Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That all sounds great until you see how close most of the "light weights" are playing with UConn this year. And forgive me for pointing out that UConn's conference opponents are now and always have been weak. when a team never loses a conference game year in and year out for ever and ever, their long term record is obviously inflated. And I would not hang any hats on UConn's strength of schedule this year so far, they have played 2 ranked teams to date. Beat #16 Depaul by 10 and lost to then #6/now #2 Baylor by 16. Followed by beating unranked Memphis by 12 and unranked UCF by 7. Please. When was the last time a Geno Husky team lost by 16 to anyone, and at home to boot?

Last edited:
SC won a close game vs. MSU tonight, it could have gone either way in closing minutes/seconds. Both squads made clutch shot after clutch shot. Those are the two best teams in the conference right now by a good margin.

It was a good game. I watched it after our game and enjoyed the pace. I thought it was pretty well officiated and both teams executed really well at times. MSST didn’t execute that last possession well at all though. I’m still scratching my head on the play they ran. Left them no option but to throw that dangerous pass. I would have run a lob play for carter when there was 7 seconds on the clock. She gets 2 points or a foul and two shots plus you have time for the o-board.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
It was a good game. I watched it after our game and enjoyed the pace. I thought it was pretty well officiated and both teams executed really well at times. MSST didn’t execute that last possession well at all though. I’m still scratching my head on the play they ran. Left them no option but to throw that dangerous pass. I would have run a lob play for carter when there was 7 seconds on the clock. She gets 2 points or a foul and two shots plus you have time for the o-board.

That was a awful inbound pass just awful

That was a awful inbound pass just awful

It was doomed before she even threw it. You could see Cooke reading that as it left her hands. Just a really poor play for that situation I thought. Maybe they didn’t run what he had drawn up.

EOhL18kVAAAcvBJ.jpg

"Please know that this was not a bill from my first or second surgery. It was from a hospital visit from a complication with the recovery process after my second surgery. USA basketball did everything they could to help and I am grateful for their kindness."

- Sedona Prince twitter account, 17 Jan 2020

Last edited:
That all sounds great until you see how close most of the "light weights" are playing with UConn this year. And forgive me for pointing out that UConn's conference opponents are now and always have been weak. when a team never loses a conference game year in and year out for ever and ever, their long term record is obviously inflated. And I would not hang any hats on UConn's strength of schedule this year so far, they have played 2 ranked teams to date. Beat #16 Depaul by 10 and lost to then #6/now #2 Baylor by 16. Followed by beating unranked Memphis by 12 and unranked UCF by 7. Please. When was the last time a Geno Husky team lost by 16 to anyone, and at home to boot?
UConn's RPI is #4. LV's #64 - any other comments you care to make?

Last edited:
Yea
, Yea, why are you on our board? It would never occur to me to go on your board. Jeez you cons are obnoxious. Must be catching from your coach. Although, how much was the female ref paid to drop her lawsuit against Geno? Asking for a friend.

The rising water under the bridge forces the regular denizens out to seek comfort elsewhere.

Please don't feed them, and they will soon return to their natural habitat and gnaw upon bones in cannibalistic fashion.

Lady Vols...#1

Meanwhile, in non-troll news, really looking forward to Oregon-Oregon State tomorrow night...if I can have some coffee beforehand.

You’re comment was in response to what @Rooster1 post about your UConn’s opponents. It was not made by a LV fan. So your comment should have been in response to SC’s RPI.

So the proper response would have been for you to say UConn’s RPI #4 SC # 2

RealTimeRPI.com Women's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

See there I fixed it for you 😃

Last edited:
The rising water under the bridge forces the regular denizens out to seek comfort elsewhere.

Please don't feed them, and they will soon return to their natural habitat and gnaw upon bones in cannibalistic fashion.

Lady Vols...#1
You are correct. Some folks just like to poke the bear. The more the bear responds the more they are inclined to keep poking. I've been a LVs fan for the entirety of the program's existence, season ticket holder, wear orange, cheer and grumble etc, etc. Even I like to poke the bear on occasion just to get a rise out of the select few on here who seem to think they own this board, that their opinion is the only one that matters and froth at the mouth over any mention of a compliment to UConn. If I started a poll I bet the same few members would that list. As a matter of fact I've probably poked the bear with this post. Let's see if they can resist the urge to set me straight. Go LVs. Kick some UConn butt.

True statement, not trolling. Obvious answer, I thought it myself. Again embarrassing to answer with "get out of our house Yankee troll!"

Ya'll really want to sit around and navel gaze and tell each other how right we are? If so I guess I should go away too, because that would not be worth my time.

You’re comment was in response to what @Rooster1 put about your UConn’s opponents. It was not made by a LV fan. So your comment should have been in response to SC’s RPI.

So the proper response would have been for you to say UConn’s RPI #4 SC # 2

RealTimeRPI.com Women's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

See there I fixed it for you 😃
Thanks for th ehelp. Yes, I knew that. After all it's not difficult to figure out @Rooster1 's affiliation. However he made the post on the LV forum about a LV game, so I thought it was germaine.

True statement, not trolling. Obvious answer, I thought it myself. Again embarrassing to answer with "get out of our house Yankee troll!"

Ya'll really want to sit around and navel gaze and tell each other how right we are? If so I guess I should go away too, because that would not be worth my time.
Thanks for bringing some maturity into the conversation.

Thanks for th ehelp. Yes, I knew that. After all it's not difficult to figure out @Rooster1 's affiliation. However he made the post on the LV forum about a LV game, so I thought it was germaine.
Why, can't you see how strictly we adhere to the "rules" of posting? No one evah replies to anything they didn't quote, engage in laughably inane self-promotion, or spew random venom. Shape up Trolly McTrollster!

Thanks for bringing some maturity into the conversation.
Don't EVER accuse me of maturity LOL

Thing is, there actually is a forum for unabashed, unchallenged, unhinged LV sunshine pumping with nary an opposing thought allowed. Run by those still clinging to the hope Holly might be rehired. I was just hoping this forum would not become that.

Reactions: NeedOrange
NeedOrange, you are a guest in OUR house on the eve of an emotional contest. If you can’t tamp down your urge to defend CT right now, you should get the f—- off this board.
I appreciate your comment that perhaps I should back off. In my defense, I am pro LV basketball. I believe WBB is better with a strong LV presence. I have never in any post denigrated the LV's team, players, or coaches. I am a WBB fan first and a UConn fan 2nd.

I do not troll, but I will defend MY team when necessary. Just like I will defend KJH from the uninformed who don't understand what she is trying to do and the obstacles that confront her.

Also, I am on McGraw's Bench and Sic'em forums also. I read cocky talk.

To me this is the 2nd best forum for it's knowledgeable posters and I enjoy reading much more than I post. One of the things that makes The Boneyard better, in my mind, is that other posters are welcomed and treated with respect they deserve. to those of you who read this thanks for the courtesy.

Last blow to this dead horse, but on the board I want to participate in, the eve of a consequential game is EXACTLY the time for knowledgable fans of the opposition to weigh in and defend their team.

Why are we so threatened by it? We're LV fans, we should be able to discuss without fear.

Don't mean to get political, but this sounds scarily like the embrace of ignorance and factlessness our whole society seems to be celebrating right now. For God sakes, don't tell me anything I don't already agree with.

Reactions: NeedOrange and gule
I appreciate your comment that perhaps I should back off. In my defense, I am pro LV basketball. I believe WBB is better with a strong LV presence. I have never in any post denigrated the LV's team, players, or coaches. I am a WBB fan first and a UConn fan 2nd.

I do not troll, but I will defend MY team when necessary. Just like I will defend KJH from the uninformed who don't understand what she is trying to do and the obstacles that confront her.

Also, I am on McGraw's Bench and Sic'em forums also. I read cocky talk.

To me this is the 2nd best forum for it's knowledgeable posters and I enjoy reading much more than I post. One of the things that makes The Boneyard better, in my mind, is that other posters are welcomed and treated with respect they deserve. to those of you who read this thanks for the courtesy.

Like in any forum you have THOSE posters that are courteous and those that can be not so much. But let’s not make it seem like the Boneyard didn’t bash Horston when she made her choice to come here or throw Sam Brunelle under the bus when she chose to go to ND.

I am aware that people get overly sensitive on all sites when defending their teams good grief better not go on a Bama or Auburn forum when football is in session!

But when you make a comment that can be perceived as “trolling” (which I don’t feel either way about your comments) I guess people shouldn’t be so thin skinned when people come back at them. Isn’t that what makes sports fun as long as it isn’t over the top? If someone called you out of your name I’m sorry for that but If they didn’t it’s all fair game 😂

However we are glad to have you

Last edited:
Reactions: NeedOrange

VN Store

Back