do. They are pretty predictable.

I predict

1. Stanford -
2. UConn -
3. Oregon -2
4. Baylor -2
5. Louisville +3

nice but my question was how would you vote. You stated earlier it was not how you would vote

It seemed like you think UConn is overranked because of a lack of quality opponents. Yet they have the 5th best SOS. Something doesn't compute.
And when they win against these opponents we can talk about how properly ranked they are. If SOS was all that determined ranking, Mo State would be top 5 already (and well-earned), and all of the PAC12 would fully occupy the top 15. I think UConn is a good 5-8 squad right now. Someone earlier suggested they'd move up to the 2 spot, and that would be solely because they haven't lost yet.

nice but my question was how would you vote. You stated earlier it was not how you would vote
I guess I should have said, I don’t vote but here is how I think they will vote.

And I still haven’t answered your question....lol.

Can you tell I’m avoiding doing that?

Reactions: mcannon1
SEC teams taking a hit. After MSU loses their first game to Stanford yesterday, A&M falls today to Florida State....

Texas A&M loses by 17 to Florida State and Carter took 22 shots made 8. This is what I am hoping for when they play Tennessee. Like I said before the season started A&M is a hit or miss team depending on how Carter is playing cause she gonna take a lot of shots and eat up a lot of possessions so when she is inefficient the team will suffer.

Texas A&M loses by 17 to Florida State and Carter took 22 shots made 8. This is what I am hoping for when they play Tennessee. Like I said before the season started A&M is a hit or miss team depending on how Carter is playing cause she gonna take a lot of shots and eat up a lot of possessions so when she is inefficient the team will suffer.
Also, team was 9.1% from the 3 and almost no bench points. The SEC coaches will certainly be looking at that film

Reactions: BUBear and lvocd

Florida State has good size on the front line and can cause problems for a lot of teams.

I am a casual VB fan. I get the Longhorn Network so I caught a couple of Texas' VB matches. Let me tell you, senior OH #1 Micaya White is the real deal. She is 6'1" and fills the stat sheet. Against Kansas last week she had 16 kills, 10 digs, and 4 aces. She has a monstrous serve that has ace written all over it. She really caught my attention the first match I watched. Coach doesn't sit her very long. So, if VB is your interest, I would recommend Texas to follow. Sorry to hijack thread.

I am a casual VB fan. I get the Longhorn Network so I caught a couple of Texas' VB matches. Let me tell you, senior OH #1 Micaya White is the real deal. She is 6'1" and fills the stat sheet. Against Kansas last week she had 16 kills, 10 digs, and 4 aces. She has a monstrous serve that has ace written all over it. She really caught my attention the first match I watched. Coach doesn't sit her very long. So, if VB is your interest, I would recommend Texas to follow. Sorry to hijack thread.
Baylor earned the top seed and will compete in the NCAA postseason after rounding out the regular season with a 25-1 overall record and a program best 15-1 finish in conference play. The Bears held the top spot in the RPI since the first release on Oct. 7 and became the fifth team in conference history to earn a Big 12 conference title

It's a Central Texas backyard brawl thing. David vs Goliath.

I love good volleyball and watch the whole tourney last year. If I had the longhorn network I would watch texas. They have a Tennessee girl that started last year and I would guess she is this year as well! Don't recall her name!

I predict

1. Stanford -
2. UConn -
3. Oregon -2
4. Baylor -2
5. Louisville +3

Charlie Creme has Oregon State no. 1 followed by...

2. Louisville
3. Stanford
4. Oregon
5. UConn
6. Baylor
7. South Carolina

What's the bracket impact after Oregon, Baylor lose on same day?

VN Store

Back