No one should be surprised we lost

As long as we are ranked Top 10, we will get everyone’s best shot. Many of these teams are desperate for a big win to increase their tournament chances. It doesn’t help that we have too many players that just disappear offensively especially on the road.
As long as we are ranked Top 10, we will get everyone’s best shot. Many of these teams are desperate for a big win to increase their tournament chances. It doesn’t help that we have too many players that just disappear offensively especially on the road.
It’s very frustrating watching this offense look so good one game then they can hardly function the next. Need a good consistent big man inside with a true point guard that can drive to the basket and create shots

I wonder, or rather, what does it matter? Tennessee's been a 3 seed twice and lost to an 11th seed - I think? And when we were a 5, we lost to a 12. The year we had Grant and Admiral we at least made it to the Sweet 16, but then we played Purdue and lost as a 2 to a 3. Maybe we'd do better as a hunter rather than a hunted. Who knows.

Well, strike that, I guess there's an argument for getting a draw from the 1/2 seed line, but Tennessee's gonna have to have a little luck to stick on that 2 line. I just don't how much having a high seed has helped Tennessee these past seven years.
That Purdue loss was really hard to take. We played on our heels most of the game and let them stay in it then got an absolute bs call that gave PU the win. I can’t let it go.

Reactions: Voltopia
That Purdue loss was really hard to take. We played on our heels most of the game and let them stay in it then got an absolute bs call that gave PU the win. I can’t let it go.

It was very hard, agreed. That was by far the most efficient offense Tennessee has had under Barnes. It was ranked top 5 in FG%, if I recall correctly, amost 48% or 49% shooting from the floor. Normally, Barnes brings teams with higher defensive rankings and average to above-average offensive rankings. That group, though, it made about half its shots all year. Really thought that group would be the group to break through. A real shame.

Reactions: Frozevol

It was very hard, agreed. That was by far the most efficient offense Tennessee has had under Barnes. It was ranked top 5 in FG%, if I recall correctly, amost 48% or 49% shooting from the floor. Normally, Barnes brings teams with higher defensive rankings and average to above-average offensive rankings. That group, though, it made about half its shots all year. Really thought that group would be the group to break through. A real shame.
I was watching that game with folks in Wisconsin and they couldn’t understand why I was distraught after that game . I told them that I had just watched what was likely Tennessee’s last chance in my lifetime to make the Final 4. They were like “cmon that’s pretty negative “. I stand by it.

VN Store

Back