No Super Regional Hosts - Sites TBD By NCAA

D1Baseball does their midseason field of 64. They have us as the 12th seed overall and hosting VT. I don't understand how you have us as #6 but 12th overall seed if season ended today. Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it is some complicated math. They also have stats for our guys but do not use those stats to put together their rankings in the stats section.

Reactions: txbo
D1Baseball does their midseason field of 64. They have us as the 12th seed overall and hosting VT. I don't understand how you have us as #6 but 12th overall seed if season ended today. Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it is some complicated math. They also have stats for our guys but do not use those stats to put together their rankings in the stats section.

I don't get that either.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Kendall Rogers said on the D1 Baseball podcast today that he could see a team like UT being shipped up north as a 1 seed to a Big 10 host site. He said there are probably 5-6 host spots for SEC teams with 7 teams vying for those.

Said the Big 10 will probably get a host just for geography purposes. He said ECU, USC (not sure why he views them ahead of Vols), and Vandy are slam dunks to host and the Vols are in a tough spot location wise.

He clearly views UT as the 7th choice for SEC hosts. He didn’t come out and say it, but I’m assuming history and facilities went into his opinion too.

I would be pissed if we didn’t get to host as a 1 seed.
I wouldn’t put in any stock in what Kendall Rogers says.

I’d explain that as D1 sees TN as the 6th best team but when it comes to how they see the committee breaking it down they see a more balanced seeding across the country with less emphasis on the SEC

I wouldn’t put in any stock in what Kendall Rogers says.
I called him out in 2017 on Twitter over the Vitello hire when he “broke” that we were hiring TV an hour before the PC and everyone else was calling it. He tried to claim that he knew TV was a candidate all along and who he thought we’d go with. In every tweet/story leading up to the hire he never once mentioned TV’s name.

I called him out in 2017 on Twitter over the Vitello hire when he “broke” that we were hiring TV an hour before the PC and everyone else was calling it. He tried to claim that he knew TV was a candidate all along and who he thought we’d go with. In every tweet/story leading up to the hire he never once mentioned TV’s name.

Yeah, he’s wrong on almost every coaching search. I like what they are doing promoting D1 baseball and enjoy their website and news however at times they think they know too much

They are probably simulating the rest of the season out and having Tennessee finish with a 17-13 SEC record. As of now the Vols have played a fairly easy conference schedule and still have Carolina, Florida, Vanderbilt, Arkansas remaining, that is a tough road ahead. As of now they have played a very easy conference schedule. LSU, Alabama, and Georgia have all lost every series in conference play and don’t look as if they are Tournament teams.

I believe we can go 3-3 over the next 2 weekends as someone mentioned before, and still host. We could possibly go 2-4 and win 1 of the next 2 series and host. Depends on what those below us do and when the selections are announced.

I believe we can go 3-3 over the next 2 weekends as someone mentioned before, and still host. We could possibly go 2-4 and win 1 of the next 2 series and host. Depends on what those below us do and when the selections are announced.

I’ll go one step further: I believe the Vols host a regional as long as they don’t get swept this season

now granted the new plan makes me less sure of that but under normal circumstances I think that’s where it would be

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sorry just got around to their top 8, excuse me for asking but... aside from the first tourney in February who has Ole Miss beaten at home and away? We play UF and they play Arky this week. That’s pretty F’n straight up.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Baseball America disagrees with Mr. Rogers.
Their latest prediction came out today and here is a glimpse.

View attachment 361190
So from most i talk to, they will try their hardest to keep from an SEC vs SEC matchup in a super regional. I think if we win 18 games or so and don't bow out of the sec tournament day 1, we will see an opponent from the north on the opposite our super regional.

More politics invading sports. Tennessee and Vandy, two top 5 teams, would probably have their bids to host a Super Regional rejected regardless of merit if this line of thinking holds.

More politics invading sports. Tennessee and Vandy, two top 5 teams, would probably have their bids to host a Super Regional rejected regardless of merit if this line of thinking holds.

Finally a Title 9 work around to fix the 11/7 scholarship limit.

VN Store

Back