Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Screw the WNBA. Too many players act like they are stars. They aren't, and the vast majority of basketball fans probably couldn't name 10 WNBA players. Like the previous poster, I supported the WNBA since inception until last season. The sense of entitlement is off putting, and they phone in too many games in a short season. And then you have Griner trashing the league? Go ahead and let the W fold and see how many players still score big overseas contracts.

Players running their mouth like this will be the death of the league. And players like Taurasi...smh. Her old @ss should know better.

Every "big", men and women, that has ever existed has faced this problem.
grow a thicker skin and deal with it.

If I am undersized at post I tell my girls the same thing,,body up, invade their space, give them nothing easy...keep a forearm, hip or butt planted on them at al times.

But I also tell them the difference between anger and aggression is your "intentions" when being physical.
Are you tring to hurt them and provoke them, or, control them?

Every "big", men and women, that has ever existed has faced this problem.
grow a thicker skin and deal with it.

If I am undersized at post I tell my girls the same thing,,body up, invade their space, give them nothing easy...keep a forearm, hip or butt planted on them at al times.

But I also tell them the difference between anger and aggression is your "intentions" when being physical.
Are you tring to hurt them and provoke them, or, control them?

Well said!

Reactions: mcannon1
With the loss of two point guards Baylor may look more appealing to this young lady now
Hope you're right

. We will still a Grad-Tran next offseason though IMO. Mulkey trusts DiDi Richards with the ball in her hands but she isn't s PG.

Thought this was kind of funny -- was looking to see some of the other team's foreign tours and who their opponents were just to see if any were going to be playing against any of the same teams as us, and it looks like Oregon State will be playing against none other than...Angie Bjorklund! Would have been cool if the Lady Vols got to play against her too.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvocd
Thought this was kind of funny -- was looking to see some of the other team's foreign tours and who their opponents were just to see if any were going to be playing against any of the same teams as us, and it looks like Oregon State will be playing against none other than...Angie Bjorklund! Would have been cool if the Lady Vols got to play against her too.

What team will Angie be playing for? I tried to find info on it but came up empty.

And yes, it would have been perfect if Bjorklund had gotten to play against Tennessee. Bet she would have lit us like like a Christmas tree from three!

Reactions: lvocd
Jordan Danberry got an extra year at Mississippi State. Huge get for them.

That it is... this years SEC race could very well be determined by the influx of youth/ new players in the SEC. A&M has some juniors that have experience but even Ms St will have to depend on some players that didn’t get that experience last year and SC will have a great class but they will also have to help them by producing. Ty Harris should be ready to lead them now though and help them. KY got a few transfers that should help. We also know for us Horston will have to produce somewhat and players like Rae and Jaz who may not have gotten many minutes and the new players will have to produce for us to be successful and also give players like Rennia and Zay a break.

That it is... this years SEC race could very well be determined by the influx of youth/ new players in the SEC. A&M has some juniors that have experience but even Ms St will have to depend on some players that didn’t get that experience last year and SC will have a great class but they will also have to help them by producing. Ty Harris should be ready to lead them now though and help them. KY got a few transfers that should help. We also know for us Horston will have to produce somewhat and players like Rae and Jaz who may not have gotten many minutes and the new players will have to produce for us to be successful and also give players like Rennia and Zay a break.

I wonder if they will have Danberry play PG? She is a very good playmaker...maybe not as a good as Holmes, but a better perimeter defender and scoring threat. She makes them a much better team than they were last week.

58733178_448666819233115_1524525287761742542_n.jpg

DOMESTIC BATTERY CHARGES

"Tynice Martin, 22, of Morgantown, is charged with domestic battery by the Morgantown Police Department. Police responded to Twigg Street in Morgantown's First Ward neighborhood for a reported domestic dispute on July 15, according to a criminal complaint. The investigation showed Martin arrived at her ex-girlfriend's house, entered the residence, and pulled the victim's hair, according to the complaint. Martin and another woman, identified as Alexandria, then allegedly pushed the victim against a storm door, where she was choked, beaten and shoved. According to court records, a warrant was issued on July 24 and Martin was arraigned in Monongalia County Magistrate Court on Aug. 2 before Magistrate Jim Nabors.

Court records also show Martin received a citation for possession of a controlled substance on December 29, 2018, which was 11 games into the Mountaineers' season. Martin, the Mountaineers' top scorer, was not suspended, but was held out of that day's game against Niagara as a 'precautionary measure,' according to the school's postgame notes. Martin then played and started in the final 22 games to end last season. Martin pleaded no contest to the possession citation on February 15 and paid a $215.25 fine on Aug. 5."

- Justin Jackson, West Virginia Metro News, 22 Aug 2019

View attachment 219607

DOMESTIC BATTERY CHARGES

"Tynice Martin, 22, of Morgantown, is charged with domestic battery by the Morgantown Police Department. Police responded to Twigg Street in Morgantown's First Ward neighborhood for a reported domestic dispute on July 15, according to a criminal complaint. The investigation showed Martin arrived at her ex-girlfriend's house, entered the residence, and pulled the victim's hair, according to the complaint. Martin and another woman, identified as Alexandria, then allegedly pushed the victim against a storm door, where she was choked, beaten and shoved. According to court records, a warrant was issued on July 24 and Martin was arraigned in Monongalia County Magistrate Court on Aug. 2 before Magistrate Jim Nabors.

Court records also show Martin received a citation for possession of a controlled substance on December 29, 2018, which was 11 games into the Mountaineers' season. Martin, the Mountaineers' top scorer, was not suspended, but was held out of that day's game against Niagara as a 'precautionary measure,' according to the school's postgame notes. Martin then played and started in the final 22 games to end last season. Martin pleaded no contest to the possession citation on February 15 and paid a $215.25 fine on Aug. 5."

- Justin Jackson, West Virginia Metro News, 22 Aug 2019
Yikes. This explains it. Hopefully she will get the help she needs and can redeem herself.

Reactions: BUBear
Yikes. This explains it. Hopefully she will get the help she needs and can redeem herself.

Unfortunately, women's basketball has been plagued by some really trashy behavior lately. Williams, Howard and Martin (plus the Phoenix-Dallas "Fight Club") are giving the sport a black eye.

What makes it worse is that these women had practically zero repercussions. Williams should have been kicked out of the league and Howard should have been suspended pending an internal investigation. The fact that the league did their darned best to cover up these indiscretions is not a good look.

VN Store

Back