No way Bama as good next year

This team was Saban’s best ever and easily among the top 5 teams in CFB history. There will probably be a drop off but you can count on Saban coached teams being prepared to compete at an elite, championship level.

I remember when Tua went down with his injury. "Good", I thought - "Now they are gonna have a crappy QB for a while, and we have a chance". I think there will be some drop off with them next year, but it won't matter.

Do you realize this is the perfect time for Saban to retire? He looked a little haggard. That's what needs to happen.

Note: Not Good that he got injured, but good that something happened to slow them down.

I would imagine Alabama will be preseason #1 again going into next season. They lose a lot, but so do most of the other top programs that could challenge them. They also have a lot more waiting for their turn to play than do the other programs.

Outside the SEC, I see Clemson, Ohio State, and traditionally overrated Notre Dame being less than Alabama next year.

Inside the SEC, only Georgia seems like a potential threat unless Texas A&M has some strong QB and OL folks waiting their turn in line.

Oklahoma might surprise.

Best chance is for Bama to lose a SEC game or two. Otherwise, I see them right back competing for the NC again next year.

They'll probably be better.
Probably.

Bryce Young is the real deal at QB. And that Bama defense will have more teeth next year. Will Anderson is freak edge rusher They have a breakaway threat at RB in Mclellan. And then there's Trey Saunders still I believe. Also a 5 star RB out of Texas coming in. Billingsley may be their version of Kyle Pitts. Metchie. The they have a bunch of stud freshman at WR. Then there's the possibility of Waddle coming back.

OP, yep this is great news. Probably means they'll take their foot off the gas somewhere in the 4th Q next yr, so they won't embarrass us worse. That's how elite programs have to handle mid-majors ya know.

Reactions: igotworms
You ever seen the houses they buy their players and families and their new sport cars ? I have lol. Godfather Saban is untouchable at this point. The Crimson and Houndstooth mafia down there takes care of him and those recruits.

Pics or none of it happened. At least we got that recruit with that fan of $100 bills from 7 or 8 yrs ago. But, cars and houses?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
In the spirit of answering this specific thread title... correct. Bama likely not as good next year! But still the team to beat in the west and SEC. but probably not as historically good on offense with a 100% SEC schedule.

I hear he might be coming back
ErJChobXcAEXNYs

lose Sark & 15 first & 2nd rounders

Just unbelievable
The Alabama bagmen will have new dodge chargers and some cash for a new batch of 5 star recruits. Saban’s coaching and Alabama’s “network” to get 5 star players benefits are the perfect match. Pair that with the Ncaa not wanting to see any wrong doing from their cash cow, and you get the dynasty that has been Alabama for the last 12 years. The good news is Saban is pushing 70, so he can’t have to many years left in him. Hopefully Alabama screws up their next hire, like they did until they ended up with Saban(who was their 2nd choice behind Rich Rod).

At this point I just hope I live long enough to see us beat them again. I’ll probably only be around for another 25-30 years so probably not.

lose Sark & 15 first & 2nd rounders

Just unbelievable
As good? Ok? That’s not saying much. Sark was a rehab project just a few years ago after his boozing and then completely bombing in the NFL.
Now it looks like they are going to get Bill O’Brien and another #1 recruiting class. Jeezus H on an popsicle stick.

VN Store

Back