Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That was one of her finalist... and it’s in CA

Didn't realize they were one of her finalists. I just thought given how high profile she was that she would go to a contender. But then Boothe and Hayes went to MTSU, so I guess anything is possible.

Texas A&M beats Rice by one point. Stanford struggles with Gonzaga know they always have a very good team. A lot of close games this season whomever can develop their players and get consistent both offensively and defensively by time league play rolls around has a great shot at a very high finish in the SEC. I don't see anyone in the SEC that is dominant and think everyone will lose at least two or three games in the league this year. Arkansas has looked as good as anybody and thought they would with five star Ramirez coming in this year.
After watching every SC game thus far along with checking the competition across our conference, I believe SC will win every SEC game by at least 13-15 points this year. You may not see any dominant team in our conference but I don't see who is going to knock SC off in the SEC. If I wind up being wrong I'll gladly eat a nice helping of crow. Just my worthless 2 cents.

Reactions: SCspur
My SEC and ACC Women's Basketball Predictions for 2019-2020

SEC

1) Texas A&M
2) South Carolina
3) Mississippi State
4) Tennessee
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) Auburn
8) LSU
9) Georgia
10) Alabama
11) Vanderbilt
12) Ole Miss
13) Missouri
14) Florida

NCAA Teams: Texas A&M,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Tennessee,Kentucky and Arkansas

WNIT Teams: Auburn and LSU

ACC

1) Louisville
2) FSU
3) Syracuse
4) Miami
5) Georgia Tech
6) North Carolina
7) NCSU
8) Notre Dame
9) Duke
10) Virginia Tech
11) Clemson
12) Virginia
13) Boston College
14) Pitt
15) Wake Forest

NCAA Teams: Louisville,FSU,Syracuse,Miami,Georgia Tech,North Carolina,NCSU

WNIT Teams: Notre Dame,Duke and Virginia Tech

Last edited:
Texas A&M beats Rice by one point. Stanford struggles with Gonzaga know they always have a very good team. A lot of close games this season whomever can develop their players and get consistent both offensively and defensively by time league play rolls around has a great shot at a very high finish in the SEC. I don't see anyone in the SEC that is dominant and think everyone will lose at least two or three games in the league this year. Arkansas has looked as good as anybody and thought they would with five star Ramirez coming in this year.

South Carolina has an impressive road win over a top five team. Call me when Arkansas and chicken-Schaefer at MSU actually play someone...

SEC

1) Texas A&M
2) South Carolina
3) Mississippi State
4) Tennessee
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) Auburn
8) LSU
9) Georgia
10) Alabama
11) Vanderbilt
12) Ole Miss
13) Missouri
14) Florida

NCAA Teams: Texas A&M,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Kentucky and Arkansas

ACC

1) Louisville
2) FSU
3) Syracuse
4) Miami
5) Georgia Tech
6) North Carolina
7) NCSU
8) Notre Dame
9) Duke
10) Virginia Tech
11) Clemson
12) Virginia
13) Boston College
14) Pitt
15) Wake Forest

You don’t think UT will make the NCAA or WNIT?

Reactions: Putbacks

SEC

1) Texas A&M
2) South Carolina
3) Mississippi State
4) Tennessee
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) Auburn
8) LSU
9) Georgia
10) Alabama
11) Vanderbilt
12) Ole Miss
13) Missouri
14) Florida

NCAA Teams: Texas A&M,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Kentucky and Arkansas

ACC

1) Louisville
2) FSU
3) Syracuse
4) Miami
5) Georgia Tech
6) North Carolina
7) NCSU
8) Notre Dame
9) Duke
10) Virginia Tech
11) Clemson
12) Virginia
13) Boston College
14) Pitt
15) Wake Forest

Are we on probation? 🤔

SEC

1) Texas A&M
2) South Carolina
3) Mississippi State
4) Tennessee
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) Auburn
8) LSU
9) Georgia
10) Alabama
11) Vanderbilt
12) Ole Miss
13) Missouri
14) Florida

NCAA Teams: Texas A&M,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Tennessee,Kentucky and Arkansas

ACC

1) Louisville
2) FSU
3) Syracuse
4) Miami
5) Georgia Tech
6) North Carolina
7) NCSU
8) Notre Dame
9) Duke
10) Virginia Tech
11) Clemson
12) Virginia
13) Boston College
14) Pitt
15) Wake Forest

There we go 🍊

A&M needed a last minute bucket to beat Rice on the road over the weekend. That's your SEC leader this year? .......wow

You meant to put this post for the poster who put THEIR order up? I just asked where UT was...

Yes we all know you’re beating your drum for SC we get it but I didn’t say anything but where MY team was ? LOL

You meant to put this post for the poster who put THEIR order up? I just asked where UT was...

Yes we all know you’re beating your drum for SC we get it but I didn’t say anything but where MY team was ? LOL
Did I mention that I love the lady vols? Your team is 2nd in blocks in the country, right behind South Carolina. Let's keep it going!

they'll beat those lady chickens by 18.....
I have heard that same thing for the last few years..lol..Tennessee is a very good team in their own right but South Carolina is ahead of them at almost every position. I say it's this is how the league looks at this point:

South Carolina
Miss St.
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Arkansas

then everyone else.....

I have heard that same thing for the last few years..lol..Tennessee is a very good team in their own right but South Carolina is ahead of them at almost every position. I say it's this is how the league looks at this point:

South Carolina
Miss St.
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Arkansas

then everyone else.....

I would love for it to play out that well, but that may be asking too much of this season, IMO, unless Tennessee’s offense can develop a lot more consistency. I can’t help thinking that, this season, they’ll lose a couple ofthose they’d need to win to get to third. Now, next season? If they don’t finish AT LEAST third I’ll probably be disappointed.

I don’t say this because I think they don’t have the talent or coaching to do it; I say this because we lost Zaay and I worry that there may not be enough time for the staff to get the talent and culture to that place so quickly. I don’t want to be unfairly disappointed by expecting more than I should for this season, but I’d sure be happy if the team were able to absorb and execute at a faster pace than I expect them to.

We'll have to shoot the three better as a team and make free throws better. I think we go about six deep with players we can trust to perform at an acceptable efficiency. From there were not getting much from the other players. We can't afford any more injuries to the top players the loss of Green is really tough on a team that isn't that deep in perimeter players.

I don’t say this because I think they don’t have the talent or coaching to do it; I say this because we lost Zaay and I worry that there may not be enough time for the staff to get the talent and culture to that place so quickly. I don’t want to be unfairly disappointed by expecting more than I should for this season, but I’d sure be happy if the team were able to absorb and execute at a faster pace than I expect them to.

That's the thing...they really don't have anyone to replace Zaay, and they don't have another serviceable guard...unless you call Burrell a guard. Horston and Massengill can share PG duties, but if one of them goes to the bench, who do you slot in at the other guard spot? Unless you go giant and put Rennia there...which probably isn't the best use of her talents.

Having said that, their post depth will still cause tons of problems for other teams. I don't see them beating MSST or SC, who both have excellent guard and post depth. But they have a real opportunity to wear down TAMU's inside game and stomp all over the smaller UK and Arkansas teams. They could easily finish third this season IMO.

Reactions: lvocd
Kellie has already mentioned (a couple of times now) that we may see Lou out on the perimeter, and the first time she said that I thought she might be too slow on that bum wheel to pull that off. But then I remembered that, even still coming back from the knee injury, I actually believe Brown already has more lateral speed than Angie Bjorklund ever did. Despite her lack of lateral quickness, Angie was one of Tennessee's most dependable perimeter shooters, so if she could pull it off, Lou can.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back