No Super Regional Hosts - Sites TBD By NCAA

TheMookieMonster

An atrocious and stupid decision by the NCAA. Basically, the regular season has no meaning now outside of a conference championship.

We’re going to be above 200 million+ vaccinations by the middle of May, and we’re hosting home series currently, but it’s too dangerous to have them in May? Stupid!

Tennessee will of course bid to host, and I'm sure that the BaseVols' performance this year is a feather in their cap, but I'm concerned that Lindsey Nelson won't be one of the southern stadiums to make the cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
Tennessee will of course bid to host, and I'm sure that the BaseVols' performance this year is a feather in their cap, but I'm considered that Lindsey Nelson won't be one of the southern stadiums to make the cut.

We won’t win a bid. Lindsey-Nelson is far behind many other southern stadiums. And seating capacity is a lot less too so can’t socially distance people as easily.

This is just such a dumb choice. Why is COVID not an issue now, but it will be in the summer when it’s harder to spread in extreme heat, 200+ million Americans will be vaccinated, and we’ll be at the point where you can walk into a CVS and get a vaccine? But at that point it’s too dangerous?

If you take the picnic tables down the third base side out and put the metal bleachers back that were once there (IIRC taken out during CDS’s tenure), capacity goes up appreciably.

Reactions: volz2wallz
This is so Tennessee luck. We will have a record that in any other year would have us hosting.

Maybe they will take into consideration the records of those submitting bids?

This is so Tennessee luck. We will have a record that in any other year would have us hosting.

Maybe they will take into consideration the records of those submitting bids?

It will be merit based according to KR.

Of course with the season the basevols are having...the NCAA decide to do this....we won't win a bid. We are gonna be a top seed in a regional....but we are gonna have to go to a midwest site probably. Joke.

Reactions: feathersax
The ncaa would screw up a wet dream

But with that said this assures Tenn is hosting a regional and likely the super Regionals. Decisions come sooner which helps as the Vols are going to be ranked plenty high

An atrocious and stupid decision by the NCAA. Basically, the regular season has no meaning now outside of a conference championship.

We’re going to be above 200 million+ vaccinations by the middle of May, and we’re hosting home series currently, but it’s too dangerous to have them in May? Stupid!

My guess is they are following the lead of the MLB.
Super regionals will be held in blue states, prolly.🤷‍♂️
You can forget Knoxville or Atlanta hosting.
We may get one in Chapel Hill.
GBO!!

The ncaa would screw up a wet dream

But with that said this assures Tenn is hosting a regional and likely the super Regionals. Decisions come sooner which helps as the Vols are going to be ranked plenty high

This. I cannot read the KR article, but based on his tweets and after some thinking on it...

If we take the series vs. UF, I am not sure how we could be denied a regional host spot. That’s a big if for sure.

But we’d be ranked in the top 5, and our RPI will be top 10, our quad 1 wins would be sufficient. So if merit based on where we are in April is a thing, I don’t see how we get denied.

Now...lose to EKU in the midweek at home and get swept by UF at home, then I could see it, maybe even if we only win one against UF... but other people could have a bad week too.

We’ll see I guess.

GBO!!!

Kendall Rogers said on the D1 Baseball podcast today that he could see a team like UT being shipped up north as a 1 seed to a Big 10 host site. He said there are probably 5-6 host spots for SEC teams with 7 teams vying for those.

Said the Big 10 will probably get a host just for geography purposes. He said ECU, USC (not sure why he views them ahead of Vols), and Vandy are slam dunks to host and the Vols are in a tough spot location wise.

He clearly views UT as the 7th choice for SEC hosts. He didn’t come out and say it, but I’m assuming history and facilities went into his opinion too.

I would be pissed if we didn’t get to host as a 1 seed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kendall Rogers said on the D1 Baseball podcast today that he could see a team like UT being shipped up north as a 1 seed to a Big 10 host site. He said there are probably 5-6 host spots for SEC teams with 7 teams vying for those.

Said the Big 10 will probably get a host just for geography purposes. He said ECU, USC (not sure why he views them ahead of Vols), and Vandy are slam dunks to host and the Vols are in a tough spot location wise.

He clearly views UT as the 7th choice for SEC hosts. He didn’t come out and say it, but I’m assuming history and facilities went into his opinion too.

Probably due to our stadium? SC has a great one. Vandy is in a desirable city.

He and Fitt put us in “the second tier” with SC a week ago in the chat, and we don’t have “star power” like Vandy and UF...

Blah, blah, blah...oh yeah, B1G don’t deserve a host.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back