Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Muffet McGraw's Notre Dame Lady Irish are struggling they lost 69-60 to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday:D

I hope they turn it around during their ACC play and finish at least middle of the pack to make the LV win on their floor look all that much better. I have a feeling getting their center back will help some. But this isn’t the ND team of old but they got some good recruits coming in. I always liked Muffet especially when she turned the tide on certain programs lol

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Muffet McGraw's Notre Dame Lady Irish are struggling they lost 69-60 to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday:D
Teams are beating Notre Dame up on the boards. I think they are gonna be up and down all season until they get Vaughn back. They were able to beat number 16 Michigan then lose to Florida Gulf Coast who is one of the better Mid Major teams this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
ND lost to FGCU by 9 today in a holiday tournament. Having to play 3 games in 3 days, with a very short bench, it's possible that they will go 0-3 for the tournament. This should be exhibit A in the discussion of how large a roster a team should carry. ND had 7 viable players (plus a few walk-ons), then 2 of the 7 went down with injuries.
What ND is going to do in the next 2 games will be very interesting. Does Muffet play the starting five 35+ minutes each game, in an effort to win ? While this would maximize their chances of winning, it would also expose the starting 5 to an increased chance of injury.
I think South Dakota State is a better team than they are and beat them today.

Indiana was ranked higher than we are number 17 and if they don't lose to badly or win another game in that tourney should stay right around where they are. If they beat Baylor they will jump into the top ten easily. I don't expect that to happen but didn't think they could beat SC either.

Middle Tennessee vs Auburn and Notre Dame vs South Dakota State have started. Early South Dakota State 5 Notre Dame 0 Middle Tennessee 2 Auburn 0 and they have played four minutes. Georgia 6 Butler 4

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Notre Dame has four five star players in their lineup even though they are all freshmen and South Dakota State has never seen a five star player unless it was on the opposing team. Right now the two and three stars are beating the five stars 34 to 21 at the half. Georgia over Butler 29 to 20 at the half.

Reactions: lvocd and BUBear
Notre Dame woke up closing in on South Dakota State 45 to 45 going to the fourth quarter. Middle Tennessee still stomping Auburn after three quarters 61 to 40. Georgia pulling away from Butler in what has been a turnover fest 20 per team 48 to 29.

SDSU is absolutely dominating Notre Dame on the boards. Making them play defense at least twice on almost every possession.

They are not going to the NCAA this season looks obvious that they will have double digit losses and maybe a losing season.

At this point it does look that way. Really devalues our win on the road, but they really kicked off our big slide last season. Still a great momentum win.

They have the talent so I don’t think that’s the excuse, they may have a really short bench but we saw what they did with basically 5 players two seasons ago. I really think the piece they’re missing is Niele Ivey. Soon as she came back to ND they improved immediately, soon as she’s left they’re struggling again.

At this point it does look that way. Really devalues our win on the road, but they really kicked off our big slide last season. Still a great momentum win.

They have the talent so I don’t think that’s the excuse, they may have a really short bench but we saw what they did with basically 5 players two seasons ago. I really think the piece they’re missing is Niele Ivey. Soon as she came back to ND they improved immediately, soon as she’s left they’re struggling again.
Yes they were expected to be better and almost everyone is pounding them on the boards. The team that feels bad now is number 16 Michigan that lost at home to them.

VN Store

Back