Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If UConn has no injuries from the top 4 players, they have a good chance to win the NC.

I think it’s still far too early to make a prediction like this. Other teams will improve significantly throughout the season. Oregon, Baylor and Stanford are all working in new, important, pieces to their teams. UCONN returned established players who have been in the same system for at least a season. They have a lot more minutes together under their belt than most other top teams this year. UCONN notoriously improves more quickly than the rest of the field, but the last several seasons the field has caught up.

They haven’t had many challenges on their schedule this season thus far either. Due to the down year for Norte Dame their only ranked opponent has been DePaul. They did play some quality programs, but they haven’t truly been battled tested yet. We’re going to find out where everyone is when they play Baylor, Oregon, South Carolina and possibly even UT. I feel they are a better team than us this season, based on play so far. But that’s bound to be an emotional contest and anything could happen.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
ENNxcFqWoAASvvD

UConn’s Evina Westbrook had left knee surgery 12/31, but is expected to be ready for the start of next season.

So all of G's tears were wasted for nothing?

No, tears are never wasted. They wash out the eyeballs. It's healthy.

It worked out better for Evina. If she had played injured and then had to have surgery, she could have wasted one of her two seasons if she played too many games.

Now she still has two years at UConn if she wants.

No, tears are never wasted. They wash out the eyeballs. It's healthy.

It worked out better for Evina. If she had played injured and then had to have surgery, she could have wasted one of her two seasons if she played too many games.

Now she still has two years at UConn if she wants.

Yea, but you get what the poster was saying. If this injury was that bad why the fuss or even try to get her to play? Not being a troll but this just seems weird to try to get a player to play that needed two different surgeries to fix whatever was going on. Geno said she wasn’t going to make them win a national championship because they needed more than Evina but he seemed awfully upset over a player who needed two surgeries.

Either way I hope she gets better and wishing her a speedy recovery. We get what it’s like to have a player with a knee injury who you think could be very beneficial to your team.

Yea, but you get what the poster was saying. If this injury was that bad why the fuss or even try to get her to play? Not being a troll but this just seems weird to try to get a player to play that needed two different surgeries to fix whatever was going on. Geno said she wasn’t going to make them win a national championship because they needed more than Evina but he seemed awfully upset over a player who needed two surgeries.

Either way I hope she gets better and wishing her a speedy recovery. We get what it’s like to have a player with a knee injury who you think could be very beneficial to your team.

Who knows if they knew it was that bad. Or if this was just a clean up surgery from the other surgery?

I think he was upset because he thought she didn't get the ok from Tennessee and that the NCAA were wrong in not allowing the waiver. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, just the reasoning behind him being so upset.

So it turns out Auriemma was actually willing to put Westbrook’s health at risk in favor of gaining her immediate eligibility and postponing Westbrook’s health needs. And he was very indignant in pursuing it. He even called out Fulmer and UT. Jerk!

What an unhealthy environment is up there!

Who knows if they knew it was that bad. Or if this was just a clean up surgery from the other surgery?

I think he was upset because he thought she didn't get the ok from Tennessee and that the NCAA were wrong in not allowing the waiver. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, just the reasoning behind him being so upset.

Gotcha!

It is a shame Geno didn’t get what he wanted !!! Evina playing part of this year and a roll player her senior year ..... 😈

So it turns out Auriemma was actually willing to put Westbrook’s health at risk in favor of gaining her immediate eligibility and postponing Westbrook’s health needs. And he was very indignant in pursuing it. He even called out Fulmer and UT. Jerk!

The word I heard was that it was to clean up some scar tissue from the first surgery. Nothing major and nothing to put her health at risk even if she was playing. She has been practicing and the UConn practice is much more demanding than a game.

And UT didn't have to pay for it! Double win!
OK Gule - how about this return of your troll - Evidently UT wouldn't pay for the first surgery. (not that I know anything. I just think one stupid comment deserves another)

How did you ever get that from this surgery?

How did you ever get that from this surgery?

Don’t you spin me as Simple Simon. Auriemma is a hypocrite. His motive is clear. He is just obsessed with hanging another banner or breaking a record. And he couldn’t handle not getting his way. He was prepared to use this kid, knowing that she would be playing with a vulnerable limb that could be secured/improved with medical attention and time. What a hypocrite! That’s an unhealthy environment!

Don’t you spin me as Simple Simon. Auriemma is a hypocrite. His motive is clear. He is just obsessed with hanging another banner or breaking a record. And he couldn’t handle not getting his way. He was prepared to use this kid, knowing that she would be playing with a vulnerable limb that could be secured/improved with medical attention and time. What a hypocrite! That’s an unhealthy environment!

Your hate of Geno is unhealthy.

Not even close to his hate of Tennessee nor as passionate as his love for himself.
Not based on that ridiculous theory you put out there about him.

You really believe he would risk a players health in order to win championships and break records?

I hate when Coaches are obsessed with hanging banners!🤣

VN Store

Back