No more Million dollar coaches.

Its not so much about low balling but maybe trying to do things different. Its a different world we live in now. Things may have to change. Coaches and pro players are paid ridiculous amounts of money for a game.

I agree they are overpaid. I bet money that Pruitt couldn't read his own contract and he is highest paid state employee.

Did Mike hire a TN coach? When was the last time TN was good? Did they have a TN guy? I only mention less money because we live in a different world now. If COVID doesn't go away for awhile what will happen with those Million dollar contracts?
Just bc someone is born between some made up line on a piece of paper doesn't mean dick.
"Bleeding orange" is for a bumper sticker and doesn't not make a.coach

Its not so much about low balling but maybe trying to do things different. Its a different world we live in now. Things may have to change. Coaches and pro players are paid ridiculous amounts of money for a game.

So if you are serious about things having to change then the only way you're going to do that is to stop having anything to do with it. Don't watch, don't go to games, don't buy any merchandise, etc. Because if you do any of that, you're contributing to it and driving the machine.

Reactions: orange_glory
Do coaches suddenly become better if they are paid more? I think coaches either have it or don't. I get that if your good at your job you may get rewarded with more money.

If you have “it”, you will take your services to a higher bidder than the school offering a fraction of the going rate for head coaches.

So if you are serious about things having to change then the only way you're going to do that is to stop having anything to do with it. Don't watch, don't go to games, don't buy any merchandise, etc. Because if you do any of that, you're contributing to it and driving the machine.

COVID might take care of going to games (lower attendance), not buying merchandise (no jobs), watching TV might be the only way this machine keeps moving.

I just remember growing up what pride it brought to this state to have the VOLS in the national spotlight for the right reasons. I can't remember the last time I saw a TN football flag on a car flying with pride in my area. Going to games with my grandad and father. Having bragging rights over Alabama. I know someone being from TN doesn't make them a good coach. That's why you look around and get the best one in TN and see if they want the job.

COVID might take care of going to games (lower attendance), not buying merchandise (no jobs), watching TV might be the only way this machine keeps moving.

TV is the main thing keeping it going. For pro sports and most of the big conferences, TV is where they make their money. They don't even care that much if people show up or not. How do you think these bowls where the stands are 75% empty continue make a profit? Because enough people watch.

If you're gonna hire mercenaries, which Pruitt certainly is, you have to be prepared to treat them like mercenaries. Pay them a bunch but structure the deals so you're not stuck paying a hired gun a loyalty bonus years after you can his ass. UT has not figured this out yet and it's cost ridiculous money.

Go the opposite direction. Go get the best NFL coach and make him such a big offer he couldnt turn it down.

Then cheat your butt off. Pay the players WHATEVER it takes to stack up five stars like Bama, UGA, and Florida do.

1602982905288.jpeg

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
You go to the bargain bomb car lot you usually get what you pay for has been my experience. If you think UT football HC should only pay $900K per year, you'll get as head coach exactly what the market will bring you and ruin any future winning coach from ever considering coming to your chintzy cheapskate school as HC for a generation or two.

TV is the main thing keeping it going. For pro sports and most of the big conferences, TV is where they make their money. They don't even care that much if people show up or not. How do you think these bowls where the stands are 75% empty continue make a profit? Because enough people watch.

Maybe when people can't afford or lose job due to Covid will have to cancel cable or streaming service. Can't go to bars to watch if Covid gets bad again. Again I get it but the system still seems out of control. Its like the Healthcare system on artificial turf.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I just remember growing up what pride it brought to this state to have the VOLS in the national spotlight for the right reasons. I can't remember the last time I saw a TN football flag on a car flying with pride in my area. Going to games with my grandad and father. Having bragging rights over Alabama. I know someone being from TN doesn't make them a good coach. That's why you look around and get the best one in TN and see if they want the job.
I understand what you're posting. Part of what a head coach is supposed to bring to the table is a staff and the more you pay the better of a reputation for recruiting and development that staff should have. There's still not enough talent in TN to fill out an SEC contender's roster. You're probably never going to find a cohort of TN HS/small college coaches who can successfully recruit out of state SEC athletes. Add in the fact that we won't get all of the top in-state payers with Dabo, Saban, and Kirby deing able to cross the border and take almost any TN player they want. I don't know how the nativist plan can work but it couldn't be much worse that getting out asses kicked at home by KY.

Maybe when people can't afford or lose job due to Covid will have to cancel cable or streaming service. Can't go to bars to watch if Covid gets bad again. Again I get it but the system still seems out of control. Its like the Healthcare system on artificial turf.
it sucks for us right now but plenty of teams that are winning are fine with things the way they are. a lot of Tennessee people got us in the hole we're in now.

VN Store

Back