Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And UT beat Ole Miss 84 28 on the road. Ole Miss is one of the worst if not the worst power 5 team in the country. Its not surprising.

According to Vandy, she was ill and tried to push through but just couldn’t do it
That explains part of why they got beat by that margin to Bama. She will be a load to defend on Thursday. The game will probably be close. We need to score more, especially if Vandy gets hot from the ‘3’.

That explains part of why they got beat by that margin to Bama. She will be a load to defend on Thursday. The game will probably be close. We need to score more, especially if Vandy gets hot from the ‘3’.

I don’t wish ill will upon anyone and hope she is up to playing but health comes first. I commend her for giving it a go. I am a teacher and this flu and other viruses are knocking people down and even when they come back they are dragging. Maybe she gets some rest and some IVs and she is ready to rock.

Reactions: VolBall09

I think we should beat them with some comfort even if Fasoula plays. They are going to have a hard time with our length. They don’t shoot the three much only 54-174 on the season as a team. I wouldn’tcall us a 3 point shooting team either and we are 102-309. Teams have been going with the immediate double on Fasoula in conference play and it’s been effective. I expect to see us do the same. We will likely see our zone a lot as well, will really be able to pack it in on them.

Fasoula essentially has one move, regardless of which side of the paint she’s on she likes to turn baseline and shoot that funky scoop shot off the glass. I watched their last 3 games and teams have been bringing a guard to double from the baseline side and forcing her to turn middle. She just isn’t as effective if you make her do anything aside from her one move. She is not a passer only 16 assists to 48 turnovers on the year, she isn’t good at passing out of the double.

If Newby is out again (week to week with a knee sprain since Jan 14) which I’m guessing she will be. That’s good news for us as well. She is a pesky player who crashes the glass, she had big moments for them against us last year.

If they are both out I don’t see it being remotely close. Koi Love is the only other player with any size and she’s only 6’0”.

Last edited:
Reactions: PRG and lvocd
Just read something that said “Chennedy Carter is a gametime decision” now, so she’s obviously coming along. She hasn’t practiced since she went down on Jan. 9. Anyway, they’ve got Georgia on Friday, and I sure hope Taylor’s bunch can steal a victory from them that would help US very much. I’m spending a lot of time with my fingers crossed hoping for some standings help from other teams.

Just read something that said “Chennedy Carter is a gametime decision” now, so she’s obviously coming along. She hasn’t practiced since she went down on Jan. 9. Anyway, they’ve got Georgia on Friday, and I sure hope Taylor’s bunch can steal a victory from them that would help US very much. I’m spending a lot of time with my fingers crossed hoping for some standings help from other teams.

Would help us for sure if Georgia could get the win. I for one am glad Carter is coming back. I was nervous that she might be out for a while and her first game back would be against us.

Would prefer if she came back against someone else. She’s the type of player to come back and have a huge first night back. None of that “ease back into it.” She’s going to be ready to fire away.

Is it correct that Auburn has no signees for the class of 2020? If so I think this is Coach Flo’s last stand in Auburn.

Right now we are 2nd (tied with Miss. St.) with Ky. TA&M , Ark. close to us ..... we have to play TA&M and Ark. with a loss to Ky. All three of us must play USC and Miss.State! With that said : how we do against each other will tell if we can finish in the top 4 ? Going to get interesting 🤷‍♂️

Except Miss St and South Carolina and Us the SEC has to be the worst shooting Conference in all the country. Kinda sad.

An announcer said Carter had a Grade 2 ankle sprain - recovery normally takes 4-6 weeks. Injury hits 5 week mark few days prior to 2/16 game. Guess we'll know more in few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvocd and VolBall09
Has anyone heard an update on Jones from Stanford? She was having a solid year. Hopefully she will be able to come back. Stanford and SC are 2 of the teams I think can get to a final 4.

Has anyone heard an update on Jones from Stanford? She was having a solid year. Hopefully she will be able to come back. Stanford and SC are 2 of the teams I think can get to a final 4.

Last I saw Vanderveer gave a quote saying she is having an MRI this week and that they hope it is a short term knee injury. Sounds promising, I feel like if she weren’t returning this season they would have announced it already.

They are really missing her, she was filling in nicely for Carrington. Without either of them they are really missing a playmaker. Both of them are great in transition.

VN Store

Back