Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Still think Baylor is the team to beat? Looks like the number 1 team to mešŸ˜Ž

Oregon Knocks Off USA Women 93-86

They were awesome for sure. That was a super fun game to watch. Their defense looked much better. Iā€™m still not convinced they are that much better than Baylor. I think if/when they meet Baylor it will be a tough match-up.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Cooper had 12 points. That's decent. Nothing special that would warrant posting the highlights from Baylor's game on a Lady Vol forum though.

This entire thread is dedicated to non-lady vol posts for those who like to keep up with everything. BUBear is one of the most genuine and kind posters on this forum. When I created this thread it was for people just like him/her. Please, take your salty self back over to cockytalk.

I noticed that a Boneyard poster said Breanna Stewart ā€œhas always been the closer,ā€ regarding her outstanding record in convincing recruits to commit to Connecticut.

Cute. (Also an NCAA recruiting violation)

Heading down that road again? Some anonymous fan forum posts something they may or may not know anything about and suddenly an NCAA violation occurred. Next thing we hear it will be Stewart buying her a house.

Heading down that road again? Some anonymous fan forum posts something they may or may not know anything about and suddenly an NCAA violation occurred. Next thing we hear it will be Stewart buying her a house.

But the thing is you keep replying to something that you donā€™t think is true? šŸ˜‚

Reactions: lvocd
Not sure which coach worked with her but i think it might be associate coach Chris Dailey, But anyway So 6-5 Olivia Nelson-Ododa is a much better player this year 100% better she has game.

Oregon was really operating under a handycap during the NCAA's. They had injuries galore. Hebard had been playing injured since the Pac12 playoffs. Any player can have an off night. There short handed roster caught up with them at the end of the game, They just ran out of gas.

By the way Ionescu didn't score her points until the second half. Then she went crazy and scored 30. Sabally was unstoppable and scored 25. Hebard did well in the paint as well. I disagree team USA took the game very seriously. They tried really hard once they could not pull away and looked desperate when they lost the lead.

Team USA will not only have Griner, but also Della Don and Stewart as well. They are certainly better than Oregon, but just got caught by surprise on a bad night. Oregon played intense defense. Not at all like they were famous for in the pass.
DiDi dislocated her hip toward the end of the 2nd qtr and had to have it popped back into place at the half. Injuries work both ways and it explains why Ionescu went off in the 2nd half.

CAL is hanging tough witH UCONN. Officials are keeping UCONN ahead at the line. Theyā€™re having a hard time getting anything in the half-court.

DiDi dislocated her hip toward the end of the 2nd qtr and had to have it popped back into place at the half. Injuries work both ways and it explains why Ionescu went off in the 2nd half.

That and she was one of or the best player in the country last year. We have seen it with all the greats Parker, Catchings, Taurasi, and even Griner you can hold them back but rarely do you hold them down.

Speaking of Griner has she and Baylor made up I know she put some things out there about Baylor not supporting her and her sexuality. Is everything kosher yet? She meant a lot to that university so I would only imagine the mending of fences would happen sooner rather than later if it hasnā€™t. She did a lot for womenā€™s college basketball and I would hope she would feel comfortable in returning to the place that help put her on that stage! She was a player you just couldnā€™t take your eyes off of.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
Yeah, sheā€™s not. But you probably knew that.

Truth is, neither of us knows what sheā€™s saying to those players whenever she shows up when recruits are on campus for visits. While we donā€™t know that sheā€™s asking them to attend Connectucut, we also donā€™t know that sheā€™s not. Frankly, I simply donā€™t trust Connecticut to comply with NCAA rules.

That and she was one of or the best player in the country last year. We have seen it with all the greats Parker, Catchings, Taurasi, and even Griner you can hold them back but rarely do you hold them down.

Speaking of Griner has she and Baylor made up I know she put some things out there about Baylor not supporting her and her sexuality. Is everything kosher yet? She meant a lot to that university so I would only imagine the mending of fences would happen sooner rather than later if it hasnā€™t. She did a lot for womenā€™s college basketball and I would hope she would feel comfortable in returning to the place that help put her on that stage! She was a player you just couldnā€™t take your eyes off of.
Yes, Griner and Baylor have mentioned fences. It was pretty much overhipped PR for the book to begin with.

Griner finally completed her degree online and will be induced into the Baylor Hall of Honor this season.

Yes, Griner and Baylor have mentioned fences. It was pretty much overhipped PR for the book to begin with.

Griner finally completed her degree online and will be induced into the Baylor Hall of Honor this season.

Gotcha... I donā€™t know if I would say
ā€œ overhypedā€ for the book when she was stating her feelings about her sexuality but I am glad she and them are on a good footing.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Kentucky vs MTSU .... middle up 10 to 8 first quarter! Annie has about 6 but mostly foul shots ..... Middle pressure the ball is working!

Kentucky vs MTSU .... middle up 10 to 8 first quarter! Annie has about 6 but mostly foul shots ..... Middle pressure the ball is working!

Kentucky without Patterson (guard).... eligibility in January

The part of the post you were responding to was in reference to the second half of the Oregon - USA game not their game against Baylor. In the USA game, she scored 5pts in the first half and went off for 25 in the second. My point being that game situations are variable. In this case what happened in the first half did not carry over into the next half. The very same principle also applies from one game to the next. What happens in one game is often not repeated in the second matchup.

The defense is usually more consistent than offense, but even that has enough variables to help create a different outcome. I say this because people seem to think that Di Di will always lock down anyone at any time. Now Sabrina is the type of player she usually matches up well against, but I have seen her have problems with shorter quicker players. She has long legs and uses long strides to enable closing speed that enables her to stay with her assignments, but her foot speed not at that level. Sabrina is very smart and she will figure out how to exploit her lesser defensive attributes.

Maryland/SC game is ugly so far. Neither team shooting the ball well. Lots of fouls on Maryland.

Mowins and Antonelli are the worst sportscasters. I hate that anytime womenā€™s ball has a game televised on a major network it seems to be them calling the game. Antonelli always sounds like a harpy and complains about EVERYTHING. Mowins is a dunce. Can we not come up with two announcers that just call the game?

Sc vs maryland are 1 for 22 from the three SC 0 of 7 and Maryland 1 of 15. Other than Boston the three freshmen starting are like 4 of 29 for SC. SC getting to the line is the difference in the game 16 free throws made to 7 for maryland.
Duke and A&M a four point game A&M leading at half.
Middle Tenn has a great opportunity to best KY game is about even now KY I bet is looking forward to Patterson.
Florida getting all they want from Longwood.
SEC is looking wide open to me. The team that can develop their younger players and get their older players playing efficiently could run through the SEC.

UConn over California 72 to 61. UConn 21 Free throw attempts to 4 for California.

Missouri State up 38-31 at Boise State at halftime.

Boise State was ranked right behind us in preseason rankings among the "others receiving votes" outside Top 25.

Maryland/SC game is ugly so far. Neither team shooting the ball well. Lots of fouls on Maryland.

Mowins and Antonelli are the worst sportscasters. I hate that anytime womenā€™s ball has a game televised on a major network it seems to be them calling the game. Antonelli always sounds like a harpy and complains about EVERYTHING. Mowins is a dunce. Can we not come up with two announcers that just call the game?
Antonelli putting Maryland as a number one seed as they are losing at home.

Antonelli putting Maryland as a number one seed as they are losing at home.

Sheā€™s awful. Constantly talking over whoever sheā€™s paired with and she never makes much sense. People could care less how much crap sheā€™s watched on Synergy too.

Reactions: BUBear
Truth is, neither of us knows what sheā€™s saying to those players whenever she shows up when recruits are on campus for visits. While we donā€™t know that sheā€™s asking them to attend Connectucut, we also donā€™t know that sheā€™s not. Frankly, I simply donā€™t trust Connecticut to comply with NCAA rules.

Same could be said for Tennessee. Parker was on campus a few weeks ago with recruits on campus.

VN Store

Back