Non Football - But Vols Tennis just won the SEC Title...

Fwiw, Tennessee coach, Chris Woodruff, graduated one year ahead of me at Bearden High School... great guy. Sounds like he is doing a great job too. Congrats to the Tennis Vols!

I grew up with Chris as my neighbor. Dude was one year below me at Bearden. Im so happy to see his success as the tennis Head Coach at UT. He had a great career as a player (ranked 29 ATP), and now as a coach. I’m absolutely thrilled to see Chris and UT a total winner over those Gator Baits!!!

Wow! Is the ref a known heel? That stuff seems very iffy.

The chair ump was either on the take or had Florida ties. Tennis refs are usually volunteers from local tennis clubs, and you would think are impartial in a SEC tourney. But this guy single-handedly took a win away from Weidemann with three blatantly biased overrules in the tiebreaker that gave the win to the Florida player. Looking back I wish coach Woodruff had asked for the chair to be replaced after the first overrule. This ump definitely had something against Tennessee.

The chair ump was either on the take or had Florida ties. Tennis refs are usually volunteers from local tennis clubs, and you would think are impartial in a SEC tourney. But this guy single-handedly took a win away from Weidemann with three blatantly biased overrules in the tiebreaker that gave the win to the Florida player. Looking back I wish coach Woodruff had asked for the chair to be replaced after the first overrule. This ump definitely had something against Tennessee.

Maybe quality tennis officials are hard to come by in the wilds of Arkansas?

Reactions: Evergrenevol
We had the Vols and Gators tennis teams on our flight yesterday. They were carrying their trophy with them and having fun. I made sure to throw in a Go Vols during a cabin announcement. There was some sad faces on those gators.

Reactions: Godfatha and Tnphil
You're late to the party, there were two threads on it earlier. But yeah, great win.

VN Store

Back