Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Notre Dame point guard Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. She played in 26 games as a freshman in 2018-19, starting 3 and averaging 2.5 PPG in 14.5 MPG. She was ranked in the top 40 in the 2018 class and chose ND over UCLA, Georgia, Ohio State, and UVA.

Note: i think Abby Prohaska will be the starting pg this year

Notre Dame point guard Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. She played in 26 games as a freshman in 2018-19, starting 3 and averaging 2.5 PPG in 14.5 MPG. She was ranked in the top 40 in the 2018 class and chose ND over UCLA, Georgia, Ohio State, and UVA.

Note: i think Abby Prohaska will be the starting pg this year
LutherIsMyDog1,000+ Posts
Raoul (who's Twitter account is private) has the following updates on players who have just entered the transfer portal;

WBB: Hearing that Notre Dame point guard Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. She played in 26 games as a freshman in 2018-19, starting 3 and averaging 2.5 PPG in 14.5 MPG. She was ranked in the top 40 in the 2018 class and chose ND over UCLA, Georgia, Ohio State, and UVA.

WBB: Hearing that Gabby Crawford (6-2 FR forward, Munford, TN) from Ole Miss is in the transfer portal. She played in 28 games during the 2018-19 season, starting 6 and and averaging 3.5 PPG and 3.7 RPG in 15.3 MPG. Crawford was ranked #80 in the 2018 class by espnW.
15 minutes ago

Reactions: mcannon1
LutherIsMyDog1,000+ Posts
Raoul (who's Twitter account is private) has the following updates on players who have just entered the transfer portal;​
WBB: Hearing that Notre Dame point guard Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. She played in 26 games as a freshman in 2018-19, starting 3 and averaging 2.5 PPG in 14.5 MPG. She was ranked in the top 40 in the 2018 class and chose ND over UCLA, Georgia, Ohio State, and UVA.
WBB: Hearing that Gabby Crawford (6-2 FR forward, Munford, TN) from Ole Miss is in the transfer portal. She played in 28 games during the 2018-19 season, starting 6 and and averaging 3.5 PPG and 3.7 RPG in 15.3 MPG. Crawford was ranked #80 in the 2018 class by espnW.
15 minutes ago

For a top recruit she did not see the floor much and fell behind Abby Prohaska

Ogunbowale sets WNBA mark in 2-for-23 night

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- All Arike Ogunbowale could do was shake her head as she glanced at the stat sheet in the locker room after Dallas lost by a point to New York on Friday night.

The rookie had a rough night from the field, missing a WNBA-record 21 of 23 attempts.

Ogunbowale set the league futility mark for a player taking 20 or more shots, according to STATS. She surpassed the 3-for-20 effort by Sheryl Swoopes in 2002. Ogunbowale also matched the record for most misses in a game that didn't go into overtime that was held by Wendy Palmer-Daniel in 1997. Maya Moore missed 23 shots against Connecticut in an overtime game in 2015.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- All Arike Ogunbowale could do was shake her head as she glanced at the stat sheet in the locker room after Dallas lost by a point to New York on Friday night.

The rookie had a rough night from the field, missing a WNBA-record 21 of 23 attempts.

Ogunbowale set the league futility mark for a player taking 20 or more shots, according to STATS. She surpassed the 3-for-20 effort by Sheryl Swoopes in 2002. Ogunbowale also matched the record for most misses in a game that didn't go into overtime that was held by Wendy Palmer-Daniel in 1997. Maya Moore missed 23 shots against Connecticut in an overtime game in 2015.

DAYAM!!!

I can't stand Cambage.

Honestly I quite like her, and I don't see a problem with her attitude. She gets hammered by opposing teams game in and game out. A couple games ago she was called for a technical and then when they watched the replay they rescinded it because it was obvious that the opposing player created the contact. I had never seen that happen. She gets a bad rep because everyone sees her reaction (because she's 6'8") but not the initial foul. I think she is an incredible talent and I love watching her play. She's good for the game, not many 6'8" women that can handle the ball and shoot like she does.

Reactions: Hangtyme24

I’m with Cambage on this one. Those are some thick rope-like strands Kalani’s whipping around. They need to be tied down and kept in some kind of control.

Honestly I quite like her, and I don't see a problem with her attitude. She gets hammered by opposing teams game in and game out. A couple games ago she was called for a technical and then when they watched the replay they rescinded it because it was obvious that the opposing player created the contact. I had never seen that happen. She gets a bad rep because everyone sees her reaction (because she's 6'8") but not the initial foul. I think she is an incredible talent and I love watching her play. She's good for the game, not many 6'8" women that can handle the ball and shoot like she does.
There's no denying that she is talented. I dislike her attitude that she's bigger than the league, and her constant complaining about her pay. Like she's done anything to promote the league, unless you count all her interviews dissing it as not worth her time and choosing not to play for 70% of the seasons since she's been drafted.

She may be talented, but IMO no big loss if she takes her ball and leaves with it.

My impression is that Cambage is simply being a typical Aussie in the way she communicates, and that appears to rub some Americans the wrong way. She’s honest and direct and pragmatic, which is not something we’re used to seeing anymore in this country. JMO.

if interested in this downtime to watch the USA 16 team gold metal game in Chili is on u-tube. Couldn't identify the LV coaches in the stands but they had the opportunity to watch hopefully some future LV's. fiba u16 women's basketball world cup 2019

Didn't want to start a new thread:

slimecap 5:08a

2026 RECRUITING
Bella Davis

5th Grade Division. Combo Guard #12 CC Thunder. 2x State Champ
International Baccalaureate Student

Replying to @BaylorWBB @coachmesser@Kaylin_Rice

"You already found me

Bella has posted several videos on her YouTube channel.

Last edited:
From HornFans:

2026 Recruiting - WBB

I took granddaughter to Plano Sports Authority for basketball practice today. Met a wonderful lady with a future recruit. The daughter is eleven and about 6 ft. The mom is 6’-2’” and Dad 6–8”. Mom says docs think daughter will be between 6’-5” and 6’-7”. Based on cursory look, can’t dispute that. Very skilled and physical with athletic body after watching her in practice. Showed me a pic of daughter and Mulkey at the Bear summer camp. Was an all-star. Gary Blair has invited her to the Aggie camp. A recent military move from up north and will attend Prestonwood as a sixth grader. Cy-Fair wanted her to play on their AAU team but mom says no. Will play in Southwest Region AAU Tournament next week in her own age bracket(11). The mom has a PhD in business and was simply marvelous to talk to. Has heard nothing from Texas. Mom wants a safe, conservative, rural college in mid-west and asked for recommendations. I recommended A&M and reluctantly Baylor. Also Iowa State as I love Fennelly. Mom doesn’t want SMU or Rice or Texas due to being urban schools. Mom is intrigued with the academics at Rice and has watched Nancy Mulkey but doesn’t like city environment and small conference basketball. They live in Prosper and like the Jordan Oliver connection to Baylor. And showed me a picture of the the recent commit (Samantha?) from San Antone. Just from that hour conversation, Baylor has a good start with her. The girl’s name is Channel Schuyler. I will follow her name in the future. I can’t express how delightful the mom was. Solid, aware, grounded.....the type lady you would love to have associated with your program. My wife agrees. Who knows what can happen in 5-6 years but my vote goes that the girl will be a high-achiever academically and a top recruit. We’ll see.

As Channel ages, matures, and develops, hopefully her desires will be mutual with Mom's and Dad's. Your description depicts Mom as perhaps a little controlling currently albeit professional. It's still too early to write off any school, I would think. Some marvelous things could develop at SMU, Rice, or Texas in the next 7 years.

The attached us a short video of USA and international stars commenting on lack of respect for women playing football. very familiar issues in many of our discussions re women's basketball. The st louis post dispatch sports reporter had a lengthy article on the sport starting with his purchasing an Alex Morgan shirt.

The attached us a short video of USA and international stars commenting on lack of respect for women playing football. very familiar issues in many of our discussions re women's basketball. The st louis post dispatch sports reporter had a lengthy article on the sport starting with his purchasing an Alex Morgan shirt.

How come there are no articles pointing fingers at the huge demographic group that shows the least respect for women's sports? Hint - it ain't men!

How come there are no articles pointing fingers at the huge demographic group that shows the least respect for women's sports? Hint - it ain't men!

This needs to be discussed! The lack of women who support women’s sports. In general, hard to get equal pay when you don’t have equal attendance.

Reactions: mcannon1 and BUBear
This needs to be discussed! The lack of women who support women’s sports. In general, hard to get equal pay when you don’t have equal attendance.
What many don't understand is that professional sports are part of the entertainment industry. Pay depends on revenue and revenues depend on box office (attendance, TV, endorsements etc.) not on a feminist concept of "fairness". Rapinoe's "we deserve to be paid more because we do the same job" is pure BS.
Meanwhile women spend billions on fashion, cosmetics, jewelry and their hair and pennies on women's sports. Within a couple of weeks women's soccer will return to obscurity. Not because of sexism or unfairness but because most women don't care.

VN Store

Back