No Vandy games this season

i wonder if this saves her job another season ...

If they’re smart they’ll take this opportunity to replace her. It’s been ugly since she started and is only getting worse.

Yet again a team performing poorly ending their season. I’m not so sure about all this. Part of me feels that if you started you need to finish. Seems like an easy out for teams who are struggling. Messes up all the conference stuff since they had played games already. No wins so it won’t affect that part but at least 3 teams will have an extra game now.

I fully sympathize with the difficulties COVID presents, but teams that are winning seem to be doing fine. Just because your team sucks shouldn’t be the deciding factor in cancelling. If COVID was really Vandy’s motivation then why even start SEC play? Just call it when you’re on break.

Said this about Virginia, but I guarantee you if Vandy were 3-0 in SEC play and not 0-3 they’d be figuring out a way to play.

Last edited:
If they’re smart they’ll take this opportunity to replace her. It’s been ugly since she started and is only getting worse.

Yet again a team performing poorly ending their season. I’m not so sure about all this. Part of me feels that if you started you need to finish. Seems like an easy out for teams who are struggling. Messes up all the conference stuff since they had played games already. No wins so it won’t affect that part but at least 3 teams will have an extra game now.

I fully sympathize with the difficulties COVID presents, but teams that are winning seem to be doing fine. Just because your team sucks shouldn’t be the deciding factor in cancelling. If COVID was really Vandy’s motivation then why even start SEC play? Just call it when you’re on break.

Said this about Virginia, but I gaursntee you if Vandy were 3-0 in SEC play and not 0-3 they’d be figuring out a way to play.

i said it before give the teams losses and put a * beside the record if need be for that coach... but a team should get the win if their opponent opts out (aka forfeits the season) just my opinion ...

Ohio State imposed a self post season ban (which was sorta smart looking back)...

Reactions: VolBall09
i said it before give the teams losses and put a * beside the record if need be for that coach... but a team should get the win if their opponent opts out (aka forfeits the season) just my opinion ...

Ohio State imposed a self post season ban (which was sorta smart looking back)...

I’m not certain but I don’t think Ohio State imposed that on themselves. I think that came from the NCAA due to the sexual and financial misconduct of their past assistant.

I agree that the teams should be forced to take the losses. Them not playing means the other teams get shorted a game.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
So were not playing Sunday as of now.

Hopefully we can play Kentucky I think they are off that day. Really the only time both teams can make it work for sure. Only reason it won’t happen is if they refuse to play because they don’t want to lose their bye that day.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hopefully we can play Kentucky I think they are off that day. Really the only time both teams can make it work for sure. Only reason it won’t happen is if they refuse to play because they don’t want to lose their bye that day.
We're losing two games on our schedule. The SEC should step in if they can make this happen.

I’m not certain but I don’t think Ohio State imposed that on themselves. I think that came from the NCAA due to the sexual and financial misconduct of their past assistant.

I agree that the teams should be forced to take the losses. Them not playing means the other teams get shorted a game.

Here is what i was talking about ... the other stuff i didn’t know 👀D306CA3B-1DAF-4974-8E6A-7014D1558DCF.png

Reactions: VolBall09

Said this about Virginia, but I guarantee you if Vandy were 3-0 in SEC play and not 0-3 they’d be figuring out a way to play.
Yep i totaly agree but these libtards cant handle losing very well. That coach and her krap has ruined a program that was fairly good when Balcomb was there, however she was a libtard as well! JMHO

So in the Vandy statement there was nothing from their Coach. Sounds like the decision was made between the players and the Administration. Very very strange.

Seems like White’s team may have gone behind her back in cancelling their season. Otherwise I would have expected a statement from her. Will not be at all shocked if this marks the end of her tenure there.

EDIT: They just added to their statement and included a blurb from White. Still doesn’t sound like she was in on it. Never says she wanted it and seems to be subtly stating the players made the decision on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
There are some pretty uncharitable comments here about a team that's playing with seven players due to COVID and injuries. I doubt they are happy at having to cancel their season.

Should we have to take losses for the TAMU and KY games if they can't be rescheduled?

There are some pretty uncharitable comments here about a team that's playing with seven players due to COVID and injuries. I doubt they are happy at having to cancel their season.

Should we have to take losses for the TAMU and KY games if they can't be rescheduled?
Little bit different set of circumstances. Our PPD games were in accordance with the SEC/NCAA protocols. Vandy has cancelled the balance of their season which also was an option within the same protocols. I'm not advocating the forfeiture of games not played, just noting the difference.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Little bit different set of circumstances. Our PPD games were in accordance with the SEC/NCAA protocols. Vandy has cancelled the balance of their season which also was an option within the same protocols. I'm not advocating the forfeiture of games not played, just noting the difference.

I’m advocating their forfeiting of the games. what does having a losing record really make a difference to you as a player if your concern is health.

Someone said it about Duke’s players. Will they eat in the cafeteria? will they work out in the gym go to the practice basketball courts? Will they lift?

Rescheduling and forfeiting are different things and if TN did the same thing i’d say give the other team the win. As to not mess up seeding. I know people say well what if the team was gonna lose ? Well we don’t know who would have won but we do know who forfeited.

Now TN has two less games so i don’t know how the SEC does comeuppance with seeding ... how do you even determine conference champs?? lol

oh and for the record i’m advocating for the win being placed in the other teams column NOT the name calling on here

I’m advocating their forfeiting of the games. what does having a losing record really make a difference to you as a player if your concern is health.

Someone said it about Duke’s players. Will they eat in the cafeteria? will they work out in the gym go to the practice basketball courts? Will they lift?

Rescheduling and forfeiting are different things and if TN did the same thing i’d say give the other team the win. As to not mess up seeding. I know people say well what if the team was gonna lose ? Well we don’t know who would have won but we do know who forfeited.

Now TN has two less games so i don’t know how the SEC does this come seeding time how do you even determine conference champs lol

oh and for the record i’m advocating for the win being placed in the other teams column NOT the name calling on here

There will be no fair way to determine the regular season conference champs unless one team goes undefeated.

It’s going to be an absolute mess.

Duke, Vanderbilt and Virginia have decided that academics are more important than a basketball team's games.

Duke, Vanderbilt and Virginia have decided that academics are more important than a basketball team's games.
So should we expect Stanford to call off their season next? How about Georgia Tech, Cal? Academics have nothing to do with this.

Reactions: travis929
Truth but if that champ misses 3 games and goes undefeated but doesn’t play UK , A&M, and SC that’s sketchy to me lol

Most definitely lol. Guess we will find out. I do agree it makes the most sense to count the losses of the forfeited teams. Especially if it’s just Vandy. They didn’t win any games so it’s null really. Either that or don’t count any of the games they played at all.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Most definitely lol. Guess we will find out. I do agree it makes the most sense to count the losses of the forfeited teams. Especially if it’s just Vandy. They didn’t win any games so it’s null really. Either that or don’t count any of the games they played at all.

exactly take all their games out so far and it is an equalizer ! good idea

VN Store

Back