Noel Devine

Maybe. From what I remember, he never had any interest in Tennessee to begin with. I figured he'd end up at Miami or FSU.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Primetime sign another contract with Baltimore? Noel is going to move to Texas and live with the Sander's while Deion is playing in Baltimore. Sorry, but I don't see where the 'father figure' is coming in here.

Originally posted by KentuckyVolFan@Jun 20, 2005 9:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Primetime sign another contract with Baltimore? Noel is going to move to Texas and live with the Sander's while Deion is playing in Baltimore. Sorry, but I don't see where the 'father figure' is coming in here.
[snapback]105688[/snapback]​

where do you not see a father figure?

I guess having a father that is away during football season sure beats the heck out of not having a father at all.

I think the fact that he'll be going somewhere where there is a healthy family unit. deion already has money, so there is no worry of him not looking out for the kids best interest. The whole point is for this kid to succeed in LIFE and football. Its just sad more kids who don't have athletic talent get these opportunities

Originally posted by craigb_702@Jun 20, 2005 9:27 AM
I think the fact that he'll be going somewhere where there is a healthy family unit.  deion already has money, so there is no worry of him not looking out for the kids best interest.  The whole point is for this kid to succeed in LIFE and football.  Its just sad more kids who don't have athletic talent get these opportunities
[snapback]105733[/snapback]​

I can agree with that. I would like to see the kid do well, he has incredible talent.

Originally posted by Vol67@Jun 20, 2005 1:13 PM
I wonder if Deion is going to adopt Noel's kids also.
[snapback]105750[/snapback]​

Ouch!

Originally posted by craigb_702@Jun 20, 2005 11:27 AM
deion already has money, so there is no worry of him not looking out for the kids best interest.
[snapback]105733[/snapback]​

I would certainly beg to differ with that statement.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jun 20, 2005 12:45 PM
I would certainly beg to differ with that statement.
[snapback]105777[/snapback]​

ok, go ahead

"I wonder if Deion is going to adopt Noel's kids also."

or maybe he might prepare the kid for what he'll go through in college in order to graduate and be a positive role model for his children, maybe stop the cycle.

I'm just stating the obvious: that being wealthy has nothing to do with one's child-rearing abilities. I've dealt with plenty of rich, terrible parents, and also plenty of poor, wonderful ones.

The capability to buy diamond earings and Ferraris does not equate to the "kid's best interest."

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jun 20, 2005 3:49 PM
I'm just stating the obvious:  that being wealthy has nothing to do with one's child-rearing abilities.  I've dealt with plenty of rich, terrible parents, and also plenty of poor, wonderful ones.

The capability to buy diamond earings and Ferraris does not equate to the "kid's best interest."
[snapback]105862[/snapback]​

I think the whole point is, to make sure he is on track not make mistakes by many kids who have been in his shoes. Its about him being able to make good decisions 4 or 5 years down the road, whether it is graduating college and/or playing in the NFL. I agree "diamond earrings and Ferraris does not equate..." but having a positive influence who have been down the road you hope to travel does not hurt. You may not like deion, but i think it's cool that he's doing what he's doing as long as his hearts in the right place. This has nothing to do with rich vs. poor, its more removing the kid from a potential dangerous situation and putting him around positive people.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 20, 2005 2:48 PM
If I was FSU, I would happy about this...good parent or not.
[snapback]105865[/snapback]​

Extremely happy. This kid is probably gonna bring some college team a national championship or three.

VN Store

Back